Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

The evolution of Windows from its beginnings to date

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keoma
    • Jan 2013

Re: The evolution of Windows from its beginnings to date

Win 8 is a good operating system which in connection with a touch monitor makes more sense.

Comment

• parsonline
      • Feb 2013

i think the best version of windows still is winxp i still use from this version because is compatible with diffrence of kinds of software and easy to work and simple
      i think we need more time for compatible for win8

Comment

• pan1300
        Experienced Board Member
        • Apr 2012

hi parsonline

I agree about the xp - recently migrated (for work) to win 7 and my 'universal' docking isn't supported by win 7, so newer isn't always better ...

and - as said previously, but I seem to be alone in the whole world with this statement - also still have one on Vista (64 bit business) and still working very good ...

Comment

• duhoki
          Experienced Board Member
          • Aug 2011

One day in the distance future, people will talk about XP as the good zilla OS:D

I am my self big fan of XP because of the simplicity and power it delivered to you an me as normal users and expert users. But i think as time go, it is really in need to follow the time and technology it brings with it in order to keep up with the community etc....

Comment

• kostis
            Experienced Board Member
            • Nov 2012

Microsoft is trying to win a bet here with win8 and its not going to let it go so easy, first it reduce the price, then is giving a great support and last i think they will but them in so many device in the nearest future that will make them more popular. i also use win xp and win 7 and im willing to go to back to DOS if i have to to avoid VISTA! in Greece will call them SVISTA (it mean turn them off).
            If my post was useful, please, use "Thanks" button

Comment

• fandm
              Experienced Board Member
              • Aug 2011

I am using 7 and it is not as friendly as xp, and if 8 is that different to 7 why use a touch screen program on a non touch screen pc. the only reason for going from Xp to 7 is the lack of support from microsoft.

Comment

• Mobley3
                Experienced Board Member
                • Jun 2012

Seems there are quite a few of us who are still fans of XP, I find myself regularly going to my old Desktop to do certain things, even though I could probably do them on my Windows 7 laptop but as has been said not always as user friendly and often a complete pain.

Regards Mobley3

mobley3

Comment

• joseram2000
                  Board Senior Member
                  • Nov 2010

If you put the server so 2000, and 2003, left also adding two more powerful operating systems that are created by Microsoft Windows 2008 Server and Windows 2010 this especially with a huge number of possible configurations.
                  And also forget the Windows embbeded

Comment

• buiacco
                    Experienced Member
                    • Sep 2011

Hi nowadays is it possible to go back with old OS Microsoft simply using virtual enviroment,
                    so it's available from DOS Win95,WinME, and Win98SE all possibility to reuse all old OS.

Best regards
                    :D

Comment

• duhoki
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Aug 2011

[QUOTE=buiacco;270167]Hi nowadays is it possible to go back with old OS Microsoft simply using virtual enviroment,
                      so it's available from DOS Win95,WinME, and Win98SE all possibility to reuse all old OS.

Best regards
                      :D[/QUOTE]

You mean like when you have had a very bad day with win7 and just want to see the win xp interface just to relax:D

In the company i work, our bosses are pushing us to upgrade all and i mean 100% of the computer to win7. But some of the users basically not allows us to do it because they are so integrated and love the simplicity of it. I love the way every user have the same frustrating complaint when i change from XP to win7.

Comment

• pan1300
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Apr 2012

[QUOTE=duhoki;270194]You mean like when you have had a very bad day with win7 and just want to see the win xp interface just to relax:D

In the company i work, our bosses are pushing us to upgrade all and i mean 100% of the computer to win7. But some of the users basically not allows us to do it because they are so integrated and love the simplicity of it. I love the way every user have the same frustrating complaint when i change from XP to win7.[/QUOTE]

hi duhoki

I agree with you, but as my post #210 said: end of win support on the XP in April 2014, seems logical companies need to look for an alternative. And I know a decent migration takes some time, so the time is now to start ...
                        I don't say that Win 7 is better or worse, but companies can't take the risk using an 'unsupported) OS.

and @buiacco: no virtual here, I still use my Pentium 3 now and then (still has Win 95 on it) - only finding drivers for eg usb-sticks is as disaster ...

Comment

• kostis
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Nov 2012

[QUOTE=pan1100;270198]hi duhoki

I agree with you, but as my post #210 said: end of win support on the XP in April 2014, seems logical companies need to look for an alternative. And I know a decent migration takes some time, so the time is now to start ...
                          I don't say that Win 7 is better or worse, but companies can't take the risk using an 'unsupported) OS.

and @buiacco: no virtual here, I still use my Pentium 3 now and then (still has Win 95 on it) - only finding drivers for eg usb-sticks is as disaster ...[/QUOTE]

drivers are easy to find even with win95, there programs that help (not my choice) but what really did the job for me is a cd i made with all win drivers that i got from a torrent. i even use it sometimes after format xp or win7.
                          If my post was useful, please, use "Thanks" button

Comment

• pan1300
                            Experienced Board Member
                            • Apr 2012

hi kostis

i had to do the same: download the drivers on another pc, put on cd and install - reason the win 95 one has still a 56k-modem if I remember well

but going off topic a bit now - basically when one is a bit 'creative' even with old stuff certain things still can be done (when one has a bit time)

Comment

• BlueIsMyColor
                              Experienced Member
                              • Mar 2013

Windows XP and Windows 7 are the best ones made by microsoft. Windows 8 is a good evolution from windows 7 in terms of efficiency but isn't too much consensual because of metro design.

Here it is a short video of the evolution...

_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI9SPjFQgDk

Comment

• duhoki
                                Experienced Board Member
                                • Aug 2011

As i see it, microsoft is trying to slowly change the way you me and everybody else use our devices for everyday task. Windows 7 and XP have had the focuse on a standard computer-mouse that have been in use for many years. So over time the community will go over to moure thecnology-moderne using of devices by making me and you more interactive with the device example like touch screens. Therfore i think microsoft have focused on this methode of integration for the future of how we will use computer/devices.

Windows8= The future

Comment

Working...