Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Iphone 5 and Iphone 'Evolution'

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sossenheim-ffm
    • Oct 2012

Re: Iphone 5 and Iphone 'Evolution'

microchick hahaha you are right.
    But I have to say that apple has done a good job with the Iphones but they get now slowly 'communists' in the mobile branch.
    The Iphone 3gs to 4 was an amazing step.
    I never thougt that they could do a big step like this.
    But the Iphone 5 isn't an evolution as evryone has expected.
    Ios 6 isn't that good a I thought and it has got many bugs till now.
    Will see what they will do in future.
    (I will stick to my SGS3 )
    If I helped you please press thanks button!

Comment

• microchick
      Experienced Board Member
      • Apr 2012

I am sure it was big step to go from 3GS to 4. but iphone 4 left so many people without any signal. People wre complaining that they can use it only SOS calls, nothing else. It took apple a long time to deal with the iproblems. People were waiting for iphone5 and were expecting a lot from apple to at least compete the market but i think apple have let their customers down with iphone5.
      If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• sossenheim-ffm
        • Oct 2012

You are totally right that the cusomers of apple did expect much more of the iphone5 but I think me and many other people will agree to my expectation that the time has come were the customers slowly start to leave apple's iphone and will choose an other os.
        Ok, I know many people are apple fans and will stick to apple but they wont be as famous as before because new os came out and apple is a bit too controlled especially the app store.
        Big companys left also apple because they weren't allowed to publish/release few apps.
        I think the best years of apple are over.
        What do you guys think of it?
        Is the iphone 'Evolution' over?
        If I helped you please press thanks button!

Comment

• microchick
          Experienced Board Member
          • Apr 2012

Afterall why Apple did not innovate when they have to build a single phone a year and when they have 10 times the reserve than the Nokia and othe manufacturers?
          Please atleast know what you are buying. Spare 10 minutes and search for whats best in the market and offering a good deal to wisely invest your money.
          If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• gcms
            Board Senior Member
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by sossenheim-ffm
            You are totally right that the cusomers of apple did expect much more of the iphone5 but I think me and many other people will agree to my expectation that the time has come were the customers slowly start to leave apple's iphone and will choose an other os.
            Ok, I know many people are apple fans and will stick to apple but they wont be as famous as before because new os came out and apple is a bit too controlled especially the app store.
            Big companys left also apple because they weren't allowed to publish/release few apps.
            I think the best years of apple are over.
            What do you guys think of it?
            Is the iphone 'Evolution' over?
            i think it will reach to its logical end automatically as every one those who were stuck with iphone from the bigining and now the iphone 5 is released and and it is not up to the deisres of the people then the consummers leave apple iphones and will choose an other one to fulllfil its needs and i think andriods phones are the best one open sources and with the dump of applications which u wants wishes and regards

Comment

• m404
              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by microchick
              but iphone 4 left so many people without any signal. People wre complaining that they can use it only SOS calls
              technically speaking, that makes no sense.
              the antenna-shortcircuit that happened to the iphone4 because of its poor design choices could never cause the phone to be only able to make SOS calls (an SOS call still requires you to be connected to a cellular network ... it just doesn't care whether it is your own operator or another).
              the shortcircuit caused the antenna to completely, physically, cut off the signal by over 30dB of strength, hence basically reducing reception to zero ... that would make SOS calls just as impossible.

the amount of myths and false information reguarding apple products will never cease to amaze me ...

(just so we're clear : i'm a certified linux professional ... while i do like apple/osx, and am a user of an iphone, i also have an SGS3 here, i run linux machines at home, and I don't believe android is a useless piece of junk or whatever u'd expect a fanboi to be like ... i just think that false information is false, no matter what direction it's aimed at).

Originally posted by mahrkpat
              You never know Apple might do ****** a favour because it's own app has problems.
              or, you know, it might just allow ****** Maps into the AppStore on the same base it has allowed, uhm, I don't know ... Navigon, TomTom, Sygic, Garmin, Falk, iGo, CoPilot ... etc etc ...

on what base would Apple disallow ****** Maps ?

Comment

• microchick
                Experienced Board Member
                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by m404
                the shortcircuit caused the antenna to completely, physically, cut off the signal by over 30dB of strength, hence basically reducing reception to zero ... that would make SOS calls just as impossible.
                the amount of myths and false information reguarding apple products will never cease to amaze me ...
                Thats even worse that people couldnt make SOS calls and they were without help.
                BBC Watchdog did a whole program about Iphone4 problems. Other members will confirm this. I couldnt find a link to that program but I found some other interesting information, here are the links

--http://www.macnn.com/articles/10/07/12/says.reception.problems.verified/

--http://techday.com/macguide/news/dont-buy-iphone-4-says-watchdog/17065/

--http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1732945/consumer-watchdog-lambasts-apples-iphone-rubber-band-program

Comment

• mahrkpat
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Jun 2012

I don't know microchick if this is the program you were referring to:

__ http://www.*******.com/watch?v=SaQcUCen5v4

There is also short circuit caused by left handed user:

__http://www.*******.com/watch?v=V4vFLBDOASI

Originally posted by m404
                  I don't know ... Navigon, TomTom, Sygic, Garmin, Falk, iGo, CoPilot ... etc etc ...
                  on what base would Apple disallow ****** Maps ?
                  I am not a Apple hater and was a fan of Steve Jobs bringing style and innovation to technology, but recently it is spending more time in the courts pursuing it's rivals then innovating which led me to think that because ****** is now it's because rival it would want to keep it away from it's products.

On a happier note for Apple users:

Nokia has released an app for its HERE maps service on iOS devices, offering an alternative to the much maligned Apple Maps.Built using HTML5 technology, HERE on iOS offers a "rich mapping experience" featuring free turn-by-turn navigation and real-time data.
                  The maps, search and place data on HERE covers nearly 200 countries, and users can also access community maps in selected countries created and adapted by other users.

Voice navigation only works for journeys on foot, but there are public transport and driving directions for more than 500 cities, along with live traffic information and incident notices.

Nokia says that HERE Maps is based on the world-class NAVTEQ mapping data that is used in 90% of in-car navigation systems in the world.

HERE enables users to save map areas to their device for access when without a mobile internet connection. These offline maps support up to four different zoom levels.
                  Liked my post then push the sigpic button.

Comment

• microchick
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Apr 2012

Thats a different Issue. The video i was looking for is actually about "No Signal"

Comment

• m404
                      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by microchick
                      Thats even worse that people couldnt make SOS calls and they were without help.
                      mind explaining to me why you're showing me all those reports about the antenna-issue of the iphone4?

i could swear my post totally acknowledged that issue ... what i corrected was your statement that the ppl encountering that issue were only able to make SOS calls ... that makes absolutely no sense. if your phone has NO SIGNAL stated on it's status bar, then it has, indeed, no signal ... if it has signal, but not your operator, it will show the bars, but not your operators ID (indicating that it does have reception, i.e. for emergency calls, but it couldn't find it's original operator to allow you any other kind of network interaction).

I am not a Apple hater and was a fan of Steve Jobs bringing style and innovation to technology, but recently it is spending more time in the courts pursuing it's rivals then innovating which led me to think that because ****** is now it's because rival it would want to keep it away from it's products.
                      it's not rly spending any more time in courts than it did before feel free to read up on the patent dispute history of apple ... the only difference is the media coverage nowadays, and that's not because of it being any more relevant, but just because it is generating much more response in the public, and thus is a topic no media wants to avoid ;-)

i am still waiting for ******s "oh, we would have loved to keep the ****** maps app in iOS, but apple didn't want to anymore" ... but i could swear, that ******s statement about this issue was very "small", basically just pointing out that they're releasing their own app as soon as possible ...

makes you think if maybe this was all ******s choice in its first place ? ;-)

Comment

• mahrkpat
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Jun 2012

Will.i.am to launch iPhone accessories line the first will be a camera that docks onto the iphone.

We have our own sensor and a better flash. You dock your phone into our device and it turns your smartphone into a genius-phone. We take over the camera.
                        The i.am+ range will be formally unveiled at a London press conference next Wednesday (November 28).

Source:__http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/news/a440251/william-to-launch-iphone-accessories-line.html

The entry-level foto.sosho C.4 (£199, on sale 6th December) includes a grip, flash module, three interchangeable lenses offering wide macro, fish-eye and clear glass effects. It has a white and gold finish which some may say does little to enhance the iPhone’s understated aesthetics.

Moving up a step, the foto.sosho V.4 (£299, also on sale 6th December) rocks a more vintage look, and bolsters the C.4’s feature line-up with a slide-out QWERTY keyboard. This connects to the phone via Bluetooth.

I must say it does have a wow factor but pretty pricey.

Comment

• mahrkpat
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Jun 2012

If you've ever seen a purple haze or spot on your iPhone images/videos, Apple has offered an explanation -- you're holding it wrong.

IPhone 5 users have complained that a purple haze or a purple spot has shown up on videos and still images from out-of-scene bright light sources. According to Apple, the cause is the position of the light source and can be fixed by simply holding the phone at a different angle.

Apple's explanation and solution for the Jimi Hendrix effect is as follows:

Most small cameras, including those in every generation of iPhone, may exhibit some form of flare at the edge of the frame when capturing an image with out-of-scene light sources. This can happen when a light source is positioned at an angle (usually just outside the field of view) so that it causes a reflection off the surfaces inside the camera module and onto the camera sensor. Moving the camera slightly to change the position at which the bright light is entering the lens, or shielding the lens with your hand, should minimize or eliminate the effect.

Comment

• sweepym
                            • Nov 2012

If you've ever seen a purple haze or spot on your iPhone images/videos, Apple has offered an explanation -- you're holding it wrong.

IPhone 5 users have complained that a purple haze or a purple spot has shown up on videos and still images from out-of-scene bright light sources. According to Apple, the cause is the position of the light source and can be fixed by simply holding the phone at a different angle.

Apple's explanation and solution for the Jimi Hendrix effect is as follows:
                            apple have never been good at admitting they have bugs in their software, its always the end users fault

Comment

• bokkie
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Feb 2012

A friend of mine has an iPhone 5 and I have a Samsung galaxy s3. We swapped phones for 15 minutes to have a play, basically see what all the fuss is about.
                              People are always saying that apple's big selling point is the user friendliness of ios.
                              Whilst I agree that the earlier incarnations of android were a bit difficult to navigate, jellybean is just as user friendly as ios 6. We both agreed there wasn't much in it in terms of ease of use and performance.

Comment

• thecrazybandit
                                Experienced Board Member
                                • Jul 2012

Its all about build quality the Iphone 5 feels that bit better than any other phone and you know that if it goes wrong you can take it straight back to your local apple shop and they will either repair or replace with no problems

Comment

Working...