Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Iphone 5 and Iphone 'Evolution'

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bonilla
    Board Senior Member
    • Aug 2012

Iphone 5 and Iphone 'Evolution'

Since yesterday ,a lot of articles explained details from the new Iphone mobile.
    As expected, the new iPhone is 18 percent thinner than the iPhone 4S. Apple says it's the thinnest handset around, but that's a race that changes often. That means it's also 20 percent lighter for a total of 3.95 ounces. The Retina Display expands from 3.5 inches (its size since the original iPhone) to 4 inches. The total resolution remains the same, though, at 326 pixels per inch.

To the user, that means a fifth row of icons on the home screen. That's pretty nice since it will let you cut down on the number of home screens.

Every time we ear about the revolution or the evolution of the iphone (since the Iphone 3).But this time,seriously ?
    There is still the 4G connectivity but it's not for me a big evolution.
    Am I wrong?
    If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you
  • duhoki
    Experienced Board Member
    • Aug 2011

Re: Iphone 5 and Iphone 'Evolution'

To be honestly i am really disappointing with this release from apple. I was expecting much bigger news on this new iphone device from apple, but all we get is just some mirror improvements and nothing "new". Wonder how this release would bee with steve jobs....

Comment

• bokkie
      Experienced Board Member
      • Feb 2012

I personally stay well away from anything with an I in front.
      Call me bloody minded, but I just don't like apples whole attitude of, it's our way or the highway.
      I know they're the market leader, but their customers ask for changes, but apple never listens.
      Things like expandibility in the form of an sd card slot in the iphone or ipad. Or an hdmi output on the ipad. Their answer is always some sort of an adapter that you have to buy from apple and only works on a specific device.
      I know a lot of people won't agree with me, but that's just how I feel.

Comment

• microchick
        Experienced Board Member
        • Apr 2012

Companies have started to sell cheap iphone 3gs as apple declared iphone 4 to be the entry level phone. iphone 3gs won't get anymore support from apple. Now this is called controlling when a phone company sets the limits for someones life.
        If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• thecrazybandit
          Experienced Board Member
          • Jul 2012

I know you now need a adapter to use a i phone 5 in any docking station

Comment

• bokkie
            Experienced Board Member
            • Feb 2012

Anyone seen the HTC one x and samsung galaxy S3 in action?
            No need for an Iphone and it's limitations when you can get a brilliant android phone, such as the 2 mentioned above, with more flexibility.
            Admittedly you don't get the same number of apps on android. but how many apps do you really need?

Comment

• duhoki
              Experienced Board Member
              • Aug 2011

The galaxy s3 is a brilliant phone for everybody. With the powerfull specs and the device is good for anything that iphone can do and not do. At my job, we give this phone to users and they are very satisfied with the phone. The reasone iphone has "taken" over the world is because of steve jobs understandments of that wee dont need mobile phone with many unusable future, but a phone that just do what the user wants it to do when they want something done.

iphone= expect what you are expecting

most other phone= dont expect what you are expecting.

Comment

• bonilla
                Board Senior Member
                • Aug 2012

The itunes and appstore arent the best app market?
                I always thought that android hadnt got as many apps that appstore..

Comment

• microchick
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Apr 2012

Originally posted by bokkie
                  Anyone seen the HTC one x and samsung galaxy S3 in action?
                  No need for an Iphone and it's limitations when you can get a brilliant android phone, such as the 2 mentioned above, with more flexibility.
                  Admittedly you don't get the same number of apps on android. but how many apps do you really need?
                  Yes bokkie, my colleague has got a brand new S3. She had problems with the it. The internet was really slow and problem with the microphone. She took it back and Vodaphone accepted that they have a lot of complaints about it. It might be due to the new Jelly Bean. I have S2 and it can download faster than my pc. Its brilliant. I wouldnt pay about £700 for a sim free iphone.

Comment

• bokkie
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by microchick
                    Yes bokkie, my colleague has got a brand new S3. She had problems with the it. The internet was really slow and problem with the microphone. She took it back and Vodaphone accepted that they have a lot of complaints about it. It might be due to the new Jelly Bean. I have S2 and it can download faster than my pc. Its brilliant. I wouldnt pay about £700 for a sim free iphone.
                    Think they had the same problem with the first batch of the htc one x.
                    Think they have sorted it now though.
                    I also think the Iphone is rather ugly looking. Much better, and cheaper phones out there.

Comment

• microchick
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Apr 2012

I have an ipod touch which i bought very expensive a few years ago. I don't use it anymore and as you say, an ugly looking thing in front of my S2. One thing with iphones i don't understand that they will never improve their camera.

Comment

• faz17
                        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by duhoki
                        The galaxy s3 is a brilliant phone for everybody. With the powerfull specs and the device is good for anything that iphone can do and not do. At my job, we give this phone to users and they are very satisfied with the phone. The reasone iphone has "taken" over the world is because of steve jobs understandments of that wee dont need mobile phone with many unusable future, but a phone that just do what the user wants it to do when they want something done.

iphone= expect what you are expecting

most other phone= dont expect what you are expecting.
                        I think so...but apple have better material product better assistance an incredible mode to present every single product and one model for category(1 iphone,1ipod ecc.) samsung have 3000000 model of galaxy from 90€ to 700€...it's a jungle!!

Comment

• microchick
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Apr 2012

samsung could be like a jungle but they have got so many products. there is something for every one. from compact cameras to televisions and from phones to laptops and satelite receivers. You name it they have it. Really a versatile company

Comment

• odysseas1991
                            Experienced Board Member
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by bokkie
                            I personally stay well away from anything with an I in front.
                            Call me bloody minded, but I just don't like apples whole attitude of, it's our way or the highway.
                            I know they're the market leader, but their customers ask for changes, but apple never listens.
                            Things like expandibility in the form of an sd card slot in the iphone or ipad. Or an hdmi output on the ipad. Their answer is always some sort of an adapter that you have to buy from apple and only works on a specific device.
                            I know a lot of people won't agree with me, but that's just how I feel.
                            Absolutely spot on. I expected much more innovation from apple yesterday but they did not deliver. IOS6 will carry most of the new features for the 4S so it is just really 4G connectivity that changes. Apple have got such a huge fanbase that blindly buys their products for fashionable reasons, that they can continue to do what they want as they know people will still keep buying.

Comment

• microchick
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Apr 2012

Its all about controlling people with good advertising. I remember when the first iphone was launched it was advertised so nicely that eavery single person wanted to have an iphone. The other companies followed it but they have set a trend for the rest. If they advertise **** people will buy it for sure.

Comment

Working...