Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Iphone 5 and Iphone 'Evolution'

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • microchick
    Experienced Board Member
    • Apr 2012

Re: Iphone 5 and Iphone 'Evolution'

It could be an iOS 6 software problem, some iPhone 5 users are seeing a strange flicker when the keyboard appears on screen. Whether they are entering a password for the App Store or using another application that brings the keyboard scrolling up, dark static lines across the display flicker and disappear. Some have reported the bug only appears when typing certain characters.
    If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• duhoki
      Experienced Board Member
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by bokkie
      The photo and video quality is amazing, in fact it is almost as good as my digital camera.
      It is the perfect size for me, almost like it was made to measure.
      I can honestly say that the galaxy s 3 is by far the best phone I've come across.
      The thing here is that iphone have the ability to not let you down when you dont want it to do so:P The response and power of iphone from bottom to top is giving a user the top experience with it. Problem with android phones have so far been that it is just not a easy phone to handle by a normal user who just want thing to work as they expect it and not with many workaround etc.. like in android devices. Now i have been using Galaxy S 3 and i have to say i am really surprised how good samsung have made this phone model to be a powerfully yet easy phone,with a result as wee see that samsung is really selling alot of this phones.

but at the end, everybody have theire own taste

Comment

• microchick
        Experienced Board Member
        • Apr 2012

In any case, although the problem may be disconcerting it doesn't sound like the issue is affecting normal keyboard operation. Apple is sure to address the problem in an upcoming iOS update.
        If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• duhoki
          Experienced Board Member
          • Aug 2011

microchick i dont get it. who are you refering to when you are talking about "It could be an iOS 6 software problem".......? am i missing something

Comment

• microchick
            Experienced Board Member
            • Apr 2012

Sorry, You are right. It sounds a bit confusing but I was referring to my post#123. Yes it might get fixed in the next update of iOS.

Comment

• bokkie
              Experienced Board Member
              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by duhoki
              The thing here is that iphone have the ability to not let you down when you dont want it to do so:P The response and power of iphone from bottom to top is giving a user the top experience with it. Problem with android phones have so far been that it is just not a easy phone to handle by a normal user who just want thing to work as they expect it and not with many workaround etc.. like in android devices. Now i have been using Galaxy S 3 and i have to say i am really surprised how good samsung have made this phone model to be a powerfully yet easy phone,with a result as wee see that samsung is really selling alot of this phones.

but at the end, everybody have theire own taste
              That is the beauty of Android, you can do more with it!
              Don't have the limitations and the "closed shop" of Apple and IOS.
              I think Android is now taking over as the number 1 choice.

Comment

• thecrazybandit
                Experienced Board Member
                • Jul 2012

The I phone will always have a large following we have a I phone and and a Samsung galaxy 3 in are house the build quality of a I phone is very good but i still would rather have have a android phone i think it will take a lot to beat a galaxy 3

Comment

• duhoki
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Aug 2011

when it comes to what phones beat waht phone, it is all up to a users expectasiona nd usage. I will prefere android becouse we can root and play with it 100% more then what we can with iphone because of hardware and software limitation. Example the posibility for media streaming etc.... If i then was a normal user that just want a phone that work, i would choose to go for an Iphone.

Comment

• microchick
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Apr 2012

Iphone 5's bottom-hugging stereo speakers have been given a boost, the better to annoy old people on the bus as you rattle out Skream’s latest. Do a iPhone 4S to iPhone 5 sound comparison and you’ll realise the sound is unquestionably fuller and deeper.

Comment

• bonilla
                      Board Senior Member
                      • Aug 2012

Good news for those who were complaining about the map application.
                      ****** is going to fix that soon :

****** is testing a pre-release version of its mapping service for Apple's iOS devices, according to a new report.
                      The Wall Street Journal says ****** is "putting the finishing touches" on the software ahead of submitting it to Apple.
                      Have faith

Comment

• duhoki
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Aug 2011

Bonilla, map application on ios6 is apple own made and not ****** maps. Maybe you are refering to the map application ****** have on app store.

Comment

• runmo
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Jun 2010

Keept to topic of "iphone 5 and iphone evolution", this isn't a thread to talk about samsung smartphones or other smartphones or android,
                          discuss that in different topics if you like, thank you.
                          regards
                          runmo

Comment

• mahrkpat
                            Experienced Board Member
                            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by duhoki
                            Bonilla, map application on ios6 is apple own made and not ****** maps. Maybe you are refering to the map application ****** have on app store.
                            you are right ****** needs approval still

****** is said to be putting the "finishing touches" to the app before submitting it for approval to the Apple iTunes Store, the source said.
                            Apple may not approve because it would be competition.

There is also the question over whether Apple would approve the ****** Maps app, as it would compete with its own Maps service that is pre-installed on iPads, iPhones and iPod Touch devices.
                            You never know Apple might do ****** a favour because it's own app has problems.
                            Liked my post then push the sigpic button.

Comment

• gcms
                              Board Senior Member
                              • Aug 2012

one of my friend told me that in the iphone 5 seeing a strange flicker when the keyboard appears on screen. Whether he is entering a password for the App Store or using another application that brings the keyboard scrolling up, dark static lines across the display flicker and disappear. he also reported the bug only appears when typing certain characters.

Comment

• microchick
                                Experienced Board Member
                                • Apr 2012

iphone 5 doesnt have a HD screen, it hasnt got a quad core processor, its OS is ageing and its maps will send you 10,000 miles in the wrong direction.

Comment

Working...