Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

multifeed 9+13+19+28.2

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bokkie
    Experienced Board Member
    • Feb 2012

Re: multifeed 9+13+19+28.2

Originally posted by microchick
    Well guys my installation was successful. I got 13.0e on a sky 43cm dish. The signal quality is not great but still works. There is a little problem as it scanned about 730 channels on HB. How many channels can you scan usually? am I missing a lot?
    Good job. What snr are you getting?
    Sorry, no idea how many channels you should get on a scan as I always use a mixture of catseyes and vhannibal bouquets.
    Have a look on lyngsat to get an idea.

Comment

• microchick
      Experienced Board Member
      • Apr 2012

Maximum SNR is 67. It will be difficult to count all the individual channels on lyngsat. I thought if i miss a lot then will have to go out on the roof and fine tune it. But so far I am happy with it.
      If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• bokkie
        Experienced Board Member
        • Feb 2012

Go to kingofsat. It gives you an up to date list of the number of channels on each satellite.
        1519 tv channels in total on 13e.

Comment

• microchick
          Experienced Board Member
          • Apr 2012

Wow. I am missing more than half. Need to go back on the roof for a fine tune with all my gear and a brolly or a waterproofs. Will confirm later if i have any luck. Shall i expect too much from a zone 1 dish or 13e?
          If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• microchick
            Experienced Board Member
            • Apr 2012

Just found a channel list for 13.0e. If I upload the TP-PROG.DBS would it work instead of tweaking with the satellite dish?

Comment

• toby69
              Experienced Board Member
              • Oct 2011

Just found a channel list for 13.0e. If I upload the TP-PROG.DBS would it work instead of tweaking with the satellite dish?
              think its time for a bigger dish an motor, much more sats an chns available, an if you got garden mount dish at ground level, less dangerous than messing with ladders.
              see here

Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• Zmija
                • May 2012

As Toby said. A bigger dish will give you more advantage in available chans. The motor is for more sats. While setting up first try to find the strongest transponder on a satellite and when you found it, then try for a weak one, so your range of transponder (read channels) will be much bigger. In this case you will receive almost every channel there is..

Comment

• pan1300
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Apr 2012

Think it's worth the try (save your current list + perhaps all your settings to be sure, upload the channel list and see what happens/opens, if you can see the channel list (text) you can also compare). If no good, then you can still try to adjust your dish or look for a bigger one.

Comment

• microchick
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by toby69
                    think its time for a bigger dish an motor, much more sats an chns available, an if you got garden mount dish at ground level, less dangerous than messing with ladders.
                    see here

http://www.satlover.com/forum/satell...8-warning.html
                    Please dont scare me off Toby, i am just a learner with L plates on, LOL. Yes i have been thinking about the idea if you remember I mentioned about it in one of my earlier posts. The trouble will be the installation though.

Comment

• bokkie
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Feb 2012

Please dont scare me off Toby, i am just a learner with L plates on, LOL. Yes i have been thinking about the idea if you remember I mentioned about it in one of my earlier posts. The trouble will be the installation though.
                      I got my install done for £250 all in.
                      factor in what I would have had to spend on dish, motor, lnb, cables and brackets I reckon I was charged about £80 for his expertise.
                      took my kids out for the morning, came home for lunch and it was all done. But that is up to you.
                      I simply don't have the time between work and kids.

Comment

• microchick
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Apr 2012

The kit will cost me about £80 and then at least £100 for the installer? Is that a good price?

Comment

• pan1300
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Apr 2012

seems fair to me ; important is if that know the installer (or some references) - to me this is more important than gaining some pounds. Know here some 'installers' who are a little bit cheaper, but installation isn't as it should be. Relative of mine needed a second one to get the whole system working properly afterwards (was a motor problem with an old echostar I think).

Comment

• bokkie
                            Experienced Board Member
                            • Feb 2012

I reckon, for peace of mind.
                            just make sure the Installer is good though. ask around for recommendations.

Comment

• microchick
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Apr 2012

Yes i will difinitely do that. Found about the installer in the local business magazine. He reckons that it will take 130 minutes for the installation. He can also provides his own kit but thats a bit expensive.

Comment

• toby69
                                Experienced Board Member
                                • Oct 2011

Yes i will difinitely do that. Found about the installer in the local business magazine. He reckons that it will take 130 minutes for the installation. He can also provides his own kit but thats a bit expensive.
                                why not have a go your self, if it possible to mount atground level an you got portable tv, get some experence, if you get problems with strong winds no need to keep getting installers out to tweak dishes slightly for you, if you do yourself you learn. 130 minutes, thats a bit of a rush job to me.
                                Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

Working...