Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

multifeed 9+13+19+28.2

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bokkie
    Experienced Board Member
    • Feb 2012

Re: multifeed 9+13+19+28.2

I have a fixed sky dish and a motorised dish connected to my vu+ duo.
    most of my viewing is on 0.8w, 9e, 13e,19e and 28.2e.
    As I have the fixed dish in tuner b and the motorised dish in tuner a I always have instant channel change on 28.2. But these days motors are pretty fast.
    I'd say it's say it's less than 10 seconds from 0.8w to 19e. If I change from 9e to 13e it's probably about 3 seconds. I also find that as I do the majority of my viewing on 13e and 28.2e I have my motor parked on 13 e most of the time so have instant channel change between 13e and 28.2 e but still have the option of finding something on other sats between 30w and 45e if I wish. If you already have a sky dish this would be a good way to go.

Comment

• microchick
      Experienced Board Member
      • Apr 2012

That sounds like a good setup bokkie. I have a spare sky dish kicking around, can I get any other satellite with it other than 28.2 or is this size too small for other sats?
      If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• bokkie
        Experienced Board Member
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by microchick
        That sounds like a good setup bokkie. I have a spare sky dish kicking around, can I get any other satellite with it other than 28.2 or is this size too small for other sats?
        Dependant on where you live. In the south east you definitely pickup 13e and 19.2 e, on a sky dish. possibly a few more.
        In fact, I've even read of some people who have motorised a sky dish.
        Not really recommended, but it does pickup a few sats.
        ****** dish size guide for a better idea.
        I'd say an 80 cm or even better, a td88 is good for a motorised setup.

Comment

• toby69
          Experienced Board Member
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by pan1100
          hi

No, all my sats are received very well (Astra 1, 2, 3 and hotbird) - I'm in Belgium.
          Signal is not perfect, but I think this has more to do with the box/tuner. Quality is very good.
          I have one of those Visiosat HD bisat dishes (think about 90x70 cm).
          Only thing I'm a bit sorry for is that I didn't take double lnb's (for 2 sats).
          them double lnbs called (monoblock) you can get them 6degrees apart an 3degrees apart, you will find that they are internal switching so wont switch using conventional diseque switch by 4 port, that what i found out when tried long time ago.
          Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• microchick
            Experienced Board Member
            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by bokkie
            Dependant on where you live. In the south east you definitely pickup 13e and 19.2 e, on a sky dish. possibly a few more.
            In fact, I've even read of some people who have motorised a sky dish.
            Not really recommended, but it does pickup a few sats.
            ****** dish size guide for a better idea.
            I'd say an 80 cm or even better, a td88 is good for a motorised setup.
            Thanks bokkie, Thats a good news. I will try to get one satellite on that dish. 19.2 or 13E. I think that would be straight forward because I am not a tech geek. I think motorising a sky dish is waste of time and money both.
            If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• bokkie
              Experienced Board Member
              • Feb 2012

Either of those should be an easy catch. Probably 9e and 23.5e as well.
              even heard of some people that have used a 3 degree monoblock, which acts as a. 3 degree monoblock on a sky zone 1, to receive. 13e and 19.2e on a sky dish.
              Would require a bit of butchery and diy though.

Comment

• microchick
                Experienced Board Member
                • Apr 2012

How would a 3 degree monoblock work to receive 13e and 19.2e? I thought it would need a 6 degree monoblock?

Comment

• bokkie
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Feb 2012

Remember the lnb catches the signal bouncing off the dish. A monoblock is intended for a dish twice the size of a sky dish. So the sky dish has a steeper curve over the same area as a 80cm dish. Does that make sense?
                  It's like 2 bowls, the same height off the table, but one is 40 cm and one is 80 cm wide. The gradient will be much steeper on the small one giving it a steeper angle.

Comment

• microchick
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Apr 2012

Thanks. I would have never thought of the example you have just given. Are there any 3 degrees monoblocks available. How many sats are possible on a sky dish using monoblocks or multifeed?

Comment

• bokkie
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Feb 2012

It really would be hit and miss with a sky dish. If you seriously want a multifeed the triax range of dishes are best. They have multi lnb holders designed for the purpose.
                      You might get all the gear to rig your sky dish, struggle for a few days and then just give up because you can't get it right.
                      I don't even think many installers would touch a sky dish multi lnb setup.
                      I think sky lnb's are a different size as well.

Comment

• microchick
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Apr 2012

Keeping all the info in mind, today I am going to spend my evening on the roof. My installation would be really basic and I will carry a small TV and the receiver up on the roof. See which one would be the easiest to catch? 19.2e or 13e. Lets hope it doesn't rain, LOL

Comment

• bokkie
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Feb 2012

Shouldn't have trouble with either really, As long as you have good line of sight.
                          Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Comment

• microchick
                            Experienced Board Member
                            • Apr 2012

The sight is clear for both satellites, Its a south facing wall. Are there any strongest transponders on both sats which are easy to catch? (Sorry if this is out of the topic).

Comment

• bokkie
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Feb 2012

HotBird 13 east 11137H 27500 Bloomberg Europe.
                              Astra-1KR 19.2 east 10744H 22000 Arte

Comment

• microchick
                                Experienced Board Member
                                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by bokkie
                                Shouldn't have trouble with either really, As long as you have good line of sight.
                                Good luck and let us know how you get on.
                                Well guys my installation was successful. I got 13.0e on a sky 43cm dish. The signal quality is not great but still works. There is a little problem as it scanned about 730 channels on HB. How many channels can you scan usually? am I missing a lot?

Comment

Working...