Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Problem in 10892 H

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jerry2020
    Banned
    • Feb 2010

Re: Problem in 10892 H

Originally posted by satman72
    Yes one can be to mount the dish updown side, but so you can't use it on motor. I mean you can mount the dish updown side on pole, so the dish will be pointed much high in elevation so to avoid terrestrial interferences. Look this pic to know better what I mean.

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

If you'll mount the dish so the elevation will be high and you'll need to calculate it by yourself but like you see expecially into second pic, the dish will be avoid all terrestrial interferences because it will point straight to sky.
    Thanks but I can't cancel the motor

Comment

• zoran89
      Experienced Board Member
      • Mar 2010

Well it isnt much you will miss if you dont have this transponder.

Comment

• Jerry2020
        Banned
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by skytec
        I don´t know.
        Or try to move the dish to another location ??
        Thanks but I can't move it

Originally posted by zoran89
        Well it isnt much you will miss if you dont have this transponder.
        Yes, but the problem is almost in all satellites. Not just this tp on nilesat.

Has anyone else experienced such problem.

Comment

• zoran89
          Experienced Board Member
          • Mar 2010

If you have wireless phone try to unplug him from electricity and test then this freqency.

Comment

• skytec
            Experienced Board Member
            • Mar 2010

I think it´s a good idea. Maybe try turn off all electric device and switch on satelitte reciver only...
            Is my post useful for you? Please press sigpic

Comment

• Resident
              • Jul 2010

I know it's a 180cm dish but your flag says you're in Argentina. Nilesat as far as I know has very limited footprint. I think it's perfectly normal that you cannot receive some of the TPs.

Does the signal strength change during day or night? Is it stronger or weaker at certain hours?

Comment

• Jerry2020
                Banned
                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by zoran89
                If you have wireless phone try to unplug him from electricity and test then this freqency.
                I don't have, but if a neighbor has one could it interfere?

Originally posted by skytec
                I think it´s a good idea. Maybe try turn off all electric device and switch on satelitte reciver only...
                I went over the roof of the building and tried to connect directly dish to box and had the same result.
                Could there be interference from the top floor of the building or something?

Comment

• Resident
                  • Jul 2010

Well, it could be basically anything. Wireless phones (not cellphones) could only interfere if they use the same frequency which I highly doubt. If it's one of those block houses with cellphone boosters on top that could be a problem. Although I would rule out that one as well cause you only have problem with this particular transponder and it's highly unlikely that something interferes only with one single transponder.

Comment

• yselim
                    • Oct 2010

are you using one cable. by saying one cable i mean cable without cable additions. the more you have connection points the more your signal will be effected by interference. did you bypass the motor when you went over the roof. try to attcach one cable(without additions) to directly lnb. dont use any switches or motor.what is the result? and i also want to ask your cable quality. use rg6 u6 grade cable. what is your cable quality?

Comment

• Jerry2020
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by yselim
                      are you using one cable. by saying one cable i mean cable without cable additions. the more you have connection points the more your signal will be effected by interference. did you bypass the motor when you went over the roof. try to attcach one cable(without additions) to directly lnb. dont use any switches or motor.what is the result? and i also want to ask your cable quality. use rg6 u6 grade cable. what is your cable quality?
                      Yes, it's one cable, one piece no connections.
                      And I connected the lnb with one small cable to the box and there was no signal.
                      This is on nilesat. For the rest of satellites, the signal is weaker than other transponders too.

Comment

• yselim
                        • Oct 2010

- you said that people who live near you had no such problem. maybe your tv is the interference source. have you ever consider that.

-you said that you tried other boxes. were they all same brand-model.(which has same model tuner)

-have you tried moving the receiver in your home. does that make any change.

finally if nothing helps make a box, cover it with aluminum foil. put your receiver into that box to protect it from interference. nothing comes my mind other than these.

Comment

• uttnls

Originally posted by Jerry2020
                          Hello all
                          I have a problem with the transponder 10892 H 27500 on Nilesat and on most other satellites.
                          On nilesat, I can receive all channels except this one. On other satellites, this transponder or close ones are very weak. Though I don't have problems with other transponders, and the dish is 180cm.
                          I can't figure out the reason.
                          Any help would be appreciated.
                          I gues you have a DECT phone near or a wireless router or somthing based on Wireless or bluetooth.

If you have a DECT phone just unplug the base station and scan the tranponder and you'll see a huge difference :P

Originally posted by Jerry2020
                          I still have this problem.
                          Any ideas?
                          One bet on the DECT PHONE who's with me ?

Comment

• odysseas1991
                            Experienced Board Member
                            • Jan 2011

Your LNB is what is likely to be at fault since you cannot recieve a strong signal for any satellite. Try a newer LNB, if it is dish related then maybe you have set up the dish with the wrong angles. It is highly sensitive the difference between a strong and weak signal so make sure you have it aligned perfectly on a perfectly straight upright and find your angles with an online calculator.

Comment

• peremacedonia
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Jun 2010

If transponder is with low signal and your antena is not set corectly u will resive others signals bud in this transponder signal will be to low for recive picture.
                              I have no signal on one tansponder and when i check dish i get picture,The wind may defocus lnb and here is problem
                              Rule n.33 kid..... Concentrate

Comment

• Jerry2020
                                Banned
                                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by yselim
                                - you said that people who live near you had no such problem. maybe your tv is the interference source. have you ever consider that.

-you said that you tried other boxes. were they all same brand-model.(which has same model tuner)

-have you tried moving the receiver in your home. does that make any change.

finally if nothing helps make a box, cover it with aluminum foil. put your receiver into that box to protect it from interference. nothing comes my mind other than these.
                                -My TV is far from the dish. I tried another small one when I tried to connect directly to the dish.

-I tried different brands.

-I'll try that aluminum trick.

Thanks

Originally posted by uttnls
                                I gues you have a DECT phone near or a wireless router or somthing based on Wireless or bluetooth.

If you have a DECT phone just unplug the base station and scan the tranponder and you'll see a huge difference :P

One bet on the DECT PHONE who's with me ?
                                I have wireless router. I unplugged it, but with the same result. But I think other people in the building have wireless routers. Could this affect the dish?

Originally posted by odysseas1991
                                Your LNB is what is likely to be at fault since you cannot recieve a strong signal for any satellite. Try a newer LNB, if it is dish related then maybe you have set up the dish with the wrong angles. It is highly sensitive the difference between a strong and weak signal so make sure you have it aligned perfectly on a perfectly straight upright and find your angles with an online calculator.
                                Actually this is the new lnb.
                                It is fuji.
                                It has the same problem as the old one.

Comment

Working...