Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Best cheap HD receiver??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kiss_ro
    • Mar 2011

Re: Best cheap HD receiver??

Originally posted by ricouskim
    Thanks but i don't see any dreambox on their products?

They have 7 years in selling DM products.

Information at able2@hkable.com - Ms. Cindy

Originally posted by noxonstaff
    DM 800 the old one .
    Very cheap
    yeah, yeah... no HD ... so I prefer a clone...

Comment

• kiss_ro
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by digicon
      The TM 5402Hd can do both cccam and newcamd and is a very stable box, if the op can hold out for a couple of weeks there is a new baby spiderbox coming out called the Eaglebox 800Hd priced around £90 and will be better specced than the S9 or 10 and will not be a clone.

Spiderbox. IDbox, Eaglebox ... all 800HD <- SO- >all clones of the DM800HD

Comment

• Montebox
        • Oct 2011

Im a little confused over these HD boxes. If they all do HD then surely there should be no difference in picture, right?

Whats the difference in picture between an original DM800hd and a DM800hd clone?

Comment

• darkbus
          • Oct 2011

I went for the Openbox S10 and it is a great box. EPG could be a bit better, but it does what I need it to do and a very cheap price.

Comment

• ricouskim
            • Aug 2011

Thank you Darkbus,i want to make the good decision because money doesn't grow on the trees A friend of me talked about the gigablue 800, do you know it?

Comment

• darkbus
              • Oct 2011

Thank you Darkbus,i want to make the good decision because money doesn't grow on the trees A friend of me talked about the gigablue 800, do you know it?
              I did a bit of searching and from what i've seen it looks ok. Found this link http://www.satpimps.com/showthread.p...ue-HD-800-solo it has some pictures as well.

I haven't owned a dreambox, but for some reason it seems like a clone of that (or a spin off of it)

Comment

• ricouskim
                • Aug 2011

It's a bit more expensive than a DM800HD clone in China but my friend say it's better... 1st time i was hoping to spend around 60€ because of the openbox S10 but now with all the advices it seems i'm gonna spend 2 or 3 times my 60€...

Comment

• darkbus
                  • Oct 2011

I first looked at ones like the dreambox 800hd combo, but it was 3x the price of the openbox S10. The dreambox 500 didn't have hd which put me off.

The openbox was really easy to set up as well. The box is really small, you can connect a usb hard drive to record from. And honestly the picture on the HD channels looks great.

The dreambox does seem a lot more popular and it seems only recently that the openbox has really kicked off.

Comment

• ricouskim
                    • Aug 2011

Thanks Darkbus you make me think again about openbox! Do you use it with cccam? Is the openbok fast? No freezes using cccam?

Originally posted by Montebox
                    Im a little confused over these HD boxes. If they all do HD then surely there should be no difference in picture, right?

Whats the difference in picture between an original DM800hd and a DM800hd clone?
                    I think there are no difference between DM800HD and clone for the image quality.

Comment

• Montebox
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by darkbus
                      I went for the Openbox S10 and it is a great box. EPG could be a bit better, but it does what I need it to do and a very cheap price.
                      Thanks, Darkbus. I have a openbox s11 coming (hopefully Monday) and I'm looking forward to seeing the picture quality in HD. I currently have a cable KV a780 box connected by homeplugs, it works OK but some channels glitch/lost on the server side. Its free viewing though so cant complain too much just not HDl

Darkbus, what cs server do you use? is it any good? if you have the sly uk hd package then could you send me a PM about which server to use. I don't want to spend too much - £10 a month

I'm very new to the sat scene and I've been reading all the time, so any help to a good server will help. I've read in other forums where people got ripped off paying a sub to a server with very poor service.

Please help

Comment

• ricouskim
                        • Aug 2011

I just ordered an openbox, according to the price and advices and reviews it worth the try! If it's not ok i will sell it and buy a DM800 or something else. Thank you all for the help, i will go back to you here when i receive the openbox to give you my opinion

Comment

• darkbus
                          • Oct 2011

Thanks Darkbus you make me think again about openbox! Do you use it with cccam? Is the openbok fast? No freezes using cccam?

I think there are no difference between DM800HD and clone for the image quality.
                          The picture quality of all HD boxes will be the same. I can't see how people can say there will be a difference.

The openbox comes with cccam out of the box, very simple to use and even has FTP connection to update remotely.

Comment

• Montebox
                            • Oct 2011

forgot to mention; I'm from the UK, does that have any bearing on which cs server I choose for a monthly sub. Are some so fast and reliable that it doesn't matter where its located??

Any help would be appreciated. My box is openbox s11

Comment

• digicon
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by kiss_ro
                              Spiderbox. IDbox, Eaglebox ... all 800HD <- SO- >all clones of the DM800HD

NO! spiderbox & eagle box are not clones of DM800HD as the DM800 is an E2 linux box the other 2 from spider are closed source box so are not clones.

Comment

• kiss_ro
                                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by digicon
                                NO! spiderbox & eagle box are not clones of DM800HD as the DM800 is an E2 linux box the other 2 from spider are closed source box so are not clones.

Ok, sorry - my mistake, but nowaday almost all 800HD denominated boxes are dreambox clones..

Comment

Working...