Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Recommend me a DVB Card

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • findeciclo
    Experienced Board Member
    • Oct 2010

Re: Recommend me a DVB Card

Originally posted by Gadjan
    It's way faster to use Config Hadu.ini
    Code:
    http://www.sl-forums.com/forum/dvb-cardsharing/30156-latest-version-config-hadu-ini-by-fta_boy.html
    It can edit config file directly (convert and input). You just paste and click "add" and "save".

It's a little out of the topic but I have one question:
    How it goes when you have some box? Is there any out there where you can edit clines just as quickly and simple?
    I have big troubles with my skystar hd2 and I would like to get rid of it, but unfortunately in my country you can't buy any other dvb card, and don't know anything about STBs...
    I can`t help you, because I always have used a PC DVB PCI Card. First SkyStar 2, then Sky Star HD2 broken, and now Sky Star SD2 HD. Always use HADU.
    Best regards.

Comment

• besit
      Board Senior Member
      • Aug 2011

I still have not tried other plugins, only acamd+altdvb combination but altdvb crashed and it's my favorite player...
      If you tried acamd with altdvb you'll have no problems using acamd with dvbviewer or dvbdream or progdvb or whatsoever else. According to my experience hadu is a most suitable dvb cs plugin for windows if you work with cccam protocol. Acamd is universal. It can work also with newcamd protocol and some other protocols. But it's little bit slower than hadu. But you can try - maybe acamd will be better for your issues.
      Also I think there is little chance some other plugin has easier and quicker cline input procedure then hadu (just copy paste) and it's very important for me.
      Both hadu and acamd have proprietary format of config file. None of theese formats are better or worse. They are just different. But even if you use free satlover cline and you have to change config every day - so what's the problem? You only have to change port and username, only 2 words!
      There is another windows cs plugin for work with cccam protocol - flycccam. To configure it you just have to place c-line into flycccam.cfg. But it's most unstable plugin of all I tried.
      You may grab it here
      Code:
      _http://besit.ru/satlover/pcplug/flycccam.zip
      It's a little out of the topic but I have one question:
      How it goes when you have some box? Is there any out there where you can edit clines just as quickly and simple?
      I have big troubles with my skystar hd2 and I would like to get rid of it, but unfortunately in my country you can't buy any other dvb card, and don't know anything about STBs...
      If you mean linux set top box, the best way to use cccam protocol is to install cccam emu. It works close to perfect and you just need to place c-line to cccam.cfg. But to edit this config file you need to access it via ssh or telnet or ftp/sftp or whatever you can. It's possible also to use other emulators with cccam protocol - most popular are oscam (very powerful) and mgcamd (very easy to make it work), but they use proprietary config formats.

Comment

• Gadjan
        • Oct 2012

I will try acamd. Flycccam only works with one cline so it doesn't suits me.

Originally posted by besit
        If you mean linux set top box, the best way to use cccam protocol is to install cccam emu. It works close to perfect and you just need to place c-line to cccam.cfg. But to edit this config file you need to access it via ssh or telnet or ftp/sftp or whatever you can. It's possible also to use other emulators with cccam protocol - most popular are oscam (very powerful) and mgcamd (very easy to make it work), but they use proprietary config formats.
        Thanks, I'll ****** that (ssh, telnet, ftp/sftp) and search the forum for more info.
        I'll try to explain my situation short as possible:
        I don't watch tv very much, just sport few times a week. I use several free servers and it works pretty good, but I need to update 3-4 clines daily. So most important for me is the speed (how much time i need to enter several clines). With hadu that is 1-2 minutes. My friend has some amiko box and he types it manually via remote, I don't want that.

My skystar hd2 loses s2 signal very frequently and I can't fix that. I even don't know if it's the card or compatibility issue. I know there are plenty of other S2 cards and brands out there, but nobody imports any of such stuff here. Even skystar is very hard to find, but I wouldn't buy another one anyway.
        I don't know jack about set top boxes. I don't need fancy options, just basic stuff. I could buy some cheap Amiko, Alma... (enigma is too expensive for me) but I really need to be able to edit clines quickly (copy/paste via PC and LAN connection). Is there any cheap box that can do that? Sorry for my english.

Comment

• besit
          Board Senior Member
          • Aug 2011

Thanks, I'll ****** that (ssh, telnet, ftp/sftp) and search the forum for more info.
          I'll try to explain my situation short as possible:
          I don't watch tv very much, just sport few times a week. I use several free servers and it works pretty good, but I need to update 3-4 clines daily. So most important for me is the speed (how much time i need to enter several clines). With hadu that is 1-2 minutes. My friend has some amiko box and he types it manually via remote, I don't want that.

My skystar hd2 loses s2 signal very frequently and I can't fix that. I even don't know if it's the card or compatibility issue. I know there are plenty of other S2 cards and brands out there, but nobody imports any of such stuff here. Even skystar is very hard to find, but I wouldn't buy another one anyway.
          I don't know jack about set top boxes. I don't need fancy options, just basic stuff. I could buy some cheap Amiko, Alma... (enigma is too expensive for me) but I really need to be able to edit clines quickly (copy/paste via PC and LAN connection). Is there any cheap box that can do that? Sorry for my english.
          I will tell you about STBs what I know
          I always used PC with dvbviewer for watching TV.
          But not long ago I got me Gi HD S8120 (it's a same box as Amiko 8900 Alien, just another name). It costs in Russia less then 100$ and it's cheaper then buy PC+DVB card.
          Even though this box is cheap, it's powerful enough to run it's proprietary SPARK UI or even you can install custom ENIGMA2 UI. I haven't try, but people say it's possible. I think it's the same as installing Cyanogen on android phone instead of proprietary OS - functionality+glitches.
          I use Spark, it looks ugly, but not too much ugly, works fast enough.
          To open encrypted channels with satlover's c-line I use CCCAm plugin.
          Even if you never worked with Linux it's easy enough to install plugin for the first time. This box runs ssh server (no ssh client!) telnet server and ftp server (no sftp!). So in windows you need GUI ftp client (like Filezilla) or just Far Manager - it works with ftp. You just need to place plugin files to the box like written in installation guide and set attributes.(When you'll have the box - ask, I will teach) To renew config just open file cccam.cfg and copy/paste fresh c-line instead of old one. I don't see no difference with editing hadu.cfg on win PC
          It's little off-topic post, but I think admins won't ban me for it.

Comment

• geoair.pt
            • Mar 2013

Hi
            I'm searching for an hd pc sat card with pci. It seems that the skystar are not being produced anymore.
            Any advice?
            Thank you

Comment

• findeciclo
              Experienced Board Member
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by geoair.pt
              Hi
              I'm searching for an hd pc sat card with pci. It seems that the skystar are not being produced anymore.
              Any advice?
              Thank you
              You can purchase SkyStar in a lot of dealers.
              Alternate is one of these, I bought my SkyStar S2 online there, now cheapest than ever.
              Look for it googling.
              Regards.

Comment

• geoair.pt
                • Mar 2013

Thank you for your answer.
                How different are the S2 and the HD2?The only requirements I have are it needs to be pci and and to support HD channels in 30w, and as cheap as possible.
                Thank you.

Comment

• besit
                  Board Senior Member
                  • Aug 2011

Technisat doesn't make Skystar anymore. They don't even support DVB cards at all. Latest driver 4.6 is glitchy.
                  Proftuners doesn't update since 2013. Online store doesn't work.
                  So you may choose TBS
                  Code:
                  _http://www.buydvb.net/tbs8922-pci-dvbs2-tv-tuner-card-p-39.html?cPath=1
                  or TeVII
                  Code:
                  _http://www.tevii.com/Products_S464_1.asp
                  It looks like pc tuner industry slowly dies.

Comment

• findeciclo
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by geoair.pt
                    Thank you for your answer.
                    How different are the S2 and the HD2?The only requirements I have are it needs to be pci and and to support HD channels in 30w, and as cheap as possible.
                    Thank you.
                    S2 is almost the same card than HD2, both of them are able to tune HD channels. And now are cheapest than ever. I know there is no support for this cards, but now I have installed a S2 in windows 7 and works fine. And I have a SkyStar SD in windows XP and works fine too.
                    So the price is so ridiculous lowest that if I would need a new card, I would buy a S2 and Alternate have stock nowday.
                    Besit is right if you want a new card with dealer support, but price is more expensive. S2 is 12€ expensive.
                    So I think as Besit that pc sat cards world is dissapearing but, now I use this method and it works perfectly.
                    Best regards.

Comment

• herrr
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by findeciclo
                      S2 is 12€ expensive.
                      Really???
                      I didn't know they were so cheap...like a final selling when you close a shop...

Comment

• aristoch
                        • Sep 2016

I'm using a mystique satix which is a DVBSky S950 V3 - DVBS/S2 PCIe clone (I use dvbsky driver with the mystique).

I previously owned another mystique satix that was the dvbsky S850 clone, but after 2 years of use it failed, it was not receiving half of the fequency list anymore (probably a component on the card failed).

I was happy with it so I replaced with the new model.

I use them both with smartdvb which always worked the best compared to many other popular software I have tried.

Comment

• metefuat
                          • Oct 2016

I am using a winTV nova s2 HD PCI.Its a good card and has BDA drivers which work in all operating systems.Its also HD and I bet you can find it in amazon or bestbuy as secondhand.

Comment

Working...