Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Iphone 5 and Iphone 'Evolution'

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bokkie
    Experienced Board Member
    • Feb 2012

Re: Iphone 5 and Iphone 'Evolution'

Originally posted by faz17
    If your phone does not turn on apple replace it because it doesn't wake. being a software hack even if there is damage to hardware is easily restored everything to pass the phone under warranty. Then of course everyone is free to do what he wants with his phone.
    That is exactly why i said I wouldn't do it. Also, apple won't simply hand a new phone over, they would in all likelyhood try and fix it first.
    Upon fixing it and seeing that it has been jailbroken, that would void the warranty.
    I am not talking rubbish here, but from experience. It has happened, fact!

I am not telling everyone not to do it but am warning of the pitfalls of doing such things. They are free to do as they want.

Comment

• bonilla
      Board Senior Member
      • Aug 2012

To complete the analysis about the evolution of IOS ,here is a small review about pro and cons:
      hxxp://unleashthephones.com/2012/09/18/ios-5-vs-ios-6-a-study-in-minute-user-interface-evolution/

iOS 6 arrives as an upgrade tomorrow, and many enthusiasts (myself included) have indeed felt a little disappointed that iOS 6 is very much an evolutionary release and does not bring many significant advancements in the user interface department, which is admittedly beginning to look dated and boring. However, on a slightly more positive note, iOS 6 may very well strike you as looking a little different from what you’ve been used to; apart from a brand new set of built-in wallpapers, Apple has indeed applied a new paint job to several areas on the user interface even if some of the tweaks are so minor that you might not even notice them.
      If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• faz17
        • Jul 2012

Personally i jailbreak all my device and i'll do it in the future only for cydia tweak like sbsettings or bite sms and not for cracked ipa. I haven't any problem with apple warranty. More friends that work in apple store have jailbreak device. But everyone is free to do what he want with his device. This is only my opinion

Comment

• bonilla
          Board Senior Member
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by faz17
          Personally i jailbreak all my device and i'll do it in the future only for cydia tweak like sbsettings or bite sms and not for cracked ipa. I haven't any problem with apple warranty. More friends that work in apple store have jailbreak device. But everyone is free to do what he want with his device. This is only my opinion
          True ,there is indeed a cydia market ,with rock your phone
          In March 2009, Freeman introduced a simple, unified payment system that allows software developers to sell packages inside of Cydia (with user purchases linked to user accounts), much like the official App Store. Users may use Amazon Payments or PayPal to purchase items within Cydia.(Wikipedia)
          In September 2010, Freeman's company, SaurikIT, LLC, announced that it had acquired Rock Your Phone, Inc. (makers of Rock.app), which made the Cydia Store the largest third-party app store for jailbroken iOS devices
          If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• faz17
            • Jul 2012

i think that under the jailbreak scene there is apple silently. Some people like comex now work with apple. Jailbreak is a business for saurik and co and also for apple that have people that search ios bugs

Comment

• microchick
              Experienced Board Member
              • Apr 2012

iphone5 included a panorama function in its rear camera and have a HD front camera for making face time video calls. Thats a big improvement!

Comment

• gcms
                Board Senior Member
                • Aug 2012

yes that right and a great devlopment Apple's got a new camera in its brand new iPhone 5: 8-megapixels with a 3,264 x 2,448 backside-illuminated sensor, five-element lens, and f/2.4 aperture sits on the rear of the new device. "Same as the iPhone 4S, but thinner." 25 percent thinner in fact, to match the now slimmer iPhone. The branding remains the same -- it's still the iSight -- but a few new bells and whistles have been added alongside the thinning. A new dynamic low light mode, for one, and a fancy sapphire crystal cover. The phone's new A6 processor also helps out, offering a "smart filter" for better color matching, as well as speedier capture and still capture during video.

Comment

• microchick
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Apr 2012

Panorama shot was already a part of Samsung Galaxy S2. They put a burst mode in the new S3 which really brought a revolution the photography. Samsung was always well ahead of bringing new features to the phones like the first phone to have 5MP camera, then the first ever phone to 8MP and HD camera which makes 1080p video and now the burst mode. The new S4 is promising a flexible display!

Comment

• odysseas1991
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Jan 2011

Does anyone know if a jailbreak can be traced by Apple even if you restore it to the default IOS before handing it over to them to fix?

Comment

• bokkie
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by odysseas1991
                      Does anyone know if a jailbreak can be traced by Apple even if you restore it to the default IOS before handing it over to them to fix?
                      I don't think they can. Well that's what I read on another forum anyway.

Comment

• thecrazybandit
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Jul 2012

everyone knows if you jailbreak your phone and it goes wrong it down to you i would not jailbreak anything until its a year old or out of warranty

Comment

• bonilla
                          Board Senior Member
                          • Aug 2012

You can jailbreak ,it's legal (see my post before).
                          There are some many apps that are free and usefull (like putting 5 icons on the dock).
                          And installing a jailbreak will copy a lot of files . But if you do a proper factory reset ,all jailbreak files will be erased.

Comment

• gcms
                            Board Senior Member
                            • Aug 2012

Bonilla dear mate one of my friend has told me about the apple iphone if u jailbreak it, it lost the warannty and by proper restoring the jail break is not properly removed and the company come through that some thing has happen to the iphone . bonilla dear r u verified from the company that jailbreak is leagal good luch wishes and regards

Comment

• bonilla
                              Board Senior Member
                              • Aug 2012

U.S. Declares iPhone Jailbreaking Legal, Over Apple’s Objections

Federal regulators lifted a cloud of uncertainty when they announced it was lawful to hack or “jailbreak” an iPhone, declaring Monday there was “no basis for copyright law to assist Apple in protecting its restrictive business model.”

Jailbreaking is hacking the phone’s OS to allow consumers to run any app on the phone they choose, including applications not authorized by Apple.
                              hxxp://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/07/feds-ok-iphone-jailbreaking/

Comment

• mahrkpat
                                Experienced Board Member
                                • Jun 2012

Using Absinthe jailbreaking is done quite easily just a press of a pc button.

__http://greenpois0n.com/

Also it is easier to transfer 3rd party apps, music and videos to the Iphone by downloading on your pc then installing with DiskAid.

__http://www.digidna.net/products/diskaid
                                Liked my post then push the sigpic button.

Comment

Working...