Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Iphone 5 and Iphone 'Evolution'

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mahrkpat
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jun 2012

Re: Iphone 5 and Iphone 'Evolution'

Originally posted by bonilla
    Amazing launch for Apple
    Apple said today that the iPhone 5 notched more than 2 million preorders in its first 24 hours, more than doubling the tally of the iPhone 4S last year.
    The iPhone 4S saw 1 million preorders over its first 24 hours.
    Apple has always been good at marketing its created a image for the Iphone making it must have brand to shows off with.
    Liked my post then push the sigpic button.

Comment

• microchick
      Experienced Board Member
      • Apr 2012

A new version of the S3 is expected this year with 4G. The Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE is one of the batch of LTE phones that will work on EE's 4G network, the next-generation data infrastructure from Orange and T-Mobile's parent company Everything Everywhere.
      If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• bokkie
        Experienced Board Member
        • Feb 2012

5 Inches would be a bit to big I think. I already think the HTC one x and Samsung Galaxy S3 are pretty big, and would take some getting used to.
        If it is a flexible display, that would be a complete market changer.

Comment

• microchick
          Experienced Board Member
          • Apr 2012

I personally think that anything more than 4.7" display is big. Its the only reason of failing the Galaxy Note. People bought it and now they can't carry it around in their pockets. Very big for a normal size pocket. The other thing is that if the screen is bigger and wider then its difficult to handle it with one hand. Quad Core is impressive though.
          If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• odysseas1991
            Experienced Board Member
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by microchick
            A new version of the S3 is expected this year with 4G. The Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE is one of the batch of LTE phones that will work on EE's 4G network, the next-generation data infrastructure from Orange and T-Mobile's parent company Everything Everywhere.
            Today T-mobile sent a text informing its customers that on the iphone soon it will say EE as opposed to 3G since it is rolling out the 4G and fibre optic broadband very soon.

Comment

• bonilla
              Board Senior Member
              • Aug 2012

During the onslaught of iPhone 5 news that’s been circulating this week, a tethered jailbreak for the final iOS 6 Golden Master (GM) was released. The iPhone Dev-Team announced the update yesterday.
              While iOS 6 will be unleashed for the public to download on September 19th, hackers have already been working on finding exploits to create a public jailbreak release.
              RedSn0w, the tool used to jailbreak an iOS device on a Mac or PC, has a new beta update available for the iOS 6 GM:
              Update #3 – Sep 13: The “dev4” version covers all the betas and yesterday’s 6.0 GM seed. There are some remaining issues with Cydia and fundamental modules like PreferenceLoader, so it remains an openssh-styledeveloper-only release only for now!

Comment

• faz17
                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by bonilla
                During the onslaught of iPhone 5 news that’s been circulating this week, a tethered jailbreak for the final iOS 6 Golden Master (GM) was released. The iPhone Dev-Team announced the update yesterday.
                While iOS 6 will be unleashed for the public to download on September 19th, hackers have already been working on finding exploits to create a public jailbreak release.
                RedSn0w, the tool used to jailbreak an iOS device on a Mac or PC, has a new beta update available for the iOS 6 GM:
                Yes but is only for developers who wants to test their app. Cydia doesn't work! I think is not compatible with iphone 4s. I think for iphone 5 untetered jailbreak we have to wait at least the first few weeks of January

Comment

• bokkie
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Feb 2012

Problem is, if you jailbreak your phone you void the warranty.
                  I personally wouldn't do it if I had an Iphone because you could end up with a very expensive paperweight should something go wrong and you need to return it under warranty.

Comment

• microchick
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Apr 2012

Apple is making the New iphone 5 compatable to the existing iphone/ipod dock for an extra £25.

Comment

• faz17
                      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by bokkie
                      Problem is, if you jailbreak your phone you void the warranty.
                      I personally wouldn't do it if I had an Iphone because you could end up with a very expensive paperweight should something go wrong and you need to return it under warranty.
                      The jailbreal IS a legal procedure. Is a software unlock no hardware. If you have a problem you can restore the iphone with itunes and bring it to the store

Comment

• bokkie
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by faz17
                        The jailbreal IS a legal procedure. Is a software unlock no hardware. If you have a problem you can restore the iphone with itunes and bring it to the store
                        I know what jailbreaking is, and I know you can restore a jaibroken phone.
                        but let's say you jailbreak your Iphone and then after a while the phone won't switch on, or you have a problem with the screen or usb connection?
                        You wouldn't be able to restore the phone and apple wouldn't touch it.
                        Also countless cases of people doing the wrong thing and bricking their phone.
                        personally for a brand new £700 phone. I wouldn't do it

Comment

• microchick
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Apr 2012

Jailbreaking voids the warantee of Iphone/Ipod. The instruction come with the jailbreaking usually say that it wont void the warranty but Apple denies it because its the voilation oif Apple policy. Apple wants users to install the apps only from Itunes.

Comment

• faz17
                            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by bokkie
                            I know what jailbreaking is, and I know you can restore a jaibroken phone.
                            but let's say you jailbreak your Iphone and then after a while the phone won't switch on, or you have a problem with the screen or usb connection?
                            You wouldn't be able to restore the phone and apple wouldn't touch it.
                            Also countless cases of people doing the wrong thing and bricking their phone.
                            personally for a brand new £700 phone. I wouldn't do it
                            If your phone does not turn on apple replace it because it doesn't wake. being a software hack even if there is damage to hardware is easily restored everything to pass the phone under warranty. Then of course everyone is free to do what he wants with his phone.

Comment

• bonilla
                              Board Senior Member
                              • Aug 2012

OS jailbreaking is the process of removing the limitations imposed by Apple on devices running the iOS operating system through the use of hardware/software exploits – such devices include the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and second generation Apple TV. Jailbreaking allows iOS users to gain root access to the operating system, allowing them to download additional applications, extensions, and themes that are unavailable through the official Apple App Store. Jailbreaking is a form of privilege escalation, and the term has been applied to privilege escalation on other computer systems as well. The name refers to breaking the device out of its "jail",[1] which is a technical term used in Unix-style systems, for example in the term "FreeBSD jail". A jailbroken iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad running iOS can still use the App Store, iTunes, and other normal functions, such as making telephone calls.
                              Unlike rooting an Android device, jailbreaking is necessary if the user intends to run software not authorized by Apple. Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, jailbreaking iPhones is legal in the United States, although Apple has announced that the practice "can violate the warranty".
                              Source wikipedia

Comment

• microchick
                                Experienced Board Member
                                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by faz17
                                If your phone does not turn on apple replace it because it doesn't wake. being a software hack even if there is damage to hardware is easily restored everything to pass the phone under warranty. Then of course everyone is free to do what he wants with his phone.
                                bonilla has just posted the proof to what I said in the earlier post. OS jailbreaking is the process of removing the limitations imposed by Apple on devices running the iOS operating system through the use of hardware/software exploits – such devices include the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and second generation Apple TV. Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, jailbreaking iPhones is legal in the United States, although Apple has announced that the practice "can violate the warranty".

Comment

Working...