Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Risks of cardsharing

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nebula2008
    • Mar 2010

Risks of cardsharing

What are the risks of connecting to card servers? How easily can it be detected? if i removed the C line could they still prove i was connected? does CCCam encrypt the packets so they do not look like card information? and What could happen if caught?

Thanks for any help
    Nebula
  • Jerry2020
    Banned
    • Feb 2010

Re: Risks of cardsharing

The card sharing provider will certainly know your ip

Comment

• nebula2008
      • Mar 2010

i know but can it be traced and i am really wanting to know the answers to the other questions thanks i want to know the risks of being the cliient rather than the server.

Comment

• Jerry2020
        Banned
        • Feb 2010

I think that knowing the ip can be traced to the internet company, only the internet company can trace an ip to a certain suscriber

Comment

• johi
          • Mar 2010

it depends on the country.
          in germany it is not allowed to save IP data at the moment.
          they must get you just in time, you are conneted and ask the provider for the user, but so quick they will not get a response.

but as i say, i can only say it for germany, if a remove everything from my client, it should be ok.

Comment

• Jerry2020
            Banned
            • Feb 2010

But is it illeagal to be a client?

Comment

• superhefty
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by johi
              it depends on the country.
              in germany it is not allowed to save IP data at the moment.
              they must get you just in time, you are conneted and ask the provider for the user, but so quick they will not get a response.

but as i say, i can only say it for germany, if a remove everything from my client, it should be ok.
              Are you really sure

What you mean ist the "Vorratsdatenspeicherung" for six month.This kind of logging is not allowed at this moment.
              But near every Provider is logging for some days (billing for example).
              Try to send a Threatmail to the Bundeskanzleramt. I´m shure there will be the police in front of your door within a few days
              You can see it in the filesharing scene that there are a lot of lawyer warnings send every day.
              The risk that somebody investigates you by a logged IP is near 0.The Bureaucracy in Europe is to slow at this moment(i hope ).

hefty

Comment

• Jerry2020
                Banned
                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by superhefty
                Are you really sure

What you mean ist the "Vorratsdatenspeicherung" for six month.This kind of logging is not allowed at this moment.
                Try to send a Threatmail to the Bundeskanzleramt. I´m shure there will be the police in front of your door within a few days
                You can see it in the filesharing scene that there are a lot of lawyer warnings send every day.
                The risk that somebody investigates you by a logged IP is near 0.The Bureaucracy in Europe is to slow at this moment(i hope ).

hefty
                But why would they investigate you from the first place?

Comment

• superhefty
                  • Mar 2010

I think that it is illegal to view PayTv without being a customer in every country.
                  In Germany you must have a second Smartcard if you want to watch on two Receivers at the same time. It ist not allowed to share one card in perhaps two rooms in the same household.
                  If the PayTV Provider investigates you it may be that you must pay a Compensation.
                  You also offend to law.
                  But.... No risk no fun

hefty

Comment

• johi
                    • Mar 2010

Are you really sure

hefty
                    yes they are working on a new law to change this, but t-com and others are starting directly deleting terrabytes of data

Comment

• fulbomba
                      • Mar 2010

is difficult to be caught but what would happen trouble

Comment

• nebula2008
                        • Mar 2010

ok thanks for the answers but what would happen to the client what are the clients risks rather than the server risks or are they the same risks. has anyone been caught yet.

Comment

• rpl
                          • Mar 2010

It ist not allowed to share one card in perhaps two rooms in the same household.
                          Actualy not exacly

There are devices called Spliters that can be use in one household, but if you connect your neighbour it’s illegal.Spliters don’t work with NDS, and nagra, but they work fine with Seca.

In Poland Cyfra+ see the fenomen and is allowing for that, but they are trying to counteract whit option multiroom but it’s very inconvenient to use.

Few years ago (2006) police try to fight with CS, and they had very spectacular success.
                          The police started to monitor neetwork, but not the IP traffic they are not allow to do that, we aren’t leaving in USA where invigilacion is on every step. The police sart to monitor comunity such as sat boards and they were announcement, now they are forbiden on most of sites.
                          The point is that they find some servers and they close it, they were knocking to door at 6 AM and they confiscate the equipment, but they didin’t jail anyone. The problem in that is that the logs on the server are very important data like ip, times and ect.
                          As i mention it was a spectacular action so they mention that in media only to show police eficenty it was just PR.
                          In that time there was a panic, they were even metods of crypting comunication, protoctol caled jabbcamd was invented, crypted by jabber, but during the time the panic stoped, and the protocol was forgoten.

More importent than crypting comunication is to crypt data on drives, because sometimes it can be used as a prove.

Comment

• superhefty
                            • Mar 2010

You mean the Data logged by Vorratsdatenspeicherung. The Bundesverfassungsgericht limited the Usafge of the logged Data in 2008 for using only in massive crime investigation. These Files are deleted.

But there is also the Auskunftsanspruch of for example copyrightholders direct to the provider.
                            Providers are logging a few days, believe me

hefty

Comment

• superhefty
                              • Mar 2010

@rpl

I wrote "in Germany".
                              Cardsharing is still forbidden in Germany.

hefty

Comment

Working...