Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Risks of cardsharing

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toby69
    Experienced Board Member
    • Oct 2011

Re: Risks of cardsharing

triad my friend i myself have always been careful, but to put the cat among the pidgeons thought this might be intresting reading.

One significant problem for internet card sharing pirates is that their activities can be traced, through tracing of their unique IP address. Cases of criminal charges being brought against card sharing hosts is on the rise. In August 2009, a Liverpool man was prosecuted for re-selling the services of a card sharing network to paying customers. It was the first such case of its type in the UK. Two further raids occurred in the UK during early 2011, instigated by UK Cable Operator V**GEN M**** so keep your doors locked, and switch off at night.
    colour red means all us.
    toby69
    Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• pan1300
      Experienced Board Member
      • Apr 2012

Right, I think it's correct the hosts are searched for.

Must say I'm very convinced meanwhile that it's best to switch off. Still - and sorry to keep asking this, but like to know - can someone confirm that when my box is on standby (and no signal on the router or active IP that moment) the server is not loaded and there's no risk?

Comment

• FunkyB
        • Apr 2012

I guess with pay servers they would be able to get all the financial records and then trace you by your bank account. I think even PayPal you need a legit bank account unless there is an untraceable method of online payment.

Comment

• Triad
          Experienced Member
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by pan1100
          hi

Thanks for the clear info ; can't help it, but I keep on wandering how the server can be loaded when the box is in standby and the signal or the router of this specific line in the router isn't active. Also in the router soft/login, there's no active session or IP address.
          Can this be explained or do I get this wrong?

Anyway, will try to put in in standby on fta with server off.
          Hello Pan, your cccam activity doesn't show on router infos as I understood.
          Also, try to watch when you disconnect cccam either from telnet or with remote, cccam needs some time to connect on some channel again.
          When, on the other side, you put the rec to standby leaving it on some channel encrypted, when you turn it on again it will not need that much time to decode it and it'll decode it almost momentarily!
          That by itself is enough proof that it stays connected after standby!
          Also as you turn it in standby, if you connect through DCC or other ftp telnet client, it will connect the network as if it's always on.
          The same procedure is with all other functions, like channel editing and web zapping, as it was never in standby!!!
          It's linux rec, Enigma is made to be always available because of server options of the rec as well as all the other ones before cs come to the scene.

cheers m8

Originally posted by toby69
          triad my friend i myself have always been careful, but to put the cat among the pidgeons thought this might be intresting reading.

One significant problem for internet card sharing pirates is that their activities can be traced, through tracing of their unique IP address. Cases of criminal charges being brought against card sharing hosts is on the rise. In August 2009, a Liverpool man was prosecuted for re-selling the services of a card sharing network to paying customers. It was the first such case of its type in the UK. Two further raids occurred in the UK during early 2011, instigated by UK Cable Operator V**GEN M**** so keep your doors locked, and switch off at night.
          colour red means all us.
          toby69
          Yes Toby, but they must narrow the IP range since dynamic addresses are harder to locate. Also if it's NAT linux server internet access in question like in WIFI nets, one statis IP is connected to all the users, which number could be quite high. So it's harder to get the server on IP service only!
          FnkyB said it quite well there!
          It's quite easy when they cooperate with some pay provider like PayPal where Interpol cyber crime dept. is informing pay pal of it's intent in accordance with law of the country and they react accordingly in coordinated fashion.
          And it's quite logical that Sky Uk would be the first provider to try to cut CS off of it's network of 8 mill users. When you do the math it's quite a money ... And it has been proved that there's no easy way of stopping CS at all, event with pairing.
          By my opinion, the only way would be the one embedded in Scientific Atlanta receivers of American Forces network in Europe and Mid. East.
          On PV system, there's no way of getting CS online, at least I never heard of any managing to achieve such feat!
          But, what the Heckk! as long as there's no European laws in a way all other countries could use CS freely and distribute as well!

Yes Toby "To put the cat among the pidgeons"
          You said it quite well.

Comment

• bokkie
            Experienced Board Member
            • Feb 2012

There are 2 ways of tracing a client. The ip address and payment records.
            If you connected your stb to the internet with a prepaid 3g sim would this not keep you anonymous?
            It does cost more as you need a compatible router and need to top up the 3g sim, but data usage is minimal.
            The other thing is the payment. Is there a method of paying anonymously online?
            Paypal is the normal method of payment, but it needs a bank account doesn't it?

Comment

• microchick
              Experienced Board Member
              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by bokkie
              The other thing is the payment. Is there a method of paying anonymously online?
              Paypal is the normal method of payment, but it needs a bank account doesn't it?
              I have read about it on this forum, may be this thread, that the CS provider asked the client to send a particular voucher, like shopping gift cards or something like that, by post instead of paying via paypal or western union. I thought that was a really brilliant idea to stay annonymous.
              If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• easydigital
                Board Senior Member
                • Nov 2010

Yes bokkie
                Ukash anonymous lets you use your cash to pay online by exchanging your notes and coins for a voucher.
                helped use "Thanks"

Comment

• bokkie
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Feb 2012

Originally posted by easydigital
                  Yes bokkie
                  Ukash lets you use your cash to pay online by exchanging your notes and coins for a voucher.
                  I've heard of this and it is a good idea.
                  however most commercial servers only accept paypal. Some accept western union, which I think allows you to go to a paypoint and transfer into their account.

Comment

• gauloises1
                    • May 2012

in my opinion,the safest way is LEGAL way!if you are only client-no problems,if you are server than i'ts a little problem because i think others clients are connected to your server.if you put rec.in deep standby mode,the server is down and your friends cannot use your card.it is safe but is useful?

Comment

• bokkie
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by gauloises1
                      in my opinion,the safest way is LEGAL way!if you are only client-no problems,if you are server than i'ts a little problem because i think others clients are connected to your server.if you put rec.in deep standby mode,the server is down and your friends cannot use your card.it is safe but is useful?
                      What do you mean best way is legal way?
                      In the U.K. if you're a client you're still breaking the law.

Comment

• pan1300
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Apr 2012

same here (even think everywhere ) - also don't know what gauloises1 exactly meant.
                        Paysafecard seems a good idea ; don't know if this can be discussed with satlover and what the possibilities are here (is apparently in everyones interests what concerns 'safety')?

Comment

• Triad
                          Experienced Member
                          • Jan 2012

gauloises considered legal way like more or less legal. By my understanding, Server is highly illegal activity, and client can do no harm exactly those number of times that server has users. 10, 100 or 1000 times less illegal.
                          Only reasonable way would be to chase big providers or servers...
                          Can't allow myself even to think about, what would be to us here if it would come to the scene some day, when ever!!!?

Comment

• gauloises1
                            • May 2012

I wanted to say that the safest way is the provider card in privider's receiver(married),not sharing,not anything,no dreambox,vu,....
                            ps. i wonder what will happen with the linux based receivers if ......acta will come

Comment

• gauloises1
                              • May 2012

Originally posted by daniel_D
                              CS will be more risky, even for small closed groups (1 privat server 3 clients)?
                              i think local share(in your home network) they cannot see

Comment

• microchick
                                Experienced Board Member
                                • Apr 2012

I think its still illegal to shere your card inside the house within few receivers therefore sly uk introduced a multiroom. There is no legal way of cs. Its similar to making copies of your dvds or musci for your friends and family.
                                If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

Working...