Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Risks of cardsharing

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • serginho
    • Aug 2011

Re: Risks of cardsharing

is a thing is not gotten however I hopes that us to get

Comment

• TARO
      • Aug 2011

If I paid full subs for my tv and I had a dm box running as a server, and I shared with some mates. How easy would it be for me to be detected by the provider?

Comment

• Bazinga
        Experienced Member
        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by TARO
        If I paid full subs for my tv and I had a dm box running as a server, and I shared with some mates. How easy would it be for me to be detected by the provider?
        what ever you do, Don't use Sky Broadband or a Broadband thats provided by Satellite Pay TV Provider.
        DM800HD Clone Satellite
        VU+ Duo Genuine
        SlingBox Pro HD / Sling Player - Fibrelink

Oh Enigma2, You're my favourite linux based operating system.

Comment

• besit
          Board Senior Member
          • Aug 2011

In Russia there' no law against card-sharing. If I'd have a legal card and Linux powered receiver, I would share this card with friends absolutely with no doubts. Internet services providing card-sharing are also don't worry the law. But they got some troubles with pay-TV providers. But their only weapon, as I heard is something like DOS attacks.

Comment

• TARO
            • Aug 2011

Just wondered if they could monitor the net for CS and trace it back to the server. Or even tell from the card serial number, then trace that back to the subscriber.

Comment

• Bazinga
              Experienced Member
              • Aug 2011

Just wondered if they could monitor the net for CS and trace it back to the server. Or even tell from the card serial number, then trace that back to the subscriber.
              they could but most of the servers are in countries where the laws are relaxed, like russia for example. and without access to the servers they can't find out who is sharing the cards.
              DM800HD Clone Satellite
              VU+ Duo Genuine

Comment

• besit
                Board Senior Member
                • Aug 2011

If you will share the card on your receiver for a limited number of persons and you will not publish information about this on the web, you may be absolutely sure there's no one will find you. Look at satlover_com. They shares many cards. How do you think, do they have some problems with the law?

Comment

• whinpo
                  • Jul 2011

there is always the possibility to use SSL to encrypt the data between the server or the receiver...
                  I think an old CCcam version had an SSL option.
                  you can also create a VPN with friends...

Comment

• erno
                    • Aug 2011

I think there is a risk for pay servers, and cards onwer.
                    If you share as a free client, then most of the risk is in the basket of the one who owns the card, and paid for it. In that case he is doing a wrong usage.
                    If you share as a paid client then most of the risk is in the basket of the one who owns the servers and gets money for an illegal service.

Comment

• euroslob
                      • Jul 2011

I've heard that apparently $ky UK are looking into cost effective ways of investigating UK servers and clients, but this is just hearsay!

Comment

• linksman
                        • Aug 2011

Here in Africa, card sharing is not that popular yet, and most card sharing servers are hosted outside Africa. Hence, there is little or no risk factor yet for both client and server.
                        More popular means of watching pay tv content "illegally" is the use of dongle boxes and softcam keys.
                        The bottom line is, watching pay tv content without a valid subscription is termed "illegal".
                        The truth is that there is a loose monitoring process in most African countries because there is no legal framework on ground to enforce or address this kind of "illegality". Besides, any means of getting back at the pay tv providers for milking the people dry with over priced high subscription charges is seen as "fair".

Comment

• Bazinga
                          Experienced Member
                          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by linksman
                          Here in Africa, card sharing is not that popular yet, and most card sharing servers are hosted outside Africa. Hence, there is little or no risk factor yet for both client and server.
                          More popular means of watching pay tv content "illegally" is the use of dongle boxes and softcam keys.
                          The bottom line is, watching pay tv content without a valid subscription is termed "illegal".
                          The truth is that there is a loose monitoring process in most African countries because there is no legal framework on ground to enforce or address this kind of "illegality". Besides, any means of getting back at the pay tv providers for milking the people dry with over priced high subscription charges is seen as "fair".
                          Do they have many Pay Satellite TV Providers in all African countries, I would have thought card server would be the only option in most African countries.

I wonder if card sharing is popular in the USA.
                          DM800HD Clone Satellite
                          VU+ Duo Genuine

Comment

• erno
                            • Aug 2011

If they want to find you they will first take actions against paid servers.
                            It is easier to get a list of all customers. This is one of the reason why I always was in favour of a protocol like gbox, which can't work in a centralised way.
                            Gbox can not operate as a pure server, CCCam can have both operating mode.

So if you want absolutely no risk use gbox.

Comment

• villager1971
                              Banned
                              • Aug 2011

I think with the number of pubs in the UK still showing Prem League matches live on Saturday, they will still be prioritising that for the time being.

As for card sharing, I'm sure they will be concentrating their efforts on the people hosting the servers and cards as opposed to those at home like you and I. This of course could change in the future, but would be such hard work to track down.
                              Unlike Alshat you can speak here freely about Spiderbox!

Comment

• TARO
                                • Aug 2011

Does anyone know for sure which version of cccam uses ssl?

Comment

Working...