Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Cline

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • villager1971
    Banned
    • Aug 2011

Re: Cline

I think it's crap Euro.

I've not found anyone using Newcamd on their Spiderbox on this forum or the 3/4 others I visit. I'm new to this forum today and signed up for a 3mth sub as someone I know has one and hasn't had many issues and quite stable. Other comments on here contradict that, so will reserve judgement until I get the line and test out.

I have a Spiderbox 9000 by the way.
    Unlike Alshat you can speak here freely about Spiderbox!

Comment

• euroslob
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by villager1971
      I think it's crap Euro.

I've not found anyone using Newcamd on their Spiderbox on this forum or the 3/4 others I visit. I'm new to this forum today and signed up for a 3mth sub as someone I know has one and hasn't had many issues and quite stable. Other comments on here contradict that, so will reserve judgement until I get the line and test out.

Although I have had an SD5000 for a couple of years, I recently bit the bullet and bought a new HD9000 purely for the fact I have now upgraded my telly to a HD.

My Protek is brilliant with auto updating but it doesn't clear certain packages that the SB does and after discovering this site, it's rekindled a dying fire to start playing around with sat boxes again!

I haven't yet tried any clines etc but want to give it a go.

Originally posted by villager1971

Tony, how much did your premium membership cost in sterling?

Regards
      Dave

Comment

• villager1971
        Banned
        • Aug 2011

Have a look around for some freebies. I tried six lines the other day and thought great, over 800 cards shared. However the server was awful. My daughter and I tried to watch a film and gave up. It was unwatchable. Tried various channels and sats and the same problems with the $ky channels on 28ºe being the worst of a bad bunch. I didn't take them up on a sub.

I've tried a line here and seems fine, so going for 3 mths rolling sub, but if it doesn't work out, I'll cancel and look elsewhere.

I'm like you, I only recently started up again with multisat and used Dreambox about 3yrs ago but pain in the ass keeping up to date. WIth the Spiderbox, it's a dream to be honest and so user friendly. This is not an advert and there are other similar receivers on the market. Don't wanna come across as biased.

Comment

• euroslob
          • Jul 2011

Yes they are certainly great boxes, I'm going to set up a home network between my new HD9000 and the SD5000.

But for ease I have to say at present my Protek 9750 is undoubtedly the best and was well worth the money, trouble is it could make you lazy!

Comment

• villager1971
            Banned
            • Aug 2011

Sorry, didn't spot your last bit in the post about the subs.

It's £10 for 30 days non recurring. I went for the 90 days @ £27 which is recurring. I still haven't had a line, but will let you know.

I should in theory have just done 30 days one-off initially. Most people are happy and it's just the Sky channels that are dropping occasionally. That I can live with to be honest. There is plenty of other channels and sats to plough through.

Comment

• euroslob
              • Jul 2011

I tried to PM you earlier but I guess you may have your mail box locked!

But be carefull if you start watching Sky I have been told that they are looking into tracking UK ip's, but I would guess they could only do this if they tracked down and nobbled the server!

Comment

• villager1971
                Banned
                • Aug 2011

Cheers for the heads up. I heard this too with them targetting their very own subscribers to Sky t'interweb initially, which I ditched last year. I'm not too bothered about $ky to watch as I have a sub including sports but not movies. So movies is what I am interested in. However, if I get a stable line, I'll knock the sports on the head and watch JSC and the others available. More out there than Sky of course

Not sure about the PM's, but accepted your request earlier.

Comment

• euroslob
                  • Jul 2011

Tried to reply to your message but your mailbox won't accept my message!

Check your settings in 'user CP' m8ty

Comment

• villager1971
                    Banned
                    • Aug 2011

Deffo activated, just double checked.

Comment

• euroslob
                      • Jul 2011

Just pm'd a pal of mine peter100 and the mail went through, I'm wondering if it's because you are a premium member or something why I can't send you pm's!

Comment

• villager1971
                        Banned
                        • Aug 2011

How annoying. I'll see if I can send a PM to you, with my e-mail addy. E-mail me if you can.

Comment

• peter100
                          • Aug 2011

A fellow spider box man I would have though there would be more of us I have the spider 9000 as was wondering about how to set up free line to test as I can get any of the lines to connect. And before I pay a sub want to make sure the box is ready.

Do you know of any idiot guide to setting up spider box?

Comment

• villager1971
                            Banned
                            • Aug 2011

Early days yet Pete. There are probably more of SB users out there.

Let me know if you need help setting up lines, once you have one, it's quite easy to input into the box.

There is a free lines test thread about which is updated often. The 'official' free thread only offers the lines 50+ threads. However, if you purchase the 30 day one for a tenner, you will get two lines to input. Providing your box is connected to t'interweb you shouldn't have any probs.

Gimme a shout if you need some help. Weirdly it's easier than I thought.

Tony

Comment

• peter100
                              • Aug 2011

Thanks tony,

I am having trouble entering the clines in, have you got a useful guide to how to do it sad old me gets confused as to what part of the line goes where, as every time I get the line in it says disconnected no cards, do i need to switch off service + to make them work?

what bit goes where etc any help would be greatfully receved then I can give it a go tonight..

Peter

forgot to ask,

I dont suppose you can send the free lines in a file for me to add to the spiderbox I can then eliminate typo errors and know that it should connect, that way I would know if its my box or internet connection at fault. I know you can do it with channel list but not sure about cline's

Peter

Comment

• villager1971
                                Banned
                                • Aug 2011

Hi Pete

From memory (and you will have to bear with me as I'm not at home), chances are you will receive a line similar to this...

C: test-server.satellite.com 12000 Peter100 Abc123abC

So to enter this in the Spiderbox, it would be:-

Server: test-server.satellite.com
                                Port: 12000
                                User ID: Peter100
                                Password: Abc123abC

If you get capital letters in the details, remember to press 'FAV' button to bring those up. It has to match perfectly, or it won't work. Then turn Service+ / Ethernet off. Reboot the box and then go back to the network menu and see if the lines connect. From there you will see that the server has connected and the amount of cards that are being shared per line

I had two lines and tried entering this as a .cfg file via the USB stick and only put in the first line. Probably a a user error, so inputted the 2nd line manually.

Comment

Working...