Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

IPad Mini : size versus performance

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kostis
    Experienced Board Member
    • Nov 2012

Re: IPad Mini : size versus performance

Originally posted by faz17
    The only real problem of the ipad mini is the screen resolution. It's only a marketink move. The next ipad mini will be with retina display and then there is no history for the competitor tablet
    not true cause some of the competitor are planning to place some new function on the tablets like virtual keyboard, projector screen in the air etc, every customer has different needs and specially different budget.
    If my post was useful, please, use "Thanks" button

Comment

• faz17
      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by kostis
      not true cause some of the competitor are planning to place some new function on the tablets like virtual keyboard, projector screen in the air etc, every customer has different needs and specially different budget.
      I think the market is not yet ready for virtual keyboards and projectors. but are years that are associated with these technologies to the apple. You also need to remember that the apple is leading the market of accessories and products. any product launches apple other competitors try to imitate him, and sometimes even better. the same applies to the accessories. anything is done before for apple devices and then for others.

Comment

• BlueIsMyColor
        Experienced Member
        • Mar 2013

When it was launched in the market, ipad mini was viewed with suspicion. Today is a great success! Its biggest problem is that it does not have a retina display. Probably will have in the next version. Then success will be even greater.

When compared with ****** nexus 7, the build quality, the ios stability and the quality of the apps are a great advantage.

Comment

• ProgSkEEtO
          • Aug 2012

It depends mostly for what you would be using and where, if you look for portability and want to carry it with you everywhere then you are better with an Mini, if not and you prefer using it mostly at home then you'd better get a iPad. But i would go for a normal iPad even, as i am carrying it with me almost everywhere. But the bad thing is it is very expensive.
          If you think my post was helpfull for you, i would be glad if you click the thanks button.

Boxes: Dreambox 800HDse, GiGaBlue 800HD UE
          Consoles: Nintendo Wii, Xbox360 Slim, Playstation 3
          Programmer: Unity3D, C++, C#, Java, SQL, PHP, HTML, CSS, AJAX

Comment

• Dimus
            • Apr 2013

I have normal iPad which is great at home for checking things or watching something, but travelling in **** which is always crowded made me think that something more portable will be better. And personally think that iPad mini or anynother ones with that size would be ideal.
            I wouldnt buy current model because of its non Retina display, also there're rumours that ****** will unveil new Nexus in July which might be again very attractive price wise. At the end of the day choice is ours what is suitable for our needs

Comment

• bonilla
              Board Senior Member
              • Aug 2012

ahaha I told it a month ago They are producing smallest ipad

Credit: CNET
              Apple's next iPad will be both thinner and lighter than its predecessor, bringing back the company's old habit of iPad shrinkage.
              That's according to KGI Securities analyst Mingchi Kuo, who in a note to investors last night said to expect a full-size iPad that's 15 percent thinner than the fourth-generation device and weighs 25 percent less.
              The size reduction is due to a handful of tweaks, Kuo said. That includes a battery that's 25 percent to 30 percent smaller, and improvements on display panels and A-series chip technology, which now slurp up less juice. Apple also will use the same touch technology found on the iPad Mini, which is thinner than what it currently uses on its full-size iPads.
              If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• Dimus
                • Apr 2013

Also the latest rumours on iPad 5 are that it will be 25% lighter and 15% thinner using similar thin bezels style from iPad mini

Comment

Working...