Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

IPad Mini : size versus performance

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bonilla
    Board Senior Member
    • Aug 2012

IPad Mini : size versus performance

Ipad mini was successfully launch.
    I still don't get the point and who will buy this gadget ?
    For those who want to know the price (Cnet)
    You'll be able to get an iPad Mini Wi-Fi model in three memory configurations starting on November 2: $329 for 16GB, $429 for 32GB, and $529 for 64GB. Two weeks later on November 16, we'll see Wi-Fi + 4G models hit the shelves at $459 for 16GB, $559 for 32GB, and $659 for 64GB.

Other specs include a front-facing 720p-capable FaceTime camera, and a 5-megapixel back camera. The Mini also supports 4G LTE, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi at 5.2Ghz, Bluetooth 4.0, and of course will use Apple's Lightning connector, first seen on the iPhone 5.

Apple claims that the Mini has a 10-hour battery life, but we'll have to put it through our own testing to confirm when we get one in on November 2. Preorders for the iPad Mini in all its forms start on Friday.
    The mobile market is going to be crazy with samsung and apple now!
    And the surface from Microsoft is going to be released too...geezzz
    If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you
  • duhoki
    Experienced Board Member
    • Aug 2011

Re: IPad Mini : size versus performance

Well i am really not an apple lover, but if you think on how normal everyday people love theire Iphones which they call "the thing that just work as you want it", then i can see zero problem for apple to sell this as all other apple products. Its size and os togheter with its thecnology is making my self to buy one of this, so its definitely something many people will think on to get one

Comment

• bonilla
      Board Senior Member
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by duhoki
      Well i am really not an apple lover, but if you think on how normal everyday people love theire Iphones which they call "the thing that just work as you want it", then i can see zero problem for apple to sell this as all other apple products. Its size and os togheter with its thecnology is making my self to buy one of this, so its definitely something many people will think on to get one
      My tought were simple if you are an apple addict:
      if you want a phone ,you buy an iphone.
      if you want a tablet ,you buy an ipad.
      But the mini ? It's like a middle thing between phone and tablet ,but i don't get the point.
      I mean ,Iphone are too small to read correctly books ,and I don't think Ipad mini is very confortable to see movies for example.
      If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• microchick
        Experienced Board Member
        • Apr 2012

Makes you really think that Apple has started following Samsung Galaxy tab and Note.
        There is a march of tabs and pads now. So much choice and such a big price difference.

Comment

• bokkie
          Experienced Board Member
          • Feb 2012

Apple finally realised that not everybody wants a large tablet.
          I think the price for the Mini is way off the mark and reckon there are better tablets out there for the money.

Comment

• mahrkpat
            Experienced Board Member
            • Jun 2012

I think this is where Apple are following Samsung with their Galaxy note, which has been very successful.

Some people don't want to carry around a tablet but still require a device which can be used more productively then a smart phone.

With the Apple branding I am willing to bet that the Ipad Mini will be successful too.
            Liked my post then push the sigpic button.

Comment

• microchick
              Experienced Board Member
              • Apr 2012

Inside the iPad mini's slim new shell is Apple's A5 processor found on the iPad 2. Considering that since launching the A5 chip, Apple has since released the A5X, A6 and the super-charged A6X processors, Its less appealing.

Comment

• mahrkpat
                Experienced Board Member
                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by microchick
                Inside the iPad mini's slim new shell is Apple's A5 processor found on the iPad 2. Considering that since launching the A5 chip, Apple has since released the A5X, A6 and the super-charged A6X processors, Its less appealing.
                Most people will not look what's inside but the branding.

Comment

• microchick
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Apr 2012

Yes you are right, thats the big positive point that ipad mini is from Apple. There are much better tabs available at the moment. Better in performance and cheaper in price. The only positive point for me that it is EE, other than that its not overwhelming for me.

Comment

• findeciclo
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Oct 2010

Samsung Galaxy Tab have a 7" version. Rest of tablets with a cheapest price are 7" sized. So Apple was lost a lot of money in this range tabs. But the price is the only one thing I can't understand. If you made a 7" or 8" tablet, the price must be cheapest than Ipad 2 or 3, but not, the price is similar to his eldest brother. If I want a phone, Iphone 5. If I want a tablet Ipad3 or Galaxy tab, but Ipad mini ¿Why? The price is similar.
                    Is difficult to know whats going on with this device. So on, Apple has told the new Ipad 4 is very nearly, coming soon.
                    I can't understand nothing at all.
                    Best regards.

Comment

• microchick
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Apr 2012

It has been widely know that recently Amazon and ****** have designed some quite popular 7" tablets. Why are they so popular? The answer is, their fantastic price. Apple has awoken to this fact, and has decided to contribute to the 7" tablet market in the form of the iPad mini. With a smaller 7.9" display (which has a lower resolution than any decent 7" android tablet out there or even the current iPad itself), an old generation A5 processor and a more expensive price tag.

Comment

• bokkie
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Feb 2012

The only reason Apple can continue to charge these ridiculous prices for there items is because people are still willing to pay those prices just to have to have the apple brand.
                        But I think people are waking up and realising they don't have to pay those prices anymore.

Comment

• mahrkpat
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by bokkie
                          The only reason Apple can continue to charge these ridiculous prices for there items is because people are still willing to pay those prices just to have to have the apple brand.
                          But I think people are waking up and realising they don't have to pay those prices anymore.
                          Here is a article comparing Ipad Mini with its two main rivals.

__http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile-computing/tablets/apple-ipad-mini-vs-******-nexus-7-vs-kindle-fire-hd-7-inch-1106596

You can see that the Ipad Mini is not value for the money.

Comment

• microchick
                            Experienced Board Member
                            • Apr 2012

Most tablets currently on the market are complementary devices. They have bare-bones operating systems that make on-the-go media consumption and Web browsing a cinch. For most users, they haven't yet replaced the need for a PC.
                            Few people create documents, spreadsheets or presentations on their iPads, and even fewer run any serious business applications on them. Tablets don't multitask well, and IT departments that want to dig deep into the operating system to customize settings aren't going to have much luck. You still need a PC to do that.

Comment

• microchick
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Apr 2012

So why do I need an iPad mini, if I can have a N7 for less and have my droid phone provide 4G LTE hotspot for it (wherever I choose to be).
                              Why would I need to be at the mercy of iOS upgrades and expensive apple apps, if I can have my Android OS automatically upgrade itself on my N7 without me even noticing it? Why would I want to pay the extra for every iThing, so I can just look geekier?:-)

Comment

Working...