Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Iphone 5 and Iphone 'Evolution'

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bonilla
    Board Senior Member
    • Aug 2012

Re: Iphone 5 and Iphone 'Evolution'

Bad news ..I hoped that the 4G thing was making a difference ,but :
    On top of all that, the iPhone 5 will have 4G/LTE Technology integrated into it. Don’t get too excited if you live in Europe- the spectrum has to be activated before this feature can be used in European countries. Long Term Evolution is a fairly standard offering that has a higher capacity and speed then most other wireless devices. Fourth generation Long Term Evolution has been incorporated by most cell phone makers into their devices. The technology lets you transfer video and voice much faster- this feature will be a huge selling point from Apple.
    If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• bokkie
      Experienced Board Member
      • Feb 2012

I'm due for an upgrade soon and think I'll be looking at the htc one x or samsung galaxy s3. Very well specced and nice looking phones.
      4g has just gone on trial in 16 cities across the u.k. and speeds were very impressive.
      Speeds of 30 mb were being reached, which is a huge improvement on 3g.
      obviously the more people that are on 4g the slower it'll get. But still a step toward I think.

Comment

• microchick
        Experienced Board Member
        • Apr 2012

Even if it supports 4G. its still a mobile phone. On such a small screen you can't do much. Most of the time would be spent at zooming in and out instead of browsing. 3G is more than enough and 5G is only on trial basis.
        One thing that iphone must improve on is the screen size.
        If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• bokkie
          Experienced Board Member
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by microchick
          Even if it supports 4G. its still a mobile phone. On such a small screen you can't do much. Most of the time would be spent at zooming in and out instead of browsing. 3G is more than enough and 5G is only on trial basis.
          One thing that iphone must improve on is the screen size.
          I use my phone as a wifi hotspot to surf the net and stream sports on my tablet.
          Sometimes struggle to get 1 mb on 3g, so the extra speed will be welcome.
          I think most modern phones are 4g enabled so hope we get 4g soon.

Comment

• thecrazybandit
            Experienced Board Member
            • Jul 2012

i phone 5 or galaxy s3 i think is down to personal opinion i like the galaxy s3 and i think the i phone has great back up from apple my son took his i phone 4 back with a few problems to the apple shop and he was was given a new phone straight away

Comment

• microchick
              Experienced Board Member
              • Apr 2012

One thing about the American product is good and that is their advertising and publicity. I love the way they advertise. They learnt from the Brits how to advertise but these days we see very few British products to be advertised in such a great way. In our adververts theres always sense of humour.

Comment

• Mobley3
                Experienced Board Member
                • Jun 2012

The one thing that was appealing to me about the Iphone 4 was that it was smaller and more tactile than the Samsung, now it seems they are heading in the same direction, I do not like these big screens I also find that these ultra slim phones do not sit very well in my hand, Htc 1x looks like my next move. The abundance of apps on all of these phones does not really bother me as I just use my phone for making calls, strangely enough

Regards Mobley3

mobley3

Comment

• microchick
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Apr 2012

Thats a matter of personal choice. If you are not bothered about the apps then a windows phone would be a good move for you. They seem to be very strong and highly supported. Don't have many apps on them but you can take your office with you on these phones. So easy to sunc with your windows pc/laptop.

Comment

• microchick
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Apr 2012

Apple is in the fight mode with everyone else. First Samsung and now Motorola. A court in Munich ruled on Thursday that Motorola Mobility, owned by ****** Inc, had infringed an Apple Inc patent and ordered that all tablets and smartphones containing the technology be recalled.

Apple announced the prices for iphone5 in the UK
                    The basic iPhone 5 model starts at an eye watering £529 which is the price-tag for the 16GB flavour of the phone. Apple is also selling 32GB and 64GB versions of the iPhone 5. The 32GB iPhone 5 will set you back £599, while the top of the line 64GB version is being sold at £699.

Comment

• bokkie
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Feb 2012

And the problem is that Apple have refused to bow down to the customers wishes, and install an sd card slot.
                      So if you get the 16gb version you could run out of space very quickly.

Comment

• thecrazybandit
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by microchick
                        Apple is in the fight mode with everyone else. First Samsung and now Motorola. A court in Munich ruled on Thursday that Motorola Mobility, owned by ****** Inc, had infringed an Apple Inc patent and ordered that all tablets and smartphones containing the technology be recalled.

Apple announced the prices for iphone5 in the UK
                        The basic iPhone 5 model starts at an eye watering £529 which is the price-tag for the 16GB flavour of the phone. Apple is also selling 32GB and 64GB versions of the iPhone 5. The 32GB iPhone 5 will set you back £599, while the top of the line 64GB version is being sold at £699.
                        I cannot see anyone paying £699 for a phone it will always be on some sort of deal on contract

Comment

• gcms
                          Board Senior Member
                          • Aug 2012

the price 699 pounds r too much for an ipone 5 but when u see the ipone then its nothing for this wonderfull fone that Never before has this degree of fit and finish been applied to a phone. Take the glass inlays on the back of iPhone 5, for instance. During manufacturing, each iPhone 5 aluminum housing is photographed by two high-powered 29MP cameras. A machine then examines the images and compares them against 725 unique inlays to find the most precise match for every single iPhone.

wow this is a wonderful fone 699 pounds are nothing for this

Comment

• pan1300
                            Experienced Board Member
                            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by gcms
                            wow this is a wonderful fone 699 pounds are nothing for this
                            699 pounds for a phone?? (without becoming a stockholder of the company?) - personally: no way ...

Comment

• bokkie
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Feb 2012

I've seen the HTC one x and Samsung Galaxy S3 for half that price. You can buy a top spec pc or laptop for that amount of money!
                              I've had a look at preorder deals. If you want the phone for free you're looking at around £50 a month for 24 months.
                              If you want a sub £30 monthly payment on the contract, you pay around £250 for the phone.
                              Not a chance, even at half the price!

Comment

• thecrazybandit
                                Experienced Board Member
                                • Jul 2012

Give it a few months and there will some good deals around once people get to know there is hardly any difference between the 4 and 5

Comment

Working...