Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Multi LNB dish with motor diseqc 1.2

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mobley3
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jun 2012

Re: Multi LNB dish with motor diseqc 1.2

Originally posted by mmoloch
    If I first tune everything for USALS and have the dish aligned with the arc of Clark can I switch to diseqc 1.2?...

...the dish continues to be aligned with the arc of Clark switching to diseqc 1.2?

I know that in diseqc 1.2 I have to look for the sats and save it, I find it easier to tune by USALS but my motor runs faster on diseqc 1.2.
    Yes you should be able to,depends on your STB as to how, check your motor settings and with it set on USALS you should have the option to save the particular sat you are on, switch over to Diseqc and save the position as say position 1, move back to USALS and do the same for the next sat, you get the idea?. Some channel lists will make this quite simple, I use a Spiderbox and with the channel list I use it is pretty simple to do using the procedure I have suggested. I know my Spider moves faster on Diseqc and you also have to ability for fine tuning if the signal is low. Hope this is of some help.

Regards Mobley3

mobley3

Comment

• dekos
      • Feb 2010

It should follow the Clark regardless what protocol are you using if the dish is aligned good.

Comment

• mmoloch
        • Mar 2013

Almost ready... configured by USALS and now I'm getting 25 sats but some TP's are missing, on the East side'm just not picking 31.5ºE, 33ºE and 42ºE, this last one I know it was picking up before the final nuts tightening...

... on the West side I have more problems, before the final nuts tightening I was catching 4°W and had all TP's from Nilesat 7°W, after the final nuts tightening I lost 4°W and the last 4 TP's of Nilesat 7°W, I don't have signal at 12.5°W and on the west side pick up 10 sats and the last with the signal is 34.4ºW, in the "extremes" sats have maximum signal at 28.2ºE and Hispasat 30ºW.

Any suggestions for fine tunnig?

Comment

• Mobley3
          Experienced Board Member
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by mmoloch
          Almost ready... configured by USALS and now I'm getting 25 sats but some TP's are missing, on the East side'm just not picking 31.5ºE, 33ºE and 42ºE, this last one I know it was picking up before the final nuts tightening...

... on the West side I have more problems, before the final nuts tightening I was catching 4°W and had all TP's from Nilesat 7°W, after the final nuts tightening I lost 4°W and the last 4 TP's of Nilesat 7°W, I don't have signal at 12.5°W and on the west side pick up 10 sats and the last with the signal is 34.4ºW, in the "extremes" sats have maximum signal at 28.2ºE and Hispasat 30ºW.

Any suggestions for fine tunnig?
          Try flexing the dish up/down and side to side to see which one makes a the difference. Always best when you tighten, to move from one side to the other and tighten half turn at a time, I can not get a lot of the sats you mentioned. As you tighten the motor bolts it will usually pull the dish down slightly, so flexing will tell you if this is where the problem lies. Just take your time, fine tuning is something which can not be rushed.

Regards Mobley3

You might also try changing to Diseqc on the difficult sats to fine tune them and save the settings, it is not possible to save the settings when using USALS.

mobley3

Comment

• mmoloch
            • Mar 2013

After all I can not capture the 4ºW in Portugal, when I got sign in 4ºW should be a sign of 5ºW.

I did a blind scan to 8ºW and have all channels and also picked up the missing TP's of 7ºW

... I'm getting 7ºW Nilesat 102 and 201 in the right place but I get 7.3º Eutelsat 7 West A on the 8ºW blind scan... what does that mean?

Means that I have to rotate the full set about 0.5°/0.7º to North?... or to South?... or does it mean something else?

Comment

• Mobley3
              Experienced Board Member
              • Jun 2012

I would not recommend blind scanning on these sats, you will get a lot of bleed over because they are so close together, best to check the frequencies on Flysat/Kingofsat and enter them manually, a little more trouble but you will avoid errors like you are experiencing. No I would leave the motor position, it sounds like you have it set pretty good.

Regards Mobley3

mobley3

Comment

• dekos
                • Feb 2010

I agree. Try turning LNB few degrees left or right.
                It will help you very much with some transponders.

Comment

• BarryNop
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2019

Multi LNB dish with motor diseqc 1 2

Hi: I made a netinst installation debian-9.4.0-i386-netinst.iso without a network connection and as a concequence I only have a very basic install. How could I complete it now I am running the OS? apt-get?

Comment

• KamBoum
                    • Jul 2019

Multi LNB dish with motor diseqc 1 2

I did a clean installing of Knoppmyth 5.5. I can boot and use the system.

Due to some issues with video driver I need to install some more packages. I use apt but I receive several dependency problems:

Code:

Comment

Working...