Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Multi LNB dish with motor diseqc 1.2

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mmoloch
    • Mar 2013

Multi LNB dish with motor diseqc 1.2

I have a 85cm dish pointed at Astra1 19.2ºE and in the same dish can pick up 4 more sats, 28.2ºE, 23.5ºE, 13ºE and 4.8ºE...

It is possible to have a motor diseqc 1.2 in this dish keeping the 5 LNBs capturing 5 sats when I have the dish pointed at Astra1 19.2ºE?

The motor diseqc 1.2 is just to be able to watch from time to time some sport feeds of 16ºE, 10ºE, 7ºE, 3.1ºE, etc etc.
  • kalpikos
    Experienced Board Member
    • Sep 2011

Re: Multi LNB dish with motor diseqc 1.2

I think that you can't...
    it's very difficult and very complicated.

Why you don't buy one more dish for 28.2E center and the other as you have at 19.2E and put the others lnbs ?

I think that for now you don't have good signal for 28.2E and you can't get all channels.
    Buy putting one more dish as you said above, you will be able to receive almost all channels from it.
    Also, you can split the lnbs on 2 dishes for the satellites you want in order to have better reception.
    If You Like My Post..... Please Press the Thanks Button

Comment

• mmoloch
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by kalpikos
      I think that you can't...
      it's very difficult and very complicated.

Why you don't buy one more dish for 28.2E center and the other as you have at 19.2E and put the others lnbs ?

I think that for now you don't have good signal for 28.2E and you can't get all channels.
      Buy putting one more dish as you said above, you will be able to receive almost all channels from it.
      Also, you can split the lnbs on 2 dishes for the satellites you want in order to have better reception.

Already have 3 dishes on the roof and do not want to put one more...

Dish 1 60cm, Twin LNB - Hispasat 30ºW
      Dish 2 85cm, 2 Twin LNBs and 2 Single - 28ºE, 23.5ºE, 19ºE, 13ºE and 4.8ºE
      Dish 3 125cm, 1 Twin LNB and 1 Single - Nilesat 7ºW and Thor 0.8ºW

I need to have Hispasat 30ºW and Nilesat 7ºW in fixed dishes because they are seen all days in two receivers.

Yes I can not get all the channels 28e but I can get with good signal all channels that have interest to me.

Another dish is out of the question the only solution was a motor diseqc 1.2 in the 85cm dish...

Comment

• kontoni
        • Aug 2012

dear mmoloch apart from technically not possible what is the reason to keep these 5 lnb's on Dish 2 85cm, when you will upgrade it to diseqc motor?

with motor dish properly installed you will have current dish number two orbital spots with the same at least signal strength for these sats.

Comment

• Mobley3
          Experienced Board Member
          • Jun 2012

I would suggest putting a Motor on the 85Cm Dish and just using one Lnb. You will be able to get the other sats which you already receive and you certainly will have a better signal on 28E as you will have a better focal point when it is not offset.

Regards Mobley3

mobley3

Comment

• pan1300
            Experienced Board Member
            • Apr 2012

hi Mobley3

agree with you, but why not put a motor on the 125cm dish (perhaps an actuator is needed, but reception should be even better ...)

Comment

• Mobley3
              Experienced Board Member
              • Jun 2012

Hi pan1100, Yes that would indeed be the better solution, but I thought he may need to have the bigger dish to ensure a good signal, he mentioned that he needs to have 7W for all day reception so I assume that is the thinking behind the set-up.

Regards Mobley3

mobley3

Comment

• pan1300
                Experienced Board Member
                • Apr 2012

hi Mobley3

could be true, if 7W doesn't have (enough) reception on the 85cm dish - think @mmoloch: why not get a motor and try it on your dishes?

Comment

• kalpikos
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Sep 2011

ok mmoloch
                  I understand you.

so, if there is no way to install another dish, I would agree with Mobley3 that suggested to convert your dish with the multifeed installation to a simple motorized dish of 85cm with 1 lnb.
                  Just remove the other lnbs and install the motor diseqc 1.2.
                  Also, you can left the other dish for Hispasat at 30ºW and change the dish of 125 cm to be centered to astra 28.2E as it's the most difficult satellite.
                  The other satellites will be available without problems with the 85cm motorized dish.
                  If You Like My Post..... Please Press the Thanks Button

Comment

• mmoloch
                    • Mar 2013

I do not need to keep the 5 LNB's, I have to keep at least two, one for Hotbird 13ºE and another for Astra 19ºE because they are both connected to the second receiver, I would rather keep the 5 LNB's because I am a sport trader (buy and sell bets on live events) and am always changing channel, this way I can change channels on satellites that I watch more in two seconds.

To put a motor on the 1.25cm dish would have a satellite on the 85cm dish transmiting all the EPL matches, I have all matches in Nilesat 7ºW for two receivers (two persons watching different matches)... as I only need a motor to be able to watch sport feeds I can keep the 1.25cm dish pointed to Nilesat 7ºW during EPL matches and then use the same dish for feeds... I do not like the idea but is a solution.

An actuator is out of the question because I would have to invest in a polar mount and a positioner when I can buy a motor 1.2 for 40 euros (Golden Media GM-50-120), I know it is not recommended for 1.25cm dishes but supports dishes up to 16.75kg and I have a friend who has the same motor running for more than one year in a dish like my.

Can I have two LNB's (19.2ºE and 13ºE) in the 85cm dish with motor 1.2?

My system:

Comment

• Mobley3
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by mmoloch
                      I do not need to keep the 5 LNB's, I have to keep at least two, one for Hotbird 13ºE and another for Astra 19ºE because they are both connected to the second receiver, I would rather keep the 5 LNB's because I am a sport trader (buy and sell bets on live events) and am always changing channel, this way I can change channels on satellites that I watch more in two seconds.

To put a motor on the 1.25cm dish would have a satellite on the 85cm dish transmiting all the EPL matches, I have all matches in Nilesat 7ºW for two receivers (two persons watching different matches)... as I only need a motor to be able to watch sport feeds I can keep the 1.25cm dish pointed to Nilesat 7ºW during EPL matches and then use the same dish for feeds... I do not like the idea but is a solution.

An actuator is out of the question because I would have to invest in a polar mount and a positioner when I can buy a motor 1.2 for 40 euros (Golden Media GM-50-120), I know it is not recommended for 1.25cm dishes but supports dishes up to 16.75kg and I have a friend who has the same motor running for more than one year in a dish like my.

Can I have two LNB's (19.2ºE and 13ºE) in the 85cm dish with motor 1.2?

My system:

I think this would be nigh on impossible to achieve, you would not have a sat to focus on that you could send it to, it probably would be OK on the 13E-19E
                      arrangement if you were to send it to 16E but after that it would be all guesswork and certainly unreliable.

Regards Mobley3.

mobley3

Comment

• mmoloch
                        • Mar 2013

Already bought the motor diseqc 1.2 (Golden Media) and today I install it in the 125cm dish.

Now comes the worst, the tunings... I've read over 10 tutorials but all have differences and do not know what is correct and what should I do.

My location:

My motor has a "scale" of latitute... so I put the motor elevation between 38º and 39º, after with the motor in 0° tuned Nilesat 7ºW with the maximum signal, then set up the receiver with USALS but did not catch any more sats... what am I doing wrong?

I've read about the difference of 2º between Nilesat 7ºW and my longitude of -9.1619º but did not understand the idea or what to do to solve it...

I also have a problem with the receiver USALS settings, I know I have to add my latitude and longitude but I have no option to select positive or negative values like -9.1619º , how can I add my longitude?... my receiver is a Golden Media Spark Reloaded running Spark.

The motor manual comes with a list of pre-stored satellites but these positions are different from the actual positions, for example:

Hotbird in the pre-stored list 14ºE, should be 13ºE ?!
                        Astra 1 in the pre-stored list 21ºE, should be 19.2ºE ?!
                        Arabsat in the pre-stored list 29ºE should be 26ºE ?!
                        Hispasat in the pre-stored list 34ºW, should be 30ºW ?!

The list has 26 pre-stored sats but only 5 sats have the correct position, is this normal?! With these positions all changed will not have problems to set as USALS?!

Can anyone give me some tips to tune the motor diseqc 1.2?

Comment

• Mobley3
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Jun 2012

Hi mmoloch. to set the motor to negative value set to West or W.
                          To use Diseqc to drive the motor you will have to find and save each Sat individually and save it, a long process, but once set up it will work as easy as USALS. Normally you would start at the East or West limit and work over from there , sat by sat, remembering to save each in turn.

Regards Mobley3

mobley3

Comment

• dekos
                            • Feb 2010

How to set motor on the dish?
                            Find a satellite that is on your true south. In my case it was 19,2E.
                            All settings on motor must be on zero.
                            Connect any sat. receiver with factory set channels for that satellite. Select channel that is on the weakest transponder. Move motor until it is on true south and then lock it in that position. Move dish up and down slowly until you got the picture. Fix the screws of the dish and that should be that.

I have set my system alone in that way and it works for 5 years now.
                            Dish 1,25 motor is no name and USALS on the receiver.

Comment

• mmoloch
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Mobley3
                              Hi mmoloch. to set the motor to negative value set to West or W.
                              To use Diseqc to drive the motor you will have to find and save each Sat individually and save it, a long process, but once set up it will work as easy as USALS. Normally you would start at the East or West limit and work over from there , sat by sat, remembering to save each in turn.

Regards Mobley3
                              If I first tune everything for USALS and have the dish aligned with the arc of Clark can I switch to diseqc 1.2?...

...the dish continues to be aligned with the arc of Clark switching to diseqc 1.2?

I know that in diseqc 1.2 I have to look for the sats and save it, I find it easier to tune by USALS but my motor runs faster on diseqc 1.2.

Comment

Working...