Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Risks of cardsharing

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bokkie
    Experienced Board Member
    • Feb 2012

Re: Risks of cardsharing

Originally posted by peter1351
    what are the risks if i watch only different country providers such as holland and sly i will pay normally, do i face anything from uk police as i broke their lwas??
    Russian/eastern european servers are the best as they don't really have cardsharing laws in place.
    Where are you living? You have a usa flag so I thought you were american.

Comment

• microchick
      Experienced Board Member
      • Apr 2012

I think its the best way to watch. I try to avoid sly uk as much as I can. Better to watch another network from not a well known country like, Bulgaria or Turkey, where the laws are not as strict as they are in the UK and a few more European countries. Most of the multinational channels programs are the same, just try to find them with English audio.
      If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• gcms
        Board Senior Member
        • Aug 2012

i think that watching tv channels in the u k wat ever it may be turkey bulgaria etc but so uk law will be apply on this as i do not know more about the uk law of watching tv channela witout legal subscription

Comment

• Cybersatman1
          • Jul 2012

Bokkie ... there will be CCTV where you bought your voucher ... also the Cell towers will give away your location ...

The question really, would anybody be bothered to locate you , answer= no

HTH

Comment

• microchick
            Experienced Board Member
            • Apr 2012

Thats a good point cybersatman. Never thought of CCTV( Big Brother). They are watching you all the time and UK is one of the most CCTV holders in the world. If they want to take it the investigation that far away, easy to find it from any super market or mini market security camera.
            If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• gauloises1
              • May 2012

seems it's almost "mission impossible" to stay anonymous
              except few persons busted,i didn't heared of others searched, wanted.If tomorrow would put "good guys" to look for servers and shut them down think about what would happen to dm, vu or other companies.i dont think cardsharing will last forever but hopefully we will enjoy as much as we can

Comment

• bokkie
                Experienced Board Member
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Cybersatman1
                Bokkie ... there will be CCTV where you bought your voucher ... also the Cell towers will give away your location ...

The question really, would anybody be bothered to locate you , answer= no

HTH
                Yes, but I paid cash, So all they'll have is a picture of me.
                They will know which cell tower I accessed but not my exact location.
                Add to that I wasn't at home when I paid it they would have a very hard time, and waste huge resources to track me.
                Much more difficult than accessing the servers paypal, getting my name, address, etc.
                I have only gone to these lengths as a server i sub from is located in the u.k. where there is a much higher risk.
                It has cost me about an extra £15 for a 6 month sub so not really breaking the bank.

Comment

• Cybersatman1
                  • Jul 2012

Agreed, thought you would like to read this:-

Triangulation Locates Phones

Police rely on principles of triangulation to track down the phone (and, presumably, its owner). Because the nature of the cellular network allows the phone to communicate with a number of nearby cell towers, and for each cell to evaluate the signal strength of the phone, network analysis software can estimate the distance of the phone from each tower. If the phone communicates with three or more towers, triangulation software can use the phone's signal strength from each tower to estimate the geographic position of the phone on a 3-dimensional plane. Triangulation is not an exact science, however, and software programs are able only to estimate the phone's position rather than precisely pinpoint its exact location. Still, triangulation allows police to place cell phones---and, presumably, the cell phone user---in general neighborhoods, either in real time or in recent history.

Comment

• microchick
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Apr 2012

Have seen it in films in the past and now in real its possible to track down a phone and tell its exact location. But having said that I don't think the police or other companies would be so much interested to spend all the resources and time to track down one poor client of the cs? Its not feaseable at all. Think of all the spending cuts, LOL
                    Possibilities are greater for a server to be tracked down with hundreds and thousands of clinent.

Comment

• peter1351
                      • Jun 2012

guys how do i open particular card to full pack let's say bulgarian one etc and not to be connected to internet is there just soft so i would avoid connection??

Comment

• bokkie
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by peter1351
                        guys how do i open particular card to full pack let's say bulgarian one etc and not to be connected to internet is there just soft so i would avoid connection??
                        Not sure I fully understand what you're asking.
                        But for cs you have to be connected to the internet.

Comment

• microchick
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Apr 2012

@peter1351: Some of the networks/channels open via keys only i.e, some of the Greek channels and you dont have to be connected to the internet, you just use a softcam. I dont think there are any channels in Bulgarian network to be using softcam. You need to be connected to the internet to open these channels.

Comment

• Curiositykilledthecat
                            • Mar 2013

Hello Everybody.

Mainly for UK users.

Is it possible to track down the people who pay for the illegal subscription of card sharing?

Also what would be the best method to pay for it?

Comment

• faceoff04
                              • Mar 2013

depends of the country, the law is not restrictive. The ip directions of connectios cccam, for example: it´s a bidirectional information. Under know risk of server and cliente.

Comment

• mahrkpat
                                Experienced Board Member
                                • Jun 2012

Welcome to the forum.
                                You should have used your first post to introduce yourself and secondly you
                                should have read this thread from the beginning it would have answered your
                                questions.
                                Liked my post then push the sigpic button.

Comment

Working...