Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Risks of cardsharing

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • antonioag
    • Mar 2012

Re: Risks of cardsharing

In Italy recently there have been arrests, the news caused a sensation because it was said that the police had designed software to discover the server. But maybe it's just a fake and the police found the server just because he pretended to be an interested customer for a payserver.

Comment

• microchick
      Experienced Board Member
      • Apr 2012

Easy for the police to trace the server but they would need a complaint about a specific ip first. They can get the details from the ISP and trace the address. Developing a software is not a difficult job but it would be usually done by the ISPs, not the police.
      If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• antonioag
        • Mar 2012

So what could be in terms of percentage risk for a client to be discovered? There is a difference in risk between the servers used by this site or server for free by friends?

Comment

• microchick
          Experienced Board Member
          • Apr 2012

No one would be able to tell you the exact percentage. The first person to be discovered is more likely to be the server. There would be a huge traffic on that particular ip. A server between a few friends is a lot more secure.
          Just try to play fair and safe.
          If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• faz17
            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by microchick
            No one would be able to tell you the exact percentage. The first person to be discovered is more likely to be the server. There would be a huge traffic on that particular ip. A server between a few friends is a lot more secure.
            Just try to play fair and safe.

I think the same ... but I think it also depends on where the servers geographically are and by the traffic they generate

Comment

• bokkie
              Experienced Board Member
              • Feb 2012

They will always go after the server first. All we can do is take a few precautions and enjoy this hobby of ours.

Comment

• vimmers
                Experienced Board Member
                • Jun 2010

Originally posted by msaeedpp
                bokkie wat precautions we can adopted r u mean to hide our ip or server ip if server ip is hidden then how our boxes will connect to the server through cline
                trough the username and password
                in server friends list

Comment

• bokkie
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Feb 2012

Originally posted by msaeedpp
                  bokkie wat precautions we can adopted r u mean to hide our ip or server ip if server ip is hidden then how our boxes will connect to the server through cline
                  You can use a vpn such as hide my ass.
                  Also can connect with 3g broadband, dependant on what king of 3g signal you get.
                  Try to pay the server in anonymous ways such as western union.
                  All these things could help keep you anonymous.

Comment

• thecrazybandit
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Jul 2012

i cannot see how they would come after the little man by tracing their ip address its the server they want to shut down

Comment

• pan1300
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by thecrazybandit
                      i cannot see how they would come after the little man by tracing their ip address its the server they want to shut down
                      Hi, me neither ; pretty sure it's possible, but also doubt they would. 'Hiding' IP may slow perhaps down, but if the authorities/government will search they will find what they're looking for ...

As said: no risk, no fun

Comment

• Yubious
                        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by thecrazybandit
                        Yeh the server ip isn't the issue I don't think, it's the traceable payments made to the supplier if they get raided, and as said previously verified PayPal payment accounts is the only way to pay the majority of servers.

Comment

• bokkie
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Yubious
                          Yeh the server ip isn't the issue I don't think, it's the traceable payments made to the supplier if they get raided, and as said previously verified PayPal payment accounts is the only way to pay the majority of servers.
                          I have a totally anonymous paypal account. I top it up with 3v vouchers bought with cash and only access the paypal account on my tablet via 3g so it can't be traced to my home.
                          Don't really want to discuss it on open forum.

Comment

• runmo
                            Experienced Board Member
                            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by bokkie
                            I have a totally anonymous paypal account. I top it up with 3v vouchers bought with cash and only access the paypal account on my tablet via 3g so it can't be traced to my home.

Don't really want to discuss it on open forum.
                            For more information use pm to contact bokkie, is indeed topic not to discuss in detail on forum. Thank you
                            runmo

Comment

• edin4o
                              • Aug 2011

In my country, even though that's not official, you can find cardsharing server offers in almost every PC shop...

Comment

• peter1351
                                • Jun 2012

what are the risks if i watch only different country providers such as holland and sly i will pay normally, do i face anything from uk police as i broke their lwas??

Comment

Working...