Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Skybox and Sly Broadband

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bokkie
    Experienced Board Member
    • Feb 2012

Re: Skybox and Sly Broadband

Sorry you haven't convinced me. By my reckoning, less than a quarter of the channels on vermin are sly channels. If sly went out of business, which I don't see happening in my lifetime, it would leave vermin with a few million more potential subscribers on both their cable and broadband platforms.
    But that's just my opinion.

Comment

• thecrazybandit
      Experienced Board Member
      • Jul 2012

If you read around the net it seems that it would be better to use another internet provider rather than sly when using c/s just to be on the safe side

Comment

• mahrkpat
        Experienced Board Member
        • Jun 2012

I still think if you are a client there is no need to worry and searching the internet
        has only shown that sly cancelled the cards that they thought were used for card
        sharing.
        Therefore it would be the servers who would have to take the greater security
        precautions.
        Being with vermin does reduce the risk:
        Notice that you dont have to be with a particular ISP to get caught by 'monitoring'. Pretty much every ISP has reciprocal agreements concerning data transit from other ISP's and data routes change frequently (thats how the internet works) so you can never guarantee that your data wont transit a particular ISP's data domain. Even if your with VM, there's nothing to guarantee that your data wont be routed via a sky network at some point, or vice-versa.
        Liked my post then push the sigpic button.

Comment

Working...