Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Skybox and Sly Broadband

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smithakp1
    • Nov 2012

Skybox and Sly Broadband

Hi,

I am using a Skybox F3 on sly broadband and it works fine. One of my mate told me it is dangerous to use Sly's broadband as they will know and that I might end up in trouble.

Is there anyone here using their broadband without any issues?

Pls advise
  • pan1300
    Experienced Board Member
    • Apr 2012

Re: Skybox and Sly Broadband

hi smithakp1

What exactly do you mean? While cardsharing or only for updating software?
    CS: No risk, no fun - I believe most of us use our broadband internet for this ...
    Can't check now, but search here for eg 'risks of cardsharing' or so, has been discussed in a long thread.

As been discussed: theoretically one can be found, but that's not so easy and needs lots of coordination between government, providers, ...

Comment

• bokkie
      Experienced Board Member
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by smithakp1
      Hi,

I am using a Skybox F3 on sly broadband and it works fine. One of my mate told me it is dangerous to use Sly's broadband as they will know and that I might end up in trouble.

Is there anyone here using their broadband without any issues?

Pls advise
      I was in the same position as you when I first started cs, I decided to change providers.
      Whilst in theory it would be hard to catch you out, you never know when they might have a clampdown and start monitoring.
      My advice is, change broadband providers.

Comment

• smithakp1
        • Nov 2012

I can understand that with CS risks are involved with any provider, but using Sly's broadband to watch Sly TV will be a problem or not is my question. Or do I need to change my broadband provider?

Comment

• bokkie
          Experienced Board Member
          • Feb 2012

I can understand that with CS risks are involved with any provider, but using Sly's broadband to watch Sly TV will be a problem or not is my question. Or do I need to change my broadband provider?
          Ummmm, thought I answered that.
          In my opinion, yes. Using sly broadband when cs is probably more risky as they have a reason to monitor for it.

Comment

• pan1300
            Experienced Board Member
            • Apr 2012

hi smithakp1

If you mean official subscription to sly uk, I don't see why there should be a problem or risk?

Comment

• smithakp1
              • Nov 2012

Not official subscription but bought a cline and using it through Skybox F3.

Is changing the settings by using a VPN provider like Unblock-us will help?

Comment

• microchick
                Experienced Board Member
                • Apr 2012

If you are using your sly card in your skybox F3, Its still fine. Only thing make it dangerous if you are using the same box for CS. Because all the boxes carry a unique MAC.
                For CS its usually adviseable to use another broadband, just to be on the safe side.
                If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• pan1300
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Apr 2012

hi smithakp1

in that case, I agree with microchick - as said in my post #2, give it a search here in the forum, risks in general have been widely discussed.

Comment

• bokkie
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Feb 2012

Not official subscription but bought a cline and using it through Skybox F3.

Is changing the settings by using a VPN provider like Unblock-us will help?
                    Much easier just to change broadband providers tbh. Vpn aren't free and you still wouldn't be 100% anonymous anyway.
                    I changed to vermin media, yes it is slightly more expensive than sly broadband, but still saving overall.

Comment

• toby69
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Oct 2011

why not take bit of time to search forum to help,

have a read here, subject mentioned before

>>http://www.satlover.eu/forum/satelli...rdsharing.html
                      Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• mahrkpat
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Jun 2012

We talked about security risks in a different thread but I personally do
                        not think having sly broadband will be a problem :

1. you are still a paying customer, you will get warning before anything
                        happens.
                        2.they are more likely to target servers than individuals.
                        3.if a hint of sly monitoring customers gets out they will lose customers.
                        4.lastly most of broadband providers are selling premium t.v content so
                        whats to stop them from monitoring you and trying to stop you getting
                        premium content for free.

ps I assume the same rules would apply regarding internet piracy
                        which are not coming into force until March 2014.

Draft code details new 'three strikes' policy for illegal
                        **********s, to come into effect from March 2014
                        source:__http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/jun/26/ofcom-outlines-anti-piracy-rules
                        Liked my post then push the sigpic button.

Comment

• bokkie
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Feb 2012

There are only 3 or 4 broadband providers I can think of that sell premium content tv.
                          Vermin media, sly UK, talk talk and bt, whilst there are dozens of broadband providers.
                          Vermin media would have no interest in cs anyway as it is not possible on cable since nagra 3.

Comment

• mahrkpat
                            Experienced Board Member
                            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by bokkie
                            There are only 3 or 4 broadband providers I can think of that sell premium content tv.
                            Vermin media, sly UK, talk talk and bt, whilst there are dozens of broadband providers.
                            Vermin media would have no interest in cs anyway as it is not possible on cable since nagra 3.
                            My point is if you are getting premium content from some where else
                            then you are not going to pay them to watch theirs and if it is illegal
                            it is in their best interest to stop you.
                            Liked my post then push the sigpic button.

Comment

• microchick
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by bokkie
                              My own thinking is that as Vermin don't have their own channels, they broadcast most of the sly channels via cable. If sly goes out of business, means vermin follows them automatically, so yes they will try and tackle down the CS.
                              If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

Working...