Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Total Noob URGENTLY needs your help in the right setup

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • masja
    • Apr 2012

Re: Total Noob URGENTLY needs your help in the right setup

Originally posted by cs4me
    hi guys,

this is my first post, so please accept my apologies if i don't make total sense or ask too many questions. i currently have a standard s?l?y box + mini dish, but i'm not subscribing - only freeview and don't have a card.

i want to get all the s?l?y package, but i'm not 100% sure what i additional equipment i need. As far as i have read, i need:-

1. A DVB-S receiver, for example a Dreambox with the necessary files/software on it
    2. A subscription to a server that provides the package. Will i also need my own card if i'm subscribing to a server????

My budget for the receiver is £150 MAX! The other questions i have are:-

1. Is the dreambox 800 HD the most highly recommended? If so, which one should i go for 800HD or SE? What is the difference?

2. Are DVB-S cards any good for CS if i got one for my media pc? Any downsides?

3. How can i avoid getting a faulty/fake/dodgy box? i.e what can you recommend that i watch out for? i.e. hardware or software version?

4. Who can you highly recommend i can buy the cheapest box from? Ebay? China? or someone else?

Thanks very much for all your help
    I highly reccomend you dreambox 500s.It's not manufacturing since 2006 but there are very good(and very cheap)clones on the market.Most of sellers claim that they have new,original dreambox 500s,but they are clones that looks like originals,AND THEY DO THE SAME JOB WITH SAME QUALITY AS ORIGINALS.The costs are from 40 to 50 euro.

Comment

• Triad
      Experienced Member
      • Jan 2012

Masja go for DM800 SE.

Comment

• cs4me
        • Mar 2012

Thanks majsa. Your a bit late as I've already got a vu duo.

Comment

Working...