Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Total Noob URGENTLY needs your help in the right setup

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cs4me
    • Mar 2012

Re: Total Noob URGENTLY needs your help in the right setup

hi guys,

I think I've got a BIG problem! I've ordered the vu+ duo from tina and paid her £180 yesterday early afternoon via paypal as she requested.

She said that as soon as she receives the payment on her paypal invoice request, (which WAS made almost instantly), she will get me a dhl delivery tracking number on the same day. As of today, I have still not received anything at all and i am not getting a response from her after sending her 2 emails.

I hope i have not been conned

HELP!

Comment

• sonc
      Experienced Board Member
      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Triad
      Also, there's much difference between Vu+ Duo recs and DM since, as I heard (correct me if I'm wrong), Vu don't have option of editing Cccam Cline which is must do in order for servers to work as they should!
      This is wrong. Vu+ receivers are enigma 2 receivers, same as DM, so have exactly the same functionality with regard cams, plugins, settings etc. etc.

Comment

• toby69
        Experienced Board Member
        • Oct 2011

perhaps she not at work for couple days, was your paypal done properly, as you state you have already before had some comunication with her, seems bokkie put you onto her and he had no problems at all.
        good luck keep trying, dont think you have been conned, if you think that cannot you stop your paypal payment?
        Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• digicon
          Experienced Board Member
          • Jun 2011

Dont panic they are always a few days late replying to emails and the like, I have had loads of them and never had a problem

Dont Worry

Comment

• cs4me
            • Mar 2012

Many thanks toby and digi for easing my mind a little.

The problem I have is that she said to me that if I pay her yesterday, she will immediately send the item and give me the tracking no the same day. She then sent me a paypal invoice, which I then paid. Since then I have received no reply.

Comment

• cs4me
              • Mar 2012

oh my god!

Look at what i've found here :-

dzproduct.com/2012/02/dont-deal-with-yao-xin-international-trading.htm[/url]

cs4me no live links please, read the rules, thanks

Comment

• runmo
                Experienced Board Member
                • Jun 2010

if this is true, and you don't get reaction on your last email, best for you is to contact paypall and explain situation, normally they can trace the money transaction so that you can get refund if rules are broken.
                good luck
                runmo

Comment

• cs4me
                  • Mar 2012

The only problem is that she simply asked for money and the invoice doesn't mention any item

Comment

• digicon
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Jun 2011

Mate your panicking over nothing first off i have had loads of boxes from Yaoxcin or Mixeshop as its now called and never had any trouble what so ever.

and plus dont forget your covered with paypal anyway just give it a few days, on one of my shipments the Duo was out of stock so had to wait an extra 3-4 days and sure enough around 4 days later got a shipment number.

Again dont panic and dont forget time zone issue's for a reply its night time in china at the moment.

Comment

• cs4me
                      • Mar 2012

thanks digicon. I spoke to paypal and they said that if i don't get a response from the seller by friday 6th april, then i should contact paypal for a refund.

sorry if i sound panicky mate, but its just that tina said that once i make a payment, she will immediately dispatch the item (before their qingming festival - 4th to 6th april) and give me the delivery tracking number immediately, but since i haven't got her response for a good few days, i have got very worried.

Comment

• runmo
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Jun 2010

That's the advantage with paypall, if problem refund is possible. Hope you'll get your receiver daw. Manwhile you had contact paypall and that's reinsuring as you know you'll get refund as you mentioned.
                        regards and good luck
                        runmo

Comment

• cs4me
                          • Mar 2012

Thanks runmo. She has replied today morning and has apologised for the delay and said that it was because of the festival. It seems she has only posted it today using DHL express delivery service...i doubt i'll get it by tomorrow...most likely it will now be approx tuesday next week due to good friday and monday bank holiday.

Whilst i'm waiting for the box to arrive, i need to know more info on what i can do when the box arrives...i.e:-

1. What software should be on the box?
                          2. How do i check the box she has given me is in good condition and has good signal strength to it?
                          3. Where do i get hold of the most stable or highly recommend server?
                          4. How do i get the server to work on the box?

Thanks again

Comment

• digicon
                            Experienced Board Member
                            • Jun 2011

You see nothing to worry about at all, Like i said i have never had any trouble from Tina when i order.

When you get the box check to see if it has a V2.0 sticker on it either on the top or Bottom if it has then it has already had the New Kernel 3.1.1 flashed to it so you can use any image you like on there.

Just a bit of advice if this is your first linux box i suggest while your waiting for it to arrive i suggest you read as many guides on the VU+ as you can that way you will be prepared from the offset.

Comment

• cs4me
                              • Mar 2012

thanks mate, i don't know how similar this box is to the nokia/sagem dbox2? Were they not also linux? If so, how much more different is this to them?

Also what about questions 3 & 4?

Comment

• sonc
                                Experienced Board Member
                                • Jun 2010

I think he already aswered that - do some reading for yourself. There is plenty of help on this forum for waht you want to do.

Be careful about advertising or promoting paid servers on Satlovers forum - there is a premium section if you are interested.

Comment

Working...