Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Total Noob URGENTLY needs your help in the right setup

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • digicon
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jun 2011

Re: Total Noob URGENTLY needs your help in the right setup

nearly the same as a Dbox2 as they both need an FTP program to access the machine, dont forget that VU+ are Enigma2 Linux and Dbox2 where Neutrino so the operating system and where certain files go are very different.

Comment

• cs4me
      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by sonc
      I think he already aswered that - do some reading for yourself. There is plenty of help on this forum for waht you want to do.

Be careful about advertising or promoting paid servers on Satlovers forum - there is a premium section if you are interested.
      I hope you don't mind me saying sonc mate, but i'm very new and confused to this and don't understand certain ways of getting a box to work...here are a few questions that i need answering:-

1. What is the difference between a paid & free server?
      2. What is c-line? Is it relevant to me?
      3. How do i get a server to work for me?
      4. How can i get a HIGHLY RECOMMENDED list of servers? do i subscribe to satlover premium or is that not necessary?

Maybe you can send me a PM with the answers?

Originally posted by digicon
      nearly the same as a Dbox2 as they both need an FTP program to access the machine, dont forget that VU+ are Enigma2 Linux and Dbox2 where Neutrino so the operating system and where certain files go are very different.
      Which UPTODATE noob guide or where do you recommend i look in order to get things working?

Comment

• runmo
        Experienced Board Member
        • Jun 2010

as sonc said before, you'll find answer to your questions on the forum when you look around. How and where to put c-line in for your receiver.
        Look for example in cccam section on the forum.

About servers : free are free and payed are payed and not necessary if you can have free one, seems logic!
        Satlover has both, your choise.
        Eaven access to extra free servers (servers 4, 2 and 1) when you've got enough usefull posts on your counter. Info enough on the website.

Easy to find the free ones and to try out. At the same time you will see what bouquets open.
        good luck
        runmo

Comment

• cs4me
          • Mar 2012

Thank you so much guys for reassuring me about tina! I have some very good news! Tina posted the item yesterday via DHL express and i have just got my brand new box! Wow! that was quick!

The box is very cold, some i'm giving it about an hour to warm up to room temperature, after which i'll switch it on and give it a quick test.

I'm suprised at the speed of delivery and haven't had the chance to look into anything at all...where do i start from? what do i need to do?

OH No! I've checked the vu+ duo and although it seems to be functioning okay, look at it's lcd, which seems to have been knocked out :-

I'm willing to live with that and will ask tina if she can discount it, if not i may then send it back

Also i don't know how to check for kernel version, but i went into the information menu and found this info:-

Black hole version: Jan 8 2012-vuplus_experimental
          Image: Blackhole 1.7.0

Frontprocessor version: 0
          Detected NIMs:
          Tuner A: BCM7335 DVB-S2 NIM (internal) (DVB-S2)
          Tuner B: BCM7335 DVB-S2 NIM (internal) (DVB-S2)

Detected HDD:
          none

Comment

• bokkie
            Experienced Board Member
            • Feb 2012

I'm on holiday at the moment so this is the first time I've checked in for a few days. The LCD falling out is a common problem as it gets bashed around in transit. You can just open it up yourself and slot it back in place. If you're installing a HDD you can do so at the same time.
            As for the kernal I'm not sure if it's done as 1.7.2 is the latest blackhole version which needs the kernal 3.1.1 update. I'd do it just to be sure. Only takes a minute to do.
            I think they have a version 2 sticker on them if they have been updated with the kernal.

Comment

• cs4me
              • Mar 2012

thanks bokkie. As far as i know, 1.7.0 image is kernel 3.1.1. This is what another forum post says:-

https://**http://www.vuplus-communit...l-backup.4709/

Is it worth updating to a newer version or shall i stick with 1.7.0?

Comment

• digicon
                Experienced Board Member
                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by cs4me
                thanks bokkie. As far as i know, 1.7.0 image is kernel 3.1.1. This is what another forum post says:-

https://**http://www.vuplus-communit...l-backup.4709/

Is it worth updating to a newer version or shall i stick with 1.7.0?

if your running 1.7.0 then its already had the update to Kernel 3.1.1 if you want the server tuners and later drivers then upgrade to 1.7.2

Comment

• bokkie
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Feb 2012

I had blackhole 1.7.2 on my Vu+ but thought I'd give ViX 2.3 (Linux 3.1.1)- Build 204 a try. I prefer it to the Blackhole 1.7.2. Better epg and I find it more user friendly for a noob. Backup your blackhole and give it a try.

Comment

• cs4me
                    • Mar 2012

thanks very much guys. I used a c-line and all works okay...the only issue i have is that sometimes the picture freezes or there is a slight glitch. The problem is not on my side as i'm on a 50mb connection and everything is hardwired on a gigabit connection.

Also I do like blackhole, but it's way too complicated. But my biggest issue is the fact that it's got a parental control feature, but many advanced features are still available for kids to mess about.

What is Vix image like? Does it have better parental control features?

God i miss the good old days when dbox2 had images which allowed a user to hide almost every menu, other than the very basic...why can't we do that with these images?

Comment

• sonc
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Jun 2010

Glad you're up and running ok

The freezing will most likely be down to how busy the server is rather than a problem at your end.

The parental lock is a feature of enigma2 so I think you will find it's pretty much the same on Vix as it is on BH.

Comment

• cs4me
                        • Mar 2012

Thanks sonc mate...the blackhole img allows me to lock channels and services, but why not settings?

Surely there must be an image (genuine vu or not) that protects or hides advanced settings...otherwise kids can everytime disable ccam or rescan or delete files

Comment

• digicon
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Jun 2011

Welcome to the wonderful world of E2 Linux like you said its not as customisable as neutrino if you wanted to run a neutrino image then there is still a commando image out that works.

But and its a Big But commando only works on Enigma1 receiver and in particular a Dm500s and thats it.

Comment

• Triad
                            Experienced Member
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Triad
                            Originally Posted by Triad View Post
                            Also, there's much difference between Vu+ Duo recs and DM since, as I heard (correct me if I'm wrong), Vu don't have option of editing Cccam Cline which is must do in order for servers to work as they should!

Originally posted by sonc
                            This is wrong. Vu+ receivers are enigma 2 receivers, same as DM, so have exactly the same functionality with regard cams, plugins, settings etc. etc.
                            m8, glad that I'm wrong then! any contents of the CCcam.cfg file is editable with windows notepad or notepad++, so ok.

cs4you, also good to hear your dhl delivery got it's wings!

Comment

• sonc
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Jun 2010

Originally posted by cs4me
                              Thanks sonc mate...the blackhole img allows me to lock channels and services, but why not settings?

Surely there must be an image (genuine vu or not) that protects or hides advanced settings...otherwise kids can everytime disable ccam or rescan or delete files
                              What I'd suggest is running BH Personal Backup from the main menu which backs up almost everything even the root password, so if things get messed up (or when you upgrade the BH image) you can reflash the BH image and then restore the backup in a matter of minutes.

It also makes trying out new images very easy, as you know you can revert to your original setup really easily.

Comment

• digicon
                                Experienced Board Member
                                • Jun 2011

If your going to do that then you might as well save time and do a full backup in blackhole saves having to flash blackhole image back on and then your own personal backup. The full backup can be flashed in one go and thats it.

Comment

Working...