Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Total Noob URGENTLY needs your help in the right setup

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peremacedonia
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jun 2010

Re: Total Noob URGENTLY needs your help in the right setup

I was heard that dm 500hd is good reciver.Any sugestions?
    Rule n.33 kid..... Concentrate

Comment

• toby69
      Experienced Board Member
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DirtyDonki
      Don't go clone. One bricking session and you'll be buying a new one and wished you'd bought the real thing in the first place which would have been cheaper to boot.

I know. I've been there, done it & got the T shirt.
      many reports that clones very good, but look at satellite boxes like cars, years ago you could buy a (copy) over head camshaft for cortinas, originals made by ford were always better than copies.
      Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• bokkie
        Experienced Board Member
        • Feb 2012

Lol, i used to make those camshafts. The genuine ford one's
        Clones are in effect theft. Vu+ and dream multimedia put all the research and investment in to develop the product. Then someone takes it apart and copies it.
        Of course they can do it cheaper as they have much lower development costs.
        But i'm afraid in the real world, money matters.
        If i can get close to the same product for £100 less, i'll take it!

Comment

• cs4me
          • Mar 2012

Just sent an email to Tina, asking her to give me the prices for the dm800se and the vu+ solo. Lets hope its a good price.

Thanks again!

Comment

• bokkie
            Experienced Board Member
            • Feb 2012

Can't go wrong with either of those buddy.
            If you buy one, take the time waiting for it to arrive to read up on what to do once you receive it.
            Read up on how to flash image, setup receiver, edit and install bouquet and setup cccam.
            I did it all last night in about half an hour, and that was my first time.
            just make sure you research everything before doing it.
            These linux boxes take a bit of getting used to, but well worth it in the end.

Comment

• cs4me
              • Mar 2012

Thanks bokkie...i've had a very quick reply from tina.but does it sound expensive?

" thanks my friend for your feedback . 1. The dreambox 800HD SE Rev M tuner (Sim 2.10) (I DON'T NEED WIFI OR TRIPLE TUNER). 1pcs, 230usd with dhl fee

2. The VU+ Solo 1pcs, 185usd with dhl fee."

Also, which shall I go for?

Comment

• bokkie
                Experienced Board Member
                • Feb 2012

Support wise the dm800se is best. But as you can see the solo is slightly cheaper.
                go to aliexpress and check the corresponding prices. Don't think there will be much differnce though.
                Think it's about £110 for the solo and £155 for the dm800se delivered.

Comment

• cs4me
                  • Mar 2012

What about reliability, hardware, picture/signal quality and features wise? Which one is better?

Comment

• bokkie
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Feb 2012

I couldn't compare like for like as i've only ever had a vu+ duo.
                    i think there's no t a lot between them. There's a reason that they are both so pooular.
                    in fact i'd hazard a guess that the dm800se and vu+ are probably the biggest selling linux rceivers.
                    i chose the vu+ duo because i wanted a twin tuner. If i wanted a single tuner, i would have got the dm800se.

Comment

• sataday
                      Board Senior Member
                      • Dec 2011

Saw this on another site.

Caution! Vu+ Clone

Dear partners and Customers,
                      Vu+, unarguably the leading supplier of Linux based set top box, works relentlessly to make sure the utmost quality that you expect us to achieve. This has been the integral part of the whole operations in developing and manufacturing.
                      However, we recently learned that a clone of Vu+ SOLO could now be traded through illegal transaction routes from China. In responding to this grave situation, we assure you that we will take all possible legal measures to ensure that such pirated copies of Vu+ products be not traded freely. Furthermore, we have already begun a technical process via which to upgrade the algorithm of system security implemented in all Vu+ products soon.
                      When this upgrade is put into place, no pirated copies of Vu+ products will work. While we sincerely ask for your unilateral support in dealing with this serious matter, let us state the following aspects so that you can inform those who might be interested in Vu+ clones.
                      1.No software update will be possible.
                      2.The hardware stability of clone is very questionable.
                      3.No repair support will be offered for clone boxes.
                      We would be sincerely grateful if you send us email (support@vuplus.com) on any information regarding how these clones are actually traded by whom. We believe that fighting against pirated copies of Vu+ products is not just for the benefit of Vu+ only but also for all customers of Vu+ as a whole. Thus, we once again wish for your unilateral support.

Best regards,

Vu+ TEAM

Comment

• bokkie
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Feb 2012

The measures they took were counteracted when ferrari team released the kernal 3.1.1 update. So we're safe for now.
                        i think most vu+ clones bought now have the kernal update already, so safe to use any image.
                        That is one advantage of vu+ over dm800. You can use original image instead of patched image.

Comment

• cs4me
                          • Mar 2012

thanks for the informative post sataday and bokkie..

i have some good news...tina says that she can do me a:-

VU Duo for 285 dollar (approx £180).
                          or
                          DM800 SE for 230 dollar (approx £144).

Oh its so difficult....i'm thinking if its worth paying the extra £36 for the vu duo, so long as its stable and i don't have any major issues such as picture problems or heat issues and can handle full hd, oh and that you guys will help me set it up first time?

Comment

• bokkie
                            Experienced Board Member
                            • Feb 2012

I know which one i would go for. If you think you'll use the second tuner in future, that is a good price.
                            If you go for the duo ask if it's had the kernal 3.1.1 update.
                            If not it's easy enough to do yourself.
                            I'm off on holiday today so won't be around much for a couple weeks. But i'm more than happy to offer any help/advice i can when i return.
                            can't go wrong with either of those boxes.
                            Good luck.

Comment

• digicon
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Jun 2011

You would be very silly not to pay the extra £36 for the Duo i have both clones Duo & 800se and the Duo feels the better of the two build wise and look at it this way if you get the Duo you will never have to worry about if you ever need a second feed from your dish as its already there.

Duo all the way.

Comment

• Triad
                                Experienced Member
                                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by cs4me
                                thanks for the informative post sataday and bokkie..

i have some good news...tina says that she can do me a:-

VU Duo for 285 dollar (approx £180).
                                or
                                DM800 SE for 230 dollar (approx £144).

Oh its so difficult....i'm thinking if its worth paying the extra £36 for the vu duo, so long as its stable and i don't have any major issues such as picture problems or heat issues and can handle full hd, oh and that you guys will help me set it up first time?
                                I don't know where are infos on picture problems on 801A M-tuner which is superior to J, K and L tuners in DM800 HD PVR and DM800 SE as well.
                                These new DM800 SE with M tuners doesn't have problems at all with heating too much and with signal reception. Even had much better reception changing it myself yesterday...
                                CHECK Here

Also, there's much difference between Vu+ Duo recs and DM since, as I heard (correct me if I'm wrong), Vu don't have option of editing Cccam Cline which is must do in order for servers to work as they should!
                                There's whole know hows on how to boost your Cline and Cccam.prio file so that u could get quite good reception ecm's.
                                If above is correct for Vu, then DM is whole jump further then VU.

Normally, all recs that got their fame through recent decade old history got their rightful place in it too, so it's to expect that some Chinese grin smiley faces would copy this and that rec...
                                The same is happening with already famous V+ DUo since quality of making is for steps more better then DM SE.
                                DAMN, the best option by my humble opinion is not SE, not DUO, but DM800 HD PVR original from Dream Multimedia itself. Have been quite lucky of getting it some few years ago!

But, cs4me, don't be distrusted of VU recs, as my inputs are concerned. It's just opinion of DM user, nothing else.
                                If it's VU feeling and passion that guides you, go for it and don't turn back!
                                DM is for some users that want more in CS process of their recs, not just viewing.

Comment

Working...