Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

DM800 Flashing firmware by Browser

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peremacedonia
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jun 2010

DM800 Flashing firmware by Browser

Flashing a new firmware by Browser

What you need to flash
    You need the image file you want to flash. Image files have the extension *.nfi. You can't flash other
    images like *.img files. Don't try it - it won't work.
    You need either a DHCP server, a configured bootloader or a serial cable and a terminal program
    like HyperTerm.
    You need a browser, and a network cable. If you connect the Dreambox directly to the PC,
    you need a cross cable, if you connect trough a switch/hub/router you need a normal
    (non-cross) cable.
    To flash a new image, you can use the second stage loader. It must be present and not broken.
    The following steps assume you have a DHCP server.
    If you don't have one, you have to setup an IP address in the bootloader's serial setup.

- Power down the Dreambox, either using "shutdown" and by removing the power connector.
    Standby is not enough!

- (1.) Press and hold the power button. Replug the power connector into the Dreambox.
    - (3.) A text "*** STOP ***" should appear. Now you can release the button.
    The bootloader entered the "waiting" mode.
    - (4.) Above the "*** STOP ***" text, there should appear an IP-address
    (four decimal values with a dot in between). If there appears the string "dhcp" instead,
    the box still searches for a DHCP server. Wait a bit. If it doesn't change, something doesn't
    work with the DHCP server. Check wether network cable is plugged in etc. If it just doesn't
    work, set an IP using the serial terminal

- Now, open a browser on your PC.
    (1.) enter in the address line "http://ip/" (where ip must be replaced with the value in the LCD).
    - (2.) on the bottom of the page, there's a link called "firmware upgrade". Click it.

- On the next page, you can select the flash image you want to flash. be sure that it has the ".nfi" extension.
    You can't flash other images (like .img)!
    - Click on "FLASH!" and wait. It might take some time to upload and flash the image.
    - Switch the box off again, and on again. The new image should be flashed and working.
    Rule n.33 kid..... Concentrate
  • princeatif
    • Oct 2012

Re: DM800 Flashing firmware by Browser

HI All,

I got Dm800se with A8P sim. i was trying to flash something went wrong and now my dm800se is saying error no CA Found. then i tried to flash with sunry flash and dream flash up connect my usb cable and network cable it pick up my decoder but after that it just freeze nothing happen it does not giving me option to flash or to web browser to flash please help me out its very new box

Comment

• gianni253
      Experienced Board Member
      • Nov 2012

If your error says "no CA found" it simply means you didn't use the right image to flash.
      Anyway your bootloader is still ok, so you can reflash from web browser with the same technique described in post #1.
      If your sim is a8p you should use original images (non patched) for dm800.

Comment

• kalpikos
        Experienced Board Member
        • Sep 2011

Hi princeatif

The massage you got is because you tried to flash with wrong image for your receiver.
        Your box should be flashed only with original images.
        If your box has a mini flash button on the back , push it to begin the procedure of flashing.
        If you don't have the flash button you should press the power button on the front until the IP to be appeared on the lcd screen when you will start the receiver with the black power button on the back.
        Use the usb cable to flash with a new image.
        Also you can use the DreamUP to flash your box with traditional method.
        Remember to have the right usb drivers on your pc in order your receiver can be seen by your pc.
        If You Like My Post..... Please Press the Thanks Button

Comment

• saterno
          • Aug 2012

Hi,

it works great.
          I have done this 3 times

By By

Comment

• John R
            • Apr 2013

hi guys
            ive got a dreambox 800hd clone that needs re flashing but I cannot do it over the internet how do I do it without the internet
            Cheers John
            ps also whats the best image for my clone box

Comment

• gianni253
              Experienced Board Member
              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by John R
              hi guys
              ive got a dreambox 800hd clone that needs re flashing but I cannot do it over the internet how do I do it without the internet
              Cheers John
              Just follow instructions on post #1.
              About image, you have to choose a patched image that matches the security sim of your box

Comment

• rizwan
                Experienced Board Member
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by John R
                hi guys
                Cheers John
                But you should Connect your Box to PC with router or any Home network, In your case, it seems flashing with browser not work
                Vu+ Solo2
                Dream Box 800HD,
                Neotion 3000, Skystar2, PTCL IPTV
                HP LCD W2338h
                Samsung LED 40 C5000

Comment

• digicon
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Jun 2011

If you cannot flash the 800 via the browser then you will need null modem cable and patched version of Dreamup to re-flash the receiver

Comment

• kalpikos
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Sep 2011

For me, it's more save to use the mini usb cable, than the flashing via browser.
                    Search for the right image depends on the sim you have and use the usb with the appropriate drivers to flash your box.

Comment

• naiarty
                      • Apr 2010

I think first you try reflash the same image wich last time work with one null modem cable and one patched program for reflashing(dream up by forhike and natas)After that you must know wich sim do you have and wich bootloader and then you can instal one dream elite version.

Comment

• kalpikos
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by naiarty
                        I think first you try reflash the same image wich last time work with one null modem cable and one patched program for reflashing(dream up by forhike and natas)After that you must know wich sim do you have and wich bootloader and then you can instal one dream elite version.
                        I agree with you , dear naiarty

You have to flash with the right image for your sim card and also for the bootloader you have.
                        Flashing with the wrong bootloader can cause the "no CA found" error.
                        So, the best safe way to fix this error is to flash again with the latest working that you had.

Comment

• jarraz
                          • Nov 2011

I have flashed by the browsner 100 time no problem now i have the new opentv image ssl84D and it works very well (clone 800hd pvr)

Comment

Working...