Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

small lightest DM800HD Image

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coley65
    • Sep 2013

small lightest DM800HD Image

Hi all
    At the moment I am using openpli and have used in the past newnigma images now I am wondering if there are any images that when are installed take up less space and use less resources. If any what do you recomend rember the maxvar images for the DM500.

Failing that what can I get rid of when openpli is install to acheive what I said up above.

Thanks
    Coley
    Dreambox DM800HD Runnining Openpli Orbit 1m Dish with a Inverto Black Ultra LNB, Technomate TM-2600 diseqc motor
  • vimmers
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jun 2010

Re: small lightest DM800HD Image

since the 800hd have more space/memory i don't think there are a max/var
    but you can get rid of plugins you don't use
    but why not invest in a usb/stick and move var to there

Comment

• kalpikos
      Experienced Board Member
      • Sep 2011

Hi coley65

I agree with vimmers.
      You don't need a maxvar version and I'm sure that don't exists maxvar version for dm800.
      The only you can do is to get rid of the unnecessary plugins, cams and others.
      Also you can use a usb stick for picons and other files that occupy a lot of space or even you can install a HDD.
      If You Like My Post..... Please Press the Thanks Button

Comment

• coley65
        • Sep 2013

Thanks for the input I had 2mb free space left on my openpli dm800hd before I had constant wheel spinning action and just felt really slugish. That what lead to the question above.

I thought I would try newnigma but could not connect to their servers well I could but it was so slow. So I binned it off.

I have reinstalled the latest openpli for my box the only thing I have installed on it is cccam. I am not bothered about picons channel lists and other plugins. I want to keep it light and tight.

Problem is I can not get near the thing because my 2 boys are on fifa 14 on the xbox

So is there anything I can get rid of that would be running in the background to free up some resources

I sorted out a dm500hd for my m8 and that is fast as hell or is it all down to proccessor speed

Thanks again
        Coley
        Dreambox DM800HD Runnining Openpli Orbit 1m Dish with a Inverto Black Ultra LNB, Technomate TM-2600 diseqc motor

Comment

• sjamesamuel
          Board Senior Member
          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by vimmers
          but why not invest in a usb/stick and move var to there
          Is there a tutorial for moving var to usb?

Comment

• coley65
            • Sep 2013

Just had a look round the net and there is a plugin called daz freeze but looks a right pain in the bum to install. dont know if it works or not

Comment

• coley65
              • Sep 2013

I have to say science I put the latest pliimage on it today without anything else it seems to be running a lot better now. I still would like to know if there are any services I could stop/units though

Comment

• kalpikos
                Experienced Board Member
                • Sep 2011

If I were you, I didn't stop any service, because I don't know what I'm doing.

If you are sure what you are doing and you know what exactly a service can do and also if you need it or not... then you can do it.
                If You Like My Post..... Please Press the Thanks Button

Comment

• coley65
                  • Sep 2013

So you think I should leave it be. You are right I dont know what I am doing so I will take your advice at this stage at least it is working a lot better now.

Thanks
                  Coley

Comment

Working...