Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

My First Dreambox

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • undegtri
    • Dec 2012

My First Dreambox

Hi All,
    I've been reading lots on these forums over the past few days and I think its given me the bug. I really want a Dreambox again, so I was just wondering if you had any ideas on what's the best all rounder to buy? I'm probably going to be using it on a fixed dish set-up.

Cheers
    ***UNDEGTRI***
  • bokkie
    Experienced Board Member
    • Feb 2012

Re: My First Dreambox

If you want a dreambox single tuner then the dm800 se is the one to get.
    What is your budget? I would always recommend vu+ over dreambox, but that's probably because I have one.
    If you want twin tuner then vu+ is definately the way to go!

Comment

• toby69
      Experienced Board Member
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by undegtri
      Hi All,
      I've been reading lots on these forums over the past few days and I think its given me the bug. I really want a Dreambox again, so I was just wondering if you had any ideas on what's the best all rounder to buy? I'm probably going to be using it on a fixed dish set-up.

Cheers
      ***UNDEGTRI***

welcome undegtri

everyone will have there own opinion, said boxes are both good tools, but must stress, get motorised or you will miss a lot, works wonders if your into footy for sports on other sats,
      Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• undegtri
        • Dec 2012

If i'm honest I've had experience of the original DM7020 before and i've just configured that for someone else, but I found a lots of the channels on 13E are now HD, wow how times change aye.

My experience goes right back to analogue and watching tv1000 all those years ago. I'd really like to get back into it just wondering whats the best way to go...?

Whats the vu+ then?

Comment

• pan1300
          Experienced Board Member
          • Apr 2012

hi undegtri

as said by toby: everyone has his personal opinion, perhaps you should look at this thread for some ideas: _http://www.satlover.eu/forum/satellite-hardware/20886-the-most-loved-box-of-all-times.html?highlight=%2Abest%2Areceiver%2A

Comment

• youngjeezy
            • Dec 2012

undertasnd, buying original will work for a long time, no use, as new strong model comes every year, try a clone, but with famous history, from at least 2005. good luck.
            jepssen st4-hd: aljazeera sport & bis
            Non eliminate i miei post, io non voglio nessuna c-line gratis!

Comment

• microchick
              Experienced Board Member
              • Apr 2012

People change thier receivers often. Doesn't matter how much you spend on it there will be something nicer and powerefull out in few months and then you would want to make the existing one a "Spare Room" box. But good to buy origional.
              If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• digicon
                Experienced Board Member
                • Jun 2011

I would have to agree with bokkie here the most popular single tuner DM at the moment is the 800se it has a wealth of support, I know what people are saying abuot the VU's but dream just took it to another level and there receivers now run OE 2.0 where as the rest like VU, Gigablue, Xtrend etc.. are all still running OE 1.6 even the flagship Solo2 is still on 1.6

Comment

• kostis
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Nov 2012

Most important i thing are the money you are willing to spend. Like most times you get what you paid for. Just be aware that most channels are going HD and now some of them HD 3D so i you own a 3D TV you should get an HD receiver.
                  If my post was useful, please, use "Thanks" button

Comment

• undegtri
                    • Dec 2012

Wow thanks for the advice guys, I looked at the VU+ boxes yesterday and I think I'll stick with the Dreambox option. I'm not sure that I want to spend top wack yet as I'm just getting back into things, but the 800SE looks good at around £125, just to check this wouldn't be a fake at that price would it?

Comment

• pan1300
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Apr 2012

hi

hmmm

see also _http://www.satlover.eu/forum/dreambox-discussion-only/46080-wanting-a-dreambox.html

for £125 you won't find a new original db

completely agree with kostis (again): definitely go for a HD receiver - 3D didn't impress me at all (had this discussion here somewhere before). Choice is up to you. I suggest you do some reading here about the different pros and contras between the most popular brands/types.

Good luck anyway!

Comment

• undegtri
                        • Dec 2012

Cheers Pan you are right the SE model is around the £160 mark. There is an option to select though asking between DVB-C Tuner or DVB-S Tuner on the DM800 HD SE

What does this mean?

Comment

• gianni253
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Nov 2012

Wow thanks for the advice guys, I looked at the VU+ boxes yesterday and I think I'll stick with the Dreambox option. I'm not sure that I want to spend top wack yet as I'm just getting back into things, but the 800SE looks good at around £125, just to check this wouldn't be a fake at that price would it?
                          It's a reasonable price for a clone.
                          My advice is also to check the sim on board (2.10 is good but there are also sims that allows you to flash original - non patched images) and tuner (my preference is for Alps Rev. M).

Comment

• undegtri
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by gianni253
                            It's a reasonable price for a clone.
                            My advice is also to check the sim on board (2.10 is good but there are also sims that allows you to flash original - non patched images) and tuner (my preference is for Alps Rev. M).
                            I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links to e-commerce sites on here, I know its frowned upon in some forums. But this is what I'm looking at:

*** SORRY ****

I'm fine with the software side of things, but hardware is another story with me so it would be fantastic to get your thoughts on if this is genuin and if you think its a good box to get me started again.

Comment

• pan1300
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Apr 2012

Cheers Pan you are right the SE model is around the £160 mark. There is an option to select though asking between DVB-C Tuner or DVB-S Tuner on the DM800 HD SE

What does this mean?
                              hi undegtri

first of all: I advise you to change asap the live link in your post#14 -> really not allowed here!

DVB-T = terrestrial tuner
                              DVB-S = satellite tuner - make sure you have a DVB-S2 -> also for MPEG4 and HD channels!
                              btw: DVB-C = cable tuner

Comment

Working...