Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

DM800 DVI-HDMI Audio?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bazinga
    Experienced Member
    • Aug 2011

DM800 DVI-HDMI Audio?

This has been bugging me for a while, I dont have a HD TV at the moment but I will eventually buy one so at the moment Im using SD TV with Scart.

The DVI to HDMI lead doesn't carry audio so how do you sort out audio. do all new flat screen TV's have optical input? if they do then I guess that will work.
    DM800HD Clone Satellite
    VU+ Duo Genuine
    SlingBox Pro HD / Sling Player - Fibrelink

Oh Enigma2, You're my favourite linux based operating system.
  • digicon
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jun 2011

Re: DM800 DVI-HDMI Audio?

Originally posted by shiplu
    This has been bugging me for a while, I dont have a HD TV at the moment but I will eventually buy one so at the moment Im using SD TV with Scart.

The DVI to HDMI lead doesn't carry audio so how do you sort out audio. do all new flat screen TV's have optical input? if they do then I guess that will work.

The DM800HD does carry audio over the DVI connection, That is why they supply you with a DVI to HDMI cable. many people think that DVI cannot carry audio but it can its just that many of the first generation HDTV's which have DVI do not allow the audio to be carried over.

You only need to have a look at the earlier computer graphics cards from the likes of ATI that only had the early DVI connection and a VGA connection but they carried audio over the DVI connector as well.

Hope this helps

Comment

• Bazinga
      Experienced Member
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by digicon
      The DM800HD does carry audio over the DVI connection, That is why they supply you with a DVI to HDMI cable. many people think that DVI cannot carry audio but it can its just that many of the first generation HDTV's which have DVI do not allow the audio to be carried over.

You only need to have a look at the earlier computer graphics cards from the likes of ATI that only had the early DVI connection and a VGA connection but they carried audio over the DVI connector as well.

Hope this helps
      Hi digicon

i was so surprised about this information so I wanted to test this myself, so I got out my projector that supports HDMI Audio and plugged it in via DVI-HDMI and no audio came out of the projector, Video was ok but no audio. I know the my projector supports HDMI audio as I have tested it with an xbox360. is there something that im doing wrong? my dm800 is a clone and its brand new.
      DM800HD Clone Satellite
      VU+ Duo Genuine

Comment

• alfred_1
        Banned
        • Dec 2010

Listen the DB 800HD does carry Audio from DVI>HDMI because its Custom made (by DreamMultiMedia) for that.

I have been using this System on my Dreamboxes from the begining and I never had any problem.

Comment

• whinpo
          • Jul 2011

searching on inet, some sources confirm without doubt what digicon says...
          for example : -http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/digital-tv-recorders/dreambox-dm800hd-490902/review
          The latter – the only way of getting hi-def pictures out of the receiver – is an odd choice as everyone else has moved over to HDMI. DVI doesn't normally cater for audio, but with the supplied DVI-HDMI cable our Sony HD-Ready TV yielded sound as well as pictures.

Comment

• satman72
            Experienced Board Member
            • Jun 2010

Be sure to use the original cable in bundle with receiver, other DVI/HDMI cables can not work!
            Just click on thanks button if my post has helped you
            Don't send me cline requests, technical or premium server questions in PM! I'll not answer!

Comment

• Bazinga
              Experienced Member
              • Aug 2011

This is so surprising to me that DVI can carry Audio, I finally got it work after hours of pressing buttons, all I had to do was go to A/V Settings and change the Video output to DVI. a very confusing setting system and I was confused when video was working and not the sound.

[SOLVED]
              DM800HD Clone Satellite
              VU+ Duo Genuine

Comment

Working...