Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Warning scam

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thecrazybandit
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jul 2012

Re: Warning scam

I found the only way to stop these scams was to have caller display if i dont now the number i will not answer it if its important they will leave a message

Comment

• gcms
      Board Senior Member
      • Aug 2012

[QUOTE=thecrazybandit;245741]I found the only way to stop these scams was to have caller display if i dont now the number i will not answer it if its important they will leave a message[/QUOTE]

thecrazybandit there are some countries in the world that there are still the caller id is not installed on the landlines how will they know that who is calling these things always happen in the world now a days once i ve recived a call who was speeking in my native land the person was telling me that a big prize is waiting for u bit before reciving the prize u must submit the said amonut to the adreeshe told me when i asked my friend in that country about the adress and the said office which was not present there these r the tactices they are using to snatch the money from the people so be aware of such people good luck

Comment

• microchick
        Experienced Board Member
        • Apr 2012

How about the text messages. Saying " Compensation is waiting for you for the accident you had. Call this number or text back" Got a few of them on my phone.
        If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• thecrazybandit
          Experienced Board Member
          • Jul 2012

I think its the old story if it sounds to good to be true then there a good chance it is

Comment

• microchick
            Experienced Board Member
            • Apr 2012

They are all tergetting "oldies" like us. Don't forget to mention "Wonga". Brits member will know what it is.
            If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• mahrkpat
              Experienced Board Member
              • Jun 2012

I got a newspaper given free by a bus company and it had an article
              warning about a malware which is increasing it is called Ransomware,
              when your computer gets infected a notice comes up like it is from the
              police authority of what ever country the user of the pc is.

The malware locks the pc so that normal usage of the computer is
              prevented or documents encrypted and a fee is demanded from the user
              to free the pc, they try to embarrass the pc user into paying by suggesting
              that they had visited websites that they shouldn't have and thats
              why the pc got locked.

Never fall for this there will always be ways to get back in control of
              your system if you pay these criminals will increase the problems, if
              you want to read the full article I have found a link to it.

__http://metro.co.uk/2012/12/13/ransomware-the-new-cyber-threat-taking-your-computer-hostage-3314278/
              Liked my post then push the sigpic button.

Comment

• sossenheim-ffm
                • Oct 2012

I read last week in the newspaper that a 90 years old men bought a laptop.
                Next day he became a call and the person on the phone said that he was the men from the shop and he said that the men paid too much and will become some money back.
                The old men gave him his creditcard number and 5600€ were gone.
                No he contacted a lawyer.
                Will see what happens now
                If I helped you please press thanks button!

Comment

• microchick
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Apr 2012

People are getting some kind of quotes for skype made from somewehere in Nigeria. Its straight away asking for money and giving you a quote like you have ordered something on skype account. Beware!

Comment

• gcms
                    Board Senior Member
                    • Aug 2012

here in pakistan people get sms from some asking him that u ve plot in a lucky draw please make proceesing fee for u are plot and asking for the amount about 20000 or 30000 and so maney people are make fool and their money was gone

Comment

• mahrkpat
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Jun 2012

[QUOTE=gcms;256547]here in pakistan people get sms from some asking him that u ve plot in a lucky draw please make proceesing fee for u are plot and asking for the amount about 20000 or 30000 and so maney people are make fool and their money was gone[/QUOTE]

Similar one in the U.K. is winning the euro lottery that you never
                      entered and you have to give admin fee before you can get your
                      winnings.

It is surprising how many people are foolish enough to believe and
                      part with their money.

A report also stated if you get fooled once then your name will go on
                      a list which be circulated among scammers and you will be more
                      likely to be continually targeted.

Comment

• mouloufi
                        • Nov 2010

if somebody tel you that you win something and you havent participate at any sort of lotery, it is automaticly that you have win the right to be "swindle"
                        be carful

Comment

• Mobley3
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Jun 2012

My Sister used to get about 3 cold calls a week usually from overseas with phone numbers disabled, this went on for about 7 months until I sorted it out with judicious use of a Klaxton horn into the mouthpiece, strangely enough she never got many after that. Maybe not a solution for some but it does discourage repeat calls.

Regards Mobley3

mobley3

Comment

• mahrkpat
                            Experienced Board Member
                            • Jun 2012

Officers within the Metropolitan Police Service have put together The
                            Little Book of Big Scams, a guide explaining some of the most common
                            scams and how to avoid them.

__http://www.fsa.gov.uk/static/pubs/consumer_info/mps-littlebook_bigscams2.pdf

FSA have also got 10 tips protect yourself:

__http://www.fsa.gov.uk/consumerinformation/scamsandswindles/safe/investment

Comment

• microchick
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Apr 2012

[B]Fake Paypal website via emails:[/B]
                              People who have an account with paypal are fooled easily with this.
                              [IMG]http://www.satlover.eu/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=75149&stc=1&d=1355581265[/IMG]

Dear PayPal
                              Member,

As part of our security measures, we regularly screen activity in the
                              PayPal system. We recently contacted you after noticing an issue on your
                              account.We requested information from you for the following reason:
                              We have reason to believe that your account was accessed by a third
                              party. Because protecting the security of your account is our primary
                              concern, we have limited access to sensitive PayPal account features. We
                              understand that this may be an inconvenience but please understand that
                              this temporary limitation is for your protection.

Case ID Number: PP-157-769-503
                              To restore your Account Access click on the link below:
                              (Link is removed due to security reasons)
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Mobley3
                                Experienced Board Member
                                • Jun 2012

I received one of these about a year ago. I phoned Paypal and asked them about it and
                                sent them a copy of the email, it really did look genuine so I was happy I checked it out instead of just clicking on the link, so easy to do so.

Regards Mobley3

mobley3

Comment

Working...