Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

The evolution of Windows from its beginnings to date

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bokkie
    Experienced Board Member
    • Feb 2012

Re: The evolution of Windows from its beginnings to date

[QUOTE=gcms;251145]according to bokkie also given the upgrade link of microsoft which worth pounds 24 but it is not only the upgrading from windows 7 to win 8 it will require complete training to to know all about the windows 8 as microsoft has given a full support in this windows if a business company migrated to this winwods then means they will completly change their setup as well and which will worth for a large amount to spent on sorry for my bad english[/QUOTE]

I think it is also valid for upgrades from xp and vista. The source I got the link from suggests that you can.

Comment

• bonilla
      Board Senior Member
      • Aug 2012

Another interesting fact from Microsoft:
      The evolution of their products will also be linked by the third party application like IM.
      For Microsoft ,Messenger has always been important and now they plan to merge it with skype :)
      [QUOTE][B]Microsoft: Skype and Messenger coming together (Cnet)
      [/B]The Skype team is planning to replace the Messenger instant-messaging client with Skype messaging a lot sooner than many expected.
      "We will retire Messenger in all countries worldwide in the first quarter of 2013 (with the exception of mainland China where Messenger will continue to be available)," according to the post. By that time, consumers who want to use instant messaging will have no choice but to use Skype for that. (Business instant messaging will still be largely the province of Microsoft's Lync, though Lync-Skype federation is coming at some point.)

[/QUOTE]
      If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• duhoki
        Experienced Board Member
        • Aug 2011

I think windows 8 will go in to business soon as microsoft know how to set everything up for business so they get draged in to upgrading to windows 8 and al other program providers begin to support win8 and we might get services that business want but cant get it becouse its only supported on win8. Using windows 8 is just like using windows 7, but windows 8 comes with a all new platform for connecting communitys,application togheter to give users a new modern look on the of using computer/tablets etc...

btw bonilla,nice info, but skype is not third party application anymore, its part of microsoft now:) skype is allready worldwide known and i can see it will be even more popular as its getting the all in one optimized application for communication. All we can do is just to wait and see what microsoft thecnology will bring to us:)

Comment

• thecrazybandit
          Experienced Board Member
          • Jul 2012

With most company still using xp they may well skip a upgrade to windows 7 and just go straight to windows 8 but i think this will involve a lot of training because windows 8 is so different to use from xp

Comment

• gcms
            Board Senior Member
            • Aug 2012

yes that is true that skype is the part of microsoft now these information can be verified from the link given below_http://dawn.com/2012/11/07/skype-replaces-microsoft-messenger-for-online-calls/ but one thing there involves if skype become totally paid softwear then the peope will give up using skype.and if it is totally free then the user of windows 8 will increased.as Windows Live Messenger has been buggy and pretty awful on Windows 7

Comment

• thecrazybandit
              Experienced Board Member
              • Jul 2012

The main reason people use Skype is because it free as you say for this reason i do not believe it will become a paid for program

Comment

• benchsirius
                • Nov 2012

From my long experience the best versions of windows are/were 98/ XP and 7. They are all stable , don't hog too much memory ( relative to time period released ) and do what it says on the tin.

Comment

• microchick
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Apr 2012

If anyone remember there was a paid version of massenger and people used to call landlines with it. It lost its popularity since smartphones are gone a step ahead with other apps which are good for chat, texts and calls. Messenger became a complete disaster and Microsoft decided to buy something decent and more reliable like Skype to get their reputation back, its a year now since they have bought skype so it wont be a surprise if Live Messenger becomes Live Skype or Skype Messenger.
                  If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• duhoki
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Aug 2011

I wont agree that msn became a complete disaster as we all know how widely it was used by "everybody". But as time come and go people use thing in diffrence way and demands thing to work as they expect. Therefore i believe messenger got a bit to much something "teenager" way and therefore Microsoft realized that they need to do something at this part of the company. However i think we are getting away from the topic.... sory admin...;)

Comment

• Mobley3
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Jun 2012

I am still trying to find my way around Windows 7 having spent a long time using XP.
                      I can not see myself changing over to Windows 8 anytime soon although I do like the
                      touch facility and it being more interactive.

Regards Mobley3

mobley3

Comment

• microchick
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Apr 2012

To be honest there was not much difference between Windows XP and 7. Microsfot wanted to recover from the shock they had from Windows Vista. People hated it and started going back to XP. Therefore Microsoft released another version of Windows as Windows 7 to let people skip Vista in between and get the similar user friendly experience as of windows xp.

Comment

• mahrkpat
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Jun 2012

A OS is supposed to stay in the background and you use it to make things easier to do on the pc.
                          Windows 8 seems to be just eye candy and people are expected to just admire it for the way it looks and not how it works.
                          Liked my post then push the sigpic button.

Comment

• duhoki
                            Experienced Board Member
                            • Aug 2011

hehe that became obviously after all the headache vista surprised with theire normal average users who just wanted to turn on their pc and surf on the web :D But for windows 8 i think one of the main reason for releasing window 8, is the need for more connection between platform and connecting/flow between community's,applications togheter to give users the new/touchy and modern look on for using of microsoft OS on all difference platform and device types we use now in 2012.

Comment

• pan1300
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Apr 2012

hi guys

the more I read (here and elsewhere), the more I start doubting. On my desktop I still use Vista, and have really no problems (stable, not visible slower or faster than XP). I have the 64bit business version -> can it be that this is 'better' than the 'normal' versions (hard to believe there would be a big difference, but I really don't see why my Vista is (much) worse than the other OS I know ...
                              Perhaps some real windows expert can explain (or could it be that I'm just lucky with my desktop combination setup?). :confused:

Comment

• thecrazybandit
                                Experienced Board Member
                                • Jul 2012

What i found with Vista is unless you had a fast machine and loads of ram it did not perform well

Comment

Working...