Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

How many lines of cccam are better, how many active.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • odysseas1991
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jan 2011

Re: How many lines of cccam are better, how many active.

Make sure that if you are using the satlover lines, to not have more than 1 line from the same server active at the same time as that is not allowed and you will be blocked!

Comment

• ishtiaq_sb
      • Jul 2013

I think one best line is better than many lines at the same time because thses lines always hang the receiver and try not use two lines from satlover servers at same time to avoid ban

Comment

• Triad
        Experienced Member
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by sucan
        That's right. Cccam select best line ( with lowest ecm) for you, especially new versions of cccam. I use 2 c-lines and 20 n-lines without problems.
        Yes, but Cccam uses not so much lines in Cccam.cfg file as active cards in server that provides them. If it sees that some card say 0906 of S*y is having better ecm response, then it will pick that one up over another, regardless of the cline. In that way hop distance as well as ping response from the specific server and card is biggest value that defines which card is going to open channel you are on at the moment.
        That's why channels that have more encryption systems embodied as MTV 19.2E are sometimes freezing since your cline is fighting with ecm response times defined by hops from specific cards that it gets...
        If it sees Se*a is better over Via*, then it will freeze Via* and continue on Se*a, and it can drop into circular route...
        So solution for that is Cccam.prio file that is setting prioritized cards over the others, where prioritized are set on "P:" and ignored on "I:"

Hope this clears a bit!

Comment

• KVF1966
          Board Senior Member
          • Dec 2012

if there are multiple active clines, for me at all has no definite answer what line will select the emulator for watching TV channels, it seems to me that it happens randomly, and do not exactly sure what emulator selects the strongest line, it's from my practice

Comment

• Triad
            Experienced Member
            • Jan 2012

KFV you need to understand some cs terms.
            As U say: "it seems to you that it happens randomly, and do not exactly sure what emulator selects the strongest line"??

Well, emulator is a virtual CAS module, the same one in which we enter our cards to decode channels and packages we want to view.
            It's just software modded and adapted to decode without the cards. It uses virtual cards from other boxes that are sharing them.
            That's concept of cardsharing in general and Clines are those lines that you input into CCcam.cfg file of your E1 or E2 linux folder var/etc.

Those lines define servers we want to use... If we use more then one Cline, then server will respond twice as much depending of the card number that both server are supporting.
            Best solution is to use one Cline which has enough quality cards that are not overloaded... Those lines are of course, personal lines. There are public lines which are mostly overloaded and can't respond to client requests quality wise, so paid Cline is a way to go...

Cheers

Comment

• Satphoenix
              Experienced Board Member
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Riddik2000
              2 cccam are better
              You mean 2 clines are better?

The new receivers have a good peformance, so you can use 4 or 5 clines without any problem.
              The cccam tries to connect with all lines, uses the first which is answering
              with the decrypted cw and changes if the line is disconnecting or too slow. But older receivers can slow down with too many clines.
              If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans!

Comment

• kalpikos
                Experienced Board Member
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by maty89c
                Hello mate,

The best thing is has only one c-line, in order to avoid spend time the deco to read one line.

Regards
                All modern receivers can easily handle 2,3 even more c-lines without any problem.

The time that is needed in order to find the next good working c-line between the others is very small and if both server and you have small ping time on your network, then the results will be just fine.
                If You Like My Post..... Please Press the Thanks Button

Comment

• Satphoenix
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Oct 2012

I've tried 8 different clines with a modern receiver. No problem in performance, but if the lines are from overloaded servers, the problem is not the box, the problems came because of overloaded servers.
                  If the answer caomes too slow, cccam switches to the next line, then to the next...

If you have theoreticly 8 "premium lines" you won't have any line switching because the first line gives a good connection, short ecm-answer times and freezefree watching.
                  If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans!

Comment

• kalpikos
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Satphoenix
                    I've tried 8 different clines with a modern receiver. No problem in performance, but if the lines are from overloaded servers, the problem is not the box, the problems came because of overloaded servers.
                    If the answer caomes too slow, cccam switches to the next line, then to the next...

If you have theoreticly 8 "premium lines" you won't have any line switching because the first line gives a good connection, short ecm-answer times and freezefree watching.
                    That's right my friend

Many people are confused with the problematic lines or overload servers and the ability that a receiver has to work correctly with the c-lines and switch between them.

They are thinking that their receiver can't work properly with many lines because they have many freezes and glitches, but these are not coming from the ability of the receiver but from bad quality of the c-line.
                    If You Like My Post..... Please Press the Thanks Button

Comment

• pan1300
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Apr 2012

hi guys

little reaction from here: my experience (client box): mostly I use 2 different clines - really difficult to say what's best - once a channel is open better here to use 2 at the same time, but to open a channel I have the impression it's better to use only 1 (certain channels/packages open only when one cline is active). strange and no explanation ...

Comment

• aplok
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Jun 2013

Originally posted by pan1100
                        I use 2 different clines - really difficult to say what's best -... strange and no explanation ...
                        hi

which cam ? version ?

c-. new-, mg-, os- cam ?

Comment

• KVF1966
                          Board Senior Member
                          • Dec 2012

probably, ideally, it is best to use one cline

Comment

• pan1300
                            Experienced Board Member
                            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by aplok
                            hi

which cam ? version ?

c-. new-, mg-, os- cam ?
                            hi aplok

cccam - as mentioned earlier: only client box with build-in cccam function (don't know the version ).

Comment

• aplok
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Jun 2013

Originally posted by pan1100
                              ... don't know the version ...
                              ... ...

... build-in cccam :

does that mean that you cccam is buried into your image ?

that you have not installed it ?

do you have a telnet acces to your satbox ?

if so, try this:

telnet

cd /tmp

/var/bin/yourcccamexecutable -h

and if applicable, turn the debug flag on with

/var/bin/yourcccamexecutable -d

and you've got this

root@dreambox:/var/etc> /var/bin/mycccam

17:41:04.394 CCcam: ===============================================
                              17:41:04.397 CCcam: starting CCcam 2.2.1
                              17:41:04.398 CCcam: ===============================================
                              17:41:04.400 CCcam: online using nodeId f12345
                              17:41:04.411 CCcam: dvb api1 detected
                              17:41:04.414 CCcam: DM56xx/500/600 detected

with the version

Comment

• pan1300
                                Experienced Board Member
                                • Apr 2012

hi aplok

all that doesn't work, there's no image to put on - it just comes like that ex factory ...

btw: always worked fine for me, including all channels I need ...

Comment

Working...