Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Giving priority to local card

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • purenirvana
    Board Senior Member
    • Sep 2012

Re: Giving priority to local card

Originally posted by herrr
    Sorry, perhaps you can't see the reason...but there is a reason...talking with computers sometimes some rules are compulsory:
    If you use something between { } you have to write also yes or no.
    If you don't use { } it's not compulsory to write something, default, if don't write anything, is yes.
    Do you know what it means?
    Yes you will use also remote emulation, no only local, but recently this is usually not very important, for many reasons.
    Anyway, I repeat, if you use { } you have to "occupy the place before { } "

It's always a good thing to set a general limit to hops: { 0:0:2 } or { 0:0:3 } or even { 0:0:1 }.

Another thing: I'm not sure, but I think that it's always better to write the four digits (anyway I always saw that way...): 0963, instead of 963.
    I understand herrr, I presumed the 0 after the colon of the 0963 part was telling CCCam to ignore the card, clearly it doesn't though. I also use four digits in any code for consistency. I only posted as 963 as one of the previous posts had
    If you find my post useful, please use the "Thanks" button

Comment

• Dimus
      • Apr 2013

Ok, so it seems we need to tell cccam to not use ecm for specific provider. That means that it will use local card for the channels it is subscribed, but I'm guessing that if the channel from that provider cant be decoded because it is not the part of paid package by card it won't be also decoded by cccam cause we told to ignore it. Correct?

Comment

• purenirvana
        Board Senior Member
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Dimus
        Ok, so it seems we need to tell cccam to not use ecm for specific provider. That means that it will use local card for the channels it is subscribed, but I'm guessing that if the channel from that provider cant be decoded because it is not the part of paid package by card it won't be also decoded by cccam cause we told to ignore it. Correct?
        Yes, that's correct Dimus. Not exactly ideal. This is why I'd try using CCCam.prio as I believe you can prioritise specific services from specific cards too.

I don't use CCCam, in my opinion OSCam is far more configurable and also doesn't suffer this somewhat annoying bug.

Comment

• vimmers
          Experienced Board Member
          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by purenirvana
          Interesting, I don't think you need the 'no' or 0:0:2 bit though do you?

It's my understanding that the 'no' is just used to tell CCCam not to take EMMs from the server. It's only there to stop EMMs coming in from all servers on the line isn't it?

The 0:0:2 is to tell CCCam to take all cards and services that are at hop 2 or less. At least that's my understanding. I haven't used CCCam for a good long while, but if my memory serves me correctly that's what those additional settings on your line do.

Hopefully lotuselite can try both versions of our lines and report back whether only one or both work. If nothing else but as a test of my memory skills, haha
          no means that you don't take emukeys
          and not emm
          if you want to block emms
          then you have to add
          DISABLE EMM : yes to your cccam.cfg

Comment

• purenirvana
            Board Senior Member
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by vimmers
            no means that you don't take emukeys
            and not emm
            if you want to block emms
            then you have to add
            DISABLE EMM : yes to your cccam.cfg
            Thanks for that vimmers. I meant to say EMU not EMM, I don't know why I kept writing EMM?!

Comment

• Dimus
              • Apr 2013

Yes, that's correct Dimus. Not exactly ideal. This is why I'd try using CCCam.prio as I believe you can prioritise specific services from specific cards too.

I don't use CCCam, in my opinion OSCam is far more configurable and also doesn't suffer this somewhat annoying bug.
              Thanks, I'm learning on the whole cs idea, for now used cccam as it's just an easy plug'n'play, but will need to look deeper into oscam as I can see it's far more powerfull and customizable.

Comment

• Triad
                Experienced Member
                • Jan 2012

Oscam is configurable for sat channel viewing exactly as CCcam is!
                But by my opinion more complicated...
                Cccam in CCcam.prio file under /etc folder is completely configurable for all providers and specifically sole channels...
                There is some CCcam.prio files uploaded with the latest providers and some that are modulated for server 4 as one I uploaded in CCcam.prio thread of the forum.
                There is a readme too that describes how to filter specific CAIDS from CCcam dcw process as well as how to include or prefer some over the others!!!

Nice channel package to practice on is MTV 19E which is encoded in 5 more systems...

Comment

• purenirvana
                  Board Senior Member
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Triad
                  Oscam is configurable for sat channel viewing exactly as CCcam is! But by my opinion more complicated...
                  I would have to respectfully disagree with OSCam being more complicated, it's just different. Once you get into OSCam's web interface it is pretty simple to use. I like the fact that you can click the settings which double as html links directly to the appropriate part of the OSCam support website.

Add the fact that OSCam is constantly evolving and updating with new features, whilst CCCam has stopped in its development, makes using OSCam a no brainer for me. I have never regretted switching over and soon picked up how to use it.

Comment

• Triad
                    Experienced Member
                    • Jan 2012

Add the fact that OSCam is constantly evolving and updating with new features, whilst CCCam has stopped in its developmentt.
                    I would go along with this!
                    But haven't got so much time switching to it and trying some!
                    So if you have some good tutorial or alike in a zip it would be appreciated to share it or input into Oscam Configuration Thread and get it to Sticky, since there is no any config tut's over there!!!

Comment

• gianni253
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Nov 2012

Not forget that oscam is open source and if you compile it yourself you are 100% safe about what it's doing inside you receiver (priceless feature to me ...)

Comment

Working...