Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Giving priority to local card

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lotuselite
    • Feb 2013

Giving priority to local card

Is there any way to configure cccam so that my local card is given priority in decoding channels? Sometimes the box tries to get ecm from remote servers instead of my local card, even though I subscribe to the channel I am watching, resulting in freezes.
  • kostis
    Experienced Board Member
    • Nov 2012

Re: Giving priority to local card

this sound strange,it usually give priority to the best source. have you try just using the card and the problem is solved?
    If my post was useful, please, use "Thanks" button

Comment

• purenirvana
      Board Senior Member
      • Sep 2012

As far as I know, CCCam should give priority to local cards. However, there seems to be some variables that cause a bug that means it doesn't. The bug can be worked around, if you put CCCam.prio into a search engine you should see some results that'll help you.
      If you find my post useful, please use the "Thanks" button

Comment

• lotuselite
        • Feb 2013

I thought I should get automatic priority from the best source. I have looked at prio, but not seen any configuration examples that give priority to local. They all talk about giving priority to certain cards.

Comment

• bokkie
          Experienced Board Member
          • Feb 2012

So you have a local card in your receiver? If this is the case you can set your cline to ignore the provider, allowing your local card to open that package.

Comment

• purenirvana
            Board Senior Member
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by bokkie
            So you have a local card in your receiver? If this is the case you can set your cline to ignore the provider, allowing your local card to open that package.
            Yes, this is one way of working around the issue.

From memory, you set your line to ignore the remote card like this:

C: name.dyndns.org port user pass { ***x:0 }

Where ***x is the 4-digit CAID of the card you wish to ignore. In other words just add the edited { ***x:0 } bit to the end of your current remote card line(s).

There is a way of doing it in CCCam.prio as well, but exactly how escapes me at this moment. I haven't used CCCam in ages.

Comment

• bokkie
              Experienced Board Member
              • Feb 2012

This is how I ignore sly uk.

C: name.dyndns.org port user pass no { 0:0:2, 963:0 }

By putting no { 0:0:2, 963:0 } at the end of your cline, it should ignore that provider.

Comment

• purenirvana
                Board Senior Member
                • Sep 2012

By putting no { 0:0:2, 963:0 } at the end of your cline, it should ignore that provider.
                Interesting, I don't think you need the 'no' or 0:0:2 bit though do you?

It's my understanding that the 'no' is just used to tell CCCam not to take EMMs from the server. It's only there to stop EMMs coming in from all servers on the line isn't it?

The 0:0:2 is to tell CCCam to take all cards and services that are at hop 2 or less. At least that's my understanding. I haven't used CCCam for a good long while, but if my memory serves me correctly that's what those additional settings on your line do.

Hopefully lotuselite can try both versions of our lines and report back whether only one or both work. If nothing else but as a test of my memory skills, haha

Comment

• herrr
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Jan 2012

(Better to explain everything).
                  If you wish a different general max hop, of course you can use:
                  { 0:0:3, 0963:0 }
                  or
                  { 0:0:1, 0963:0 }
                  For Sly IT { 0:0:3, 0919:0,09CD:0,093B:0 }

And you can say "no" or "yes" as you wish for general reasons (or server allows)

Comment

• purenirvana
                    Board Senior Member
                    • Sep 2012

So herrr, can you just put the { 963:0 } part at the end of the line? I don't see the need for the EMM 'no' command as we are talking ECMs here, unless your peer has specified this of course.

I also see no reason to put the { 0:0:2 } command as we just need to ignore the card (using the { 963:0 } command), rather than specify hops.

Comment

• Dimus
                      • Apr 2013

Can someone confirm that if you have a local card and CCCam running, when watching channel that can be decoded by local card CCCam will use the card instead of cline?

My should arrive in few days and would be good t know will it work out of the box or additional config will be required.

Comment

• lotuselite
                        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Dimus
                        Can someone confirm that if you have a local card and CCCam running, when watching channel that can be decoded by local card CCCam will use the card instead of cline?

My should arrive in few days and would be good t know will it work out of the box or additional config will be required.
                        No this doesn't happen all the time. When watching a channel which can be decoded by my local card, sometimes cccam gets ecms from remote servers. That's what this thread is all about. Thanks to all the knowledgable people who have provided ideas to solve this problem.

Comment

• herrr
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by purenirvana
                          So herrr, can you just put the { 963:0 } part at the end of the line? I don't see the need for the EMM 'no' command as we are talking ECMs here, unless your peer has specified this of course.

I also see no reason to put the { 0:0:2 } command as we just need to ignore the card (using the { 963:0 } command), rather than specify hops.
                          Sorry, perhaps you can't see the reason...but there is a reason...talking with computers sometimes some rules are compulsory:
                          If you use something between { } you have to write also yes or no.
                          If you don't use { } it's not compulsory to write something, default, if don't write anything, is yes.
                          Do you know what it means?
                          Yes you will use also remote emulation, no only local, but recently this is usually not very important, for many reasons.
                          Anyway, I repeat, if you use { } you have to "occupy the place before { } "

It's always a good thing to set a general limit to hops: { 0:0:2 } or { 0:0:3 } or even { 0:0:1 }.

Another thing: I'm not sure, but I think that it's always better to write the four digits (anyway I always saw that way...): 0963, instead of 963.

Comment

• bokkie
                            Experienced Board Member
                            • Feb 2012

When I first tried this method to ignore provider I forgot to add the no before the { 0:0:2, 963:0 } and it didn't work. Only when I added the no in frront did it ignore thr provider, so I would say yes it is necessary.

Comment

• SatWaveDude
                              Board Senior Member
                              • Apr 2012

Another thing: I'm not sure, but I think that it's always better to write the four digits (anyway I always saw that way...): 0963, instead of 963.
                              what about that four digits, do you realy have to use 0*** instead of *** ?

this is what I have found about block card(s):

Code:
                              After every Cline you have to add:
                              no { 0:0:1 } This means that you take all cards on hop1.
                              If you want any card on hop2 you add:
                              no { 0:0:1, 90f:0:2, b00:0:2, anycard, anycard, anycard }
                              In this example I chose to get 
                              90f:0 = "Viasat (5E/75E/1W)" on hop2
                              b00:0 = "Focus(1W) / C+Nordic(1W) / DigiAlb(16E) / MTV(19.2E)" on hop2
                              The last number is hop:
                              90f:0:2
                              SatWaveDude

DM500HD, DM500+ | EMP S16/1PCP-W3 | WaveFrontier T90 | 16x SMART Titanium 0.1dB LNB's
                              TechniSat SkyStar S2 PCI / SkyStar USB HD
                              WaveFrontier T90 rev.2 - 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 3.3E | 4/5E | 0.8W | 7/8W | 12.5W

If you find my post usefull please press the Thanks Button

Comment

Working...