Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Customizing XBMC/KODI

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mahrkpat
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jun 2012

Customizing XBMC/KODI

Basics

I don't know about you but I find the RSS feed really annoying and it does consume a little of your bandwidth (for those with slow broadband) so I would recommend disabling it, unless you really need it. I am using Aeon Nox skin at the moment and that doesn't allow disabling but you can change to confluence which allows it then change back to the skin of your choice.

1 In the Kodi main menu, go to System > Settings.
    2 Select the Appearance tab to configure appereance settings.
    3 In the skin tab, scroll down and disable show RSS news feed.
    4 Now, go back to the main menu by pressing the back key on the remote control or ESC-key on the keyboard.

My box came from Hong Kong so I had to change my time settings so this is how you do that.

1 Go to System > Settings > Appearance.
    2 Select the second tab called International. Select Language to change it and then select Region.
    3 Select the suitable region from the list.
    4 Now, your system clock will show the correct time.

You can have the weather for your location, I tried the met office but found yahoo easier to use.

1 Go to System > Settings > Weather.
    2 Select “Service for Weather Information”.
    3 Select “Get More…”
    4 Select “Yahoo! Weather” add-on.
    5 Type in your location, all done.

Kodi/XBMC TV and Genesis Movie Library

Thanks to MJD

This easy to follow guide will show you every step you need to integrate Genesis with your Kodi/XBMC TV and Movie Library.

This guide shows how to integrate the TV Shows section. To integrate movies just repeat the process but choose Movies instead of TV Shows at the final step. This can also be done with add-ons like iStream.

This guide is done on a Mac and so the path I take to get to the stored Genesis TV & Movies links is different to that of a Windows/Linux/Android/FireTV user. The paths for Windows/Linux/Android/FireTV users is located at the bottom.

For some devices we need to show hidden files otherwise you will not be able to find the path to your TV Shows-Movies. This is very simple:

Select SYSTEM

Select Appearance

Select File Lists and turn on Show Hidden Files and Directories

Now you can move on to integrating Genesis with you Kodi/XBMC Library

On your XBMC homescreen select VIDEOS > Files

Select ADD VIDEOS...

Select Browse

Select HOME FOLDER

Select LIBRARY

Select APPLICATION SUPPORT

Select XBMC or Kodi if you have upgraded to 14.0 Helix

Select USERDATA

Select ADDON_DATA

Select PLUGIN.VIDEO.GENESIS

Select TVSHOWS

You will now see a list of all the TV Shows you added to Genesis. Select OK

You can change the name of the media source in this screen to anything you want if you wish. Select OK

You will now see a screen like the following. Click on none until you see TV Shows

When you have selected TV Shows select OK

Select YES and allow Kodi/XBMC to refresh the new content

This is now completed. If you go to your home screen you will now see a TV SHOWS link. Clicking on that link will take you to the shows you have subscribed to in Genesis. Now if you do exactly the same but choose Movies instead of TV Shows there will be a link to your Movies library on your home screen as well.

Use the following path for Windows. If you are on Kodi select Kodi and not XBMC:

C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\ plugin.video.genesis\TVShows

Thanks to 'Another Michael' for providing that.

The path for Linux users is. If you are on Kodi select Kodi and not XBMC:

/home/USERNAME/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.genesis/TVShows

Thanks to 'lassegs' for providing that

The path for FireTV users is. If you are on Kodi select Kodi and not XBMC:

/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.genesis/TVShows/

Thanks to Dhorlo for providing that.

Use the following path for Android replacing XBMC with Kodi if you have updated.

/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.genesis/TVShows/

or

Root filesystem/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.genesis/TVShows/

This tutorial has been done for genesis but it works with any video or music addon that uses the library function and I have also found that auto play can be selected in Gensis therefore when a stream is clicked you don't have to choose stream source like you would when you use the genesis addon directly. Also once you have created a tv show or a movie category I will show you to how add them to your home screen for easy access later on in this thread (which makes it wife and kids friendly.)
    Liked my post then push the sigpic button.
  • zappahey
    • Apr 2015

Re: Customizing XBMC/KODI

For those in the UK, the TheBlackBoxOSTV (search for it, rather than me posting a link) is a very nice configuration for Kodi that nicely integrates IPTV streams, UK based and sports, as well as Genesis and a couple of other movie and tv sites.

Comment

• mahrkpat
      Experienced Board Member
      • Jun 2012

Instead of paying for a fully loaded box get a cheap box then search for the shadowcrew's shadow build add on and you will get access to community builds, I recommend silecerom latest build, you will get all the free add ons you will ever need for your viewing choice.
      Liked my post then push the sigpic button.

Comment

• thecrazybandit
        Experienced Board Member
        • Jul 2012

I use a firestick side loaded with kodi and this works very well with no problems

Comment

• kage69
          • Oct 2015

firetv works also well
          just install xstream (mostly german) and enjoy

Comment

• thecrazybandit
            Experienced Board Member
            • Jul 2012

The fire stick has to be the cheapest option if you want to try kodi

Comment

• pan1300
              Experienced Board Member
              • Apr 2012

hi guys

didn't want to start a new topic, so continued here

I recently started playing with a little android tv box & kodi.

Anyone suggestions for interesting apps or addons (movies & sport)?

Also my wireless keyboard stops now and then, only thing I can do to solve the problem is disconnecting the power. Any ideas?

Thank!

Comment

• thecrazybandit
                Experienced Board Member
                • Jul 2012

Navi-x Phoenix and Genesis are all very stable add ons

Comment

• digicon
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Jun 2011

If your a beginner and dont want to mess around for hours then try a 'Build' from one of the many available.

Wookie's latest build is one of the better ones

Comment

• pan1300
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by digicon
                    If your a beginner and dont want to mess around for hours then try a 'Build' from one of the many available.

Wookie's latest build is one of the better ones
                    thanks digicon, I've played for a few days now, but what is this wookie exactly, does it include eg addons for movies/sports/channels? Or is it more some kind of a skin?

Extra: I'm still looking for the flemish, dutch, and sky eng&german channels: any tips?

Pfff, the keyboard drives me crazy: no one experiencing a similar problem?

Comment

• digicon
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Jun 2011

Wookie is an Addon that contains other popular addons with exactly what you describe above Movies/Sports/Live TV etc...

do you know how to install an addon if you do then here is the addon address

Code:
                      http://wiz.wookiespmc.com

Comment

• thecrazybandit
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Jul 2012

I have found nearly all my info on Kodi add ons and different skins on line

Comment

• pan1300
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Apr 2012

thanks guys

I'll try the wookie shortly.

I know a lot can be found on the internet, but a lot of addons are outdated and not working anymore, that's why I asked here (to be sure to get working addons).

Comment

• runmo
                            Experienced Board Member
                            • Jun 2010

Many addons won't work because kodi is attacking third party developers and those that give tutorials on *******. Some will create fork of kodi called fmc. This way 3 rd party developers and tutorial makers can continue their hobby or work as for some it's their living.
                            Messages about kodi and addons is at your own risk.
                            Satlovers forum declines any responsibility of what is written about kodi on the forum.

Comment

• Mobley3
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Jun 2012

Hi guys, just wondering what the thoughts are on putting Kodi on my new laptop,
                              is it better to have a dedicated box?. Laptop has an SSD and 16Gb of memory, so I
                              would not expect any problem there, I am more concerned with the Security aspect, and, also possibility of virus attacks from add-ons. grateful for any comments.

regards mobley3.

Nb. sorry for drifting slightly off topic, if need be I will start a new thread.

mobley3

Comment

Working...