Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Zapdreambox problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thecat49
    • Feb 2013

Zapdreambox problem

Hello!

I would like to set zapdreambox on my 2 pc (one at work the other at home) to get at my home the channels present at work. I have a VU+Uno (at work) and I don't know if we must create dyndns adress for both pc or not to get the channels at home. I think it's easy to use zapdreambox in local but harder outside home... Someone who has zapdreambox can help me about the computer settings?

Thanks in advance!
  • duhoki
    Experienced Board Member
    • Aug 2011

Re: Zapdreambox problem

If you want to stream outside your home. You need to do two thing:

1. Port forward

You need to find out what port your receiver or the zapdreambox application uses for streaming. Then you need to open them up by directing them to your receiver via the router.

2. Dyndns adress

Your ISP(internet provider) gives you a WAN IP that is most likely to be dynamic. Therfore you need to create dyndns adress so you allways have corect WAN ip linked up tp your dyndns adresse

After you have done this, you can open the connection like this:

your.ip.org:your port = stream.dyndns.org:7070

if you have problem doing so just ask mate:)

Comment

• thecat49
      • Feb 2013

Hi Duhoki!

Thank you for your help! I'll try to do that in 2 weeks.
      What I don't understand is if I have to create a dyndns adress just for the pc which is connected directly to the vu+uno through a RJ45cable or if i need to create a dyndns on the pc in my home where i would like to get the channels? or do I have to create dyndns adress on both PC?

Thanks for your response.

Comment

• duhoki
        Experienced Board Member
        • Aug 2011

If you want to connect to your box on home nettwork, then you can just enter the LAN ip adresse of your box. But if you want to connect to it fron work, then you should use your WAN ip adresse. As your wan adresse changes, you have to download a dyndns client on one of your computer, that will update your WAN ip with your dyndns account. Cpuld you please explaine better how your box connection is at you home network. Is it connected through router, wifi etc....

Comment

Working...