Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Where to start?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kpax69
    • Mar 2013

Where to start?

Hi all.

I'm new on the forum and am hoping you guys will be able to help me out?

I'm seriously thinking of buying a VU+Ultimo HD with triple tuners and 1TB HDD. I currently have a Sly full package sub but it's about to run out.

I'm pretty competent IT wise but for the sake of clarity I'm going to plead complete ignorance in this area as I'm not sure. What I'm after is a 'fool-proof' guide on how to setup Sly CS on the box I'm considering purchasing. I've ******d it but can't find a definitive, step-by-step guide. There's plenty of guides for the Dreamboxes but nothing for the VU.

Can anyone help me out, either here or via PM?

Thanks
  • mahrkpat
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jun 2012

Re: Where to start?

Welcome to the forum there are good guides on this and other forums have a
    look at this if you have problems then members will help but best way to learn
    is do research yourself.

__http://www.satpimps.com/showthread.php?154256-Dummies-guide-to-setting-up-Vu-Ultimo
    Liked my post then push the sigpic button.

Comment

• pan1300
      Experienced Board Member
      • Apr 2012

hi kpax69 and welcome

Best to use the search function to find some usefull info.
      Do you want to watch tv with cs, and/or do you want to run an own cs-server?

You can start here:
      - http://www.satlover.eu/forum/cardsharing-tutorials/
      - http://www.satlover.eu/forum/card-sh...al-discussion/
      - http://www.satlover.eu/forum/cccam/

good luck anyway

Comment

• gianni253
        Experienced Board Member
        • Nov 2012

Originally posted by kpax69
        Hi all.
        There's plenty of guides for the Dreamboxes but nothing for the VU.
        Thanks
        There is not a definitive guide on the net, you have to put all the pieces together.
        The most of the guides can be applied to all enigma2 based receivers, so to your VU too.
        You will have to find more specific documentation only when you have to deal with the image you have chosen for your box.
        That's all, and when you are in trouble, come back here !
        Bye

Comment

• kostis
          Experienced Board Member
          • Nov 2012

VU+Ultimo HD is on of the best out there but are you sure you want to go into deep if this is your first time? cant say how easy you learn or how many money you are willing to pay but i start with something cheaper if i was in your place.
          If my post was useful, please, use "Thanks" button

Comment

• pan1300
            Experienced Board Member
            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by kostis
            VU+Ultimo HD is on of the best out there but are you sure you want to go into deep if this is your first time? cant say how easy you learn or how many money you are willing to pay but i start with something cheaper if i was in your place.
            hi kostis

I agree with you, although these kind of boxes (without preferring a special brand) seems to be the best, but: is this really necessary? I 'only' have client boxes where I enter my clines, and works fine for me... The choice is up to you, best do some reading before you decide. On the other hand: if you want to spend your money on this box, surely you won't be disappointed!

Comment

• kostis
              Experienced Board Member
              • Nov 2012

well if for your first time you get a VU+Ultimo HD with triple tuners and 1TB HDD its like going to your first driving lesson with a Ferrari. cant say if its wrong some people like to get in the deep from the first time. but here are some other people opinion if you like to read them. http://www.satlover.eu/forum/satelli...-receiver.html
              If my post was useful, please, use "Thanks" button

Comment

• mahrkpat
                Experienced Board Member
                • Jun 2012

There are a lot of cheap stb's out there but I think our friend is interested in
                recording as well (triple tuner + 1 Tb hard drive) the OP say he's competent
                in I.T. therefore why not jump in at deep end, I for one now regret going for a
                easy to set up and cheap openbox, being on this forum has shown me what you
                can do with a good box. If the OP comes up against any problems I am confident
                that there are members who have gone through the same experience and are
                more than willing to help and no matter how many guides there are, hands on
                experience is the best so to OP go ahead and get the sat receiver you want I
                am sure have already done the research.
                Liked my post then push the sigpic button.

Comment

• bokkie
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Feb 2012

Go for it. Don't worry about "jumping in at the deep end" It may take a while to get the hang of the box but it'll be worth it in the end.
                  Do you need a triple tuner? Whilst the ultimo is a brilliant stb there is also the solo2 and gigablue quad to consider. Not to mention the duo2 which is yet to be released, but will be the stb to have.
                  Get your box, have a play and get used to it for a day or 2 and then learn how to use ftp, telnet, etc.
                  Also a lot of the guides on Enigma2 dreamboxes apply to vu+ as well, just the images differ.

Comment

• benchsirius
                    • Nov 2012

I think you have got a great box there. The links already posted will help you.
                    The benefits are that what you have will work longer with more support than a cheaper system, but the disadvantage is the small risk of bricking an expensive system. Good luck and don't be afraid to ask.

Comment

Working...