Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Vu+ Player for Android now available on ****** Play

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bokkie
    Experienced Board Member
    • Feb 2012

Vu+ Player for Android now available on ****** Play

For all those Vu+ owners with an android phone/tablet, Vu+ Player is now available on ****** Play for free.
    It really is a great app which enables you to control and stream from your stb, including all your recordings.
    it has it's own internal player, or you can use daroon player, vlc player, etc as default instead.
    If you have a Solo2 you can also use it for the transcoding feature, which makes this stb so great.
    I've been using Dreamdroid up until now, but not anymore.
    Give it a try, It's free!
  • alankellyeire
    • Jan 2013

Re: Vu+ Player for Android now available on ****** Play

hey

i have been using this app on my gal s4 for a while its great.
    im just curious what are the system requirements for a device to have a good stable stream or is any android device capable of using it to stream from vu+. also can u only stream on the same network as ur box is connected or can u stream remotely.

Comment

• bokkie
      Experienced Board Member
      • Feb 2012

You can stream remotely with a vu+ solo2 or duo2 with the transcoding function. I do all the time.
      not sure on system requirements, but pretty much any newish android phone should do.

Comment

• alankellyeire
        • Jan 2013

OK Thats great I seem to have a problem using the transcoding for some reason when I tick use transcoding in the app I just get a blank screen on the device. But I can stream to the device when I have it unticked.

For some reason also when I press stream on the app. Instead of just streaming the channel and leaving the current channel on the TV it changes the channel on the TV to the channel I clicked stream. This never happened before when I was using it with the duo.

Btw there were no shows recording and the 2 tuners were free. Im using Vix 802 build.

Comment

• bokkie
          Experienced Board Member
          • Feb 2012

Have you forwarded the relevant ports? Also need to enter your ip address or dyn address ( not your netwrok ip )

Comment

• alankellyeire
            • Jan 2013

[QUOTE=bokkie;303254]Have you forwarded the relevant ports? Also need to enter your ip address or dyn address ( not your netwrok ip )[/QUOTE

just to be clear when u say ip address do u mean the boxes ip address or my network ip

also for the "dyn. dns add" section in the setting in the app is it just my primary dns number i put in there or do i put both my primary and secondary dns.

i think i have it working with using the boxes ip and primary dns.
            the vid quailty seems pretty poor even doh im streaming locally.
            i suppose that has to do with that i only have 1mb down and 0,25 up broadband speed but im streaming locally??

Comment

• bokkie
              Experienced Board Member
              • Feb 2012

I.p. address is your internal network I.p. (192.16*.*.**)
              Dyn dns add is your dyn dns or external I.p. ( 81.10*.**.**)
              just remembered something. Vix were having problems with transcoding, think it's from build 660 onwards.
              im still using build 632 for this very reason.

Comment

Working...