Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

ftp communicate

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thews34
    • Oct 2011

ftp communicate

Hi, having moved from dm600 to vu+ duo I am trying to ftp the box. Using a dm it was root and dreambox for user and password. What is the user and password for the vu+ duo.

Once I sort the above do you still use the same directories e.g var/etc & keys for the relevant files.

Any other advice is much appreciated, thanks
  • sonc
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jun 2010

Re: ftp communicate

The user is root, there is probably no password set. FTP requires a password, so telnet to the duo, login as root and set the password using the 'passwd' command.

If there is a password set it might depend on what image you have installed.

You are moiving from enigma1 to enigma2 so there are a few differences. config files go in /etc. In enigma2 /var/etc is just a link to /etc.

Comment

• kalpikos
      Experienced Board Member
      • Sep 2011

Hello

I guess that you was using the DCC for the communication with your dreambox.
      DCC needs username and pass in order to work correctly, so you have to set a pasword to your vu+.
      Use telnet from your windons and type "passwd" without "" and hit enter.
      If ask for the old pass hit enter again.
      Then, it will prompt you for the new pass.
      Type the new pass and hit enter.
      Retype the new pass and hit again enter.
      The password changed.

Use the username: root and pass what you have set and connect with any ftp program as DCC or VCC.
      If You Like My Post..... Please Press the Thanks Button

Comment

• kalpikos
        Experienced Board Member
        • Sep 2011

As about the directories enigma2 is a little different from enigma1 but the main directories are the same.

For example, there is a link "keys" that can you transfer to: usr/keys (for enigma1 is var/keys).

The folder "etc" in enigma2 is in the root but in enigma1 is in "var/etc".

As you can see it's very easy to find the most daily used folders for enigma2.
        If You Like My Post..... Please Press the Thanks Button

Comment

Working...