Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

buying a vu+ duo

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drageek
    • Nov 2012

buying a vu+ duo

i was planning on buying a vu+ duo however cannot afford full price so i was going to buy it from china for around £160 i was wondering though what images can i flash on the box i was thinking about flashing vix image however not sure if it will flash to the box. the version i am going to buy is going to be version 3.2
    thanks
  • bokkie
    Experienced Board Member
    • Feb 2012

Re: buying a vu+ duo

As far as i know, though I'm no expert, The new v3 clones can run all images.
    The ferrari forum has a download section for images as well, but I'd seriously stay away from clones if I were you.
    I've had 2 vu+ duo clones, both were utter c**p. I now have a vu+ solo2 and the difference is like chalk and cheese.
    You might be lucky and get a good one, but there are so many bad reports out there.

Comment

• gianni253
      Experienced Board Member
      • Nov 2012

If you do not want to risk with a clone but save some money at the same time, why not a Gigablue ?
      They have very similar hardware to VU+ but more competitive price.
      You can choose between the gb800se combo (1 DVB-S2 + 1 DVB-T tuner) or the latest Quad (really a monster, 1305 MHz MIPS CPU with double DVB-S2 tuner).
      Image support is very good too.

Comment

• drageek
        • Nov 2012

the gigablue quad is something I'm after however still quite pricey
        I'm looking for a dual tuner sat receiver
        my budget is around £200
        i have seen on the net that i can get vu+ duo for around £240 they claim it is genuine what do you think

also if i buy a clone and want to flash to vix image all i have to do is get the original image from the vix website and flash it on. by the way does the vix images come with cccam or do i download it like on a dream box

Comment

• bokkie
          Experienced Board Member
          • Feb 2012

If you are getting the duo form germany for £240, it would most likely be original.
          You can get latest vix image and build from openvix website, and cams need to be installed seperately, from the same website.

Comment

• gianni253
            Experienced Board Member
            • Nov 2012

I confirm what bokkie said.
            At this point your choice is driven by your budget ... in any case (Gigablue or Vu+) you will have a top product which has it's roots in Germany.

Comment

• lotuselite
              • Feb 2013

There is only a small difference in price between a clone duo and an original, but the quality difference is large, so I would advise buying original.

I might consider buying a clone if the price difference was large as it is with dreamboxes.

Comment

• bokkie
                Experienced Board Member
                • Feb 2012

I think even some uk suppliers are now selling the duo for around £250, probably trying to shift them ready for duo2 release.
                But in my honest opinion, the solo2 for around £280 from germany is the way to go.
                The duo can't touch it.

Comment

• drageek
                  • Nov 2012

what websites can i buy from which are located in germany also the duo from world of sat is around £250

Comment

• bokkie
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Feb 2012

I think hm-sat is the official german vu+ seller or there is h**p://www.satshop.tv/HD-Satshop. Also Go on fleabay, set the results to worldwide and you'll get a few results.

Comment

Working...