Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Is it possible to copy a smartcard?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrfarnhigh
    • Dec 2011

Is it possible to copy a smartcard?

I have 2 receivers at home and I wonder is it possible to copy a smart card for the 2nd one instead of doing some home sharing?
  • fandm
    Experienced Board Member
    • Aug 2011

Re: Is it possible to copy a smartcard?

If it was that easy there would be no forums.it is poss to copy certain info on a smart card and put into a cam.
    but I think you mean to clone a full card, now that would be nice. i will not say impossible because there are a lot of clever people out there.if you have a a clone type card already though and it works yes you can you will need a progger to read and write to the new card

Comment

• sucan
      Board Senior Member
      • Aug 2011

As I know every attemp to read the card leads to blocking the card .So no one can try it. If there is some software or hardware for this purpose they are not public for now.
      Who knows, maybe in future they will be available - if there is writer there must be reader too.
      Dreambox500HD ICVS image, 110 cm offset dish with Diseq motor - 45E-30W, Inverto Black Ultra Quad LNB, Samsung 46c7000 3D TV

Comment

• mrfarnhigh
        • Dec 2011

sucan what do you mean? then how am I able to watch the the card channels? the card reader supposed to read the codes no?

Comment

• mirny
          Experienced Board Member
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by mrfarnhigh
          sucan what do you mean? then how am I able to watch the the card channels? the card reader supposed to read the codes no?
          try to read something about, RSA, AES, crypting, then you will no longer ask these questions
          HD-BOX FS-9200,SkyStar HD2 USB CI, Skystar2 90Fe Motor, 85Al Multifeed

If you like my post, or was helpful, don't be shy and press the Thanks Button.

Comment

• BM300
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by mrfarnhigh
            I have 2 receivers at home and I wonder is it possible to copy a smart card for the 2nd one instead of doing some home sharing?
            Instead of trying to copy the card that you have, you can use this legal card transmitter.
            It is called wireless smartwi card splitter.
            You put your original card in it and it transmits the data to 3 other clone card receivers (that you have per-programmed using the card transmitter).

This is what it looks like:

Comment

• mirny
              Experienced Board Member
              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by BM300
              Instead of trying to copy the card that you have, you can use this legal card transmitter.
              It is called wireless smartwi card splitter.
              You put your original card in it and it transmits the data to 3 other clone card receivers (that you have per-programmed using the card transmitter).

This is what it looks like:

first one is talking about bird, second one about cat
              HD-BOX FS-9200,SkyStar HD2 USB CI, Skystar2 90Fe Motor, 85Al Multifeed

If you like my post, or was helpful, don't be shy and press the Thanks Button.

Comment

• BM300
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by mirny
                first one is talking about bird, second one about cat
                Since copying an original card makes it unusable.
                And you need special reader/writer tools
                (mostly available to the service providers and beyond the normal user reach).

I have offered an alternative option so that he can use his 2nd receiver on the same original card.

Would be very grateful if you could give us some information about how to duplicate an original card.
                Funcards, etc is not a challenge.

Comment

Working...