Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Starsat SR-2000HD setup

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redfanatic
    • Jul 2013

Starsat SR-2000HD setup

So I bought the Starsat SR-2000HD box about a year ago abroad, and they put all the software and server information in it to open a few of the european packages e.g. sky de and sky italia etc... I don't really know what they did exactly.
    I haven't touched the box in terms of software or anything. I now want to buy a c-line to open other packages etc but have no idea how to go about this.

Could someone please give me full instructions on what to do with a tester c-line and also how to update any software (if i need to)?? I don't want to lose the current packages i have open so don't want to touch those servers etc which is what im mainly worried about...messing up the current packages i currently have.

Thanks alot in advance for your help!
  • duhoki
    Experienced Board Member
    • Aug 2011

Re: Starsat SR-2000HD setup

Welcome to forum mate. I will advice you to do some search on forum as there is good information about this receiver and how to ad cccam server:

Thread i advice you to read as a member had same question as you: http://www.satlover.eu/forum/starsat...000hd-ace.html

This is if you want to use oscam:

This is for software update:

starsat.com/index.php/downloads-home

Comment

• redfanatic
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by duhoki
      Welcome to forum mate. I will advice you to do some search on forum as there is good information about this receiver and how to ad cccam server:

Thread i advice you to read as a member had same question as you: http://www.satlover.eu/forum/starsat...000hd-ace.html

This is if you want to use oscam:

This is for software update:

starsat.com/index.php/downloads-home
      thanks for your reply! yes i read the above thread but had some questions regarding it:

when i go to server settings it says 'connected servers: 31' and when i go through the servers the first 9 are 'disconnected' but servers 10-40 are connected and are all G-Share or G-Share2. Does this mean if i buy a c-line from someone and put it anywhere in the first 9 servers i wont affect the current channels/packages i have open???

also if i update the software to the most recent one, will it affect the current server settings i have (and the channels/packages that are open)???

please do let me know, thanks alot!

Comment

• duhoki
        Experienced Board Member
        • Aug 2011

The G-share servers you have, is one year subscription which will open many scrambled channels for you for a year. Now if you insert a cccam server to one of the free slots(1-9) it wont delete your G-share subscription servers. If you update your receiver software, it might delete your server settings but thats not a problem. When you are in server settings and press key "F1" on remote controlle, it will ask you if you want to load the default servers, you press yes and the G-share server will come back. For cccam server you have to enter again.

Have a nice day

Comment

• redfanatic
          • Jul 2013

The G-share servers you have, is one year subscription which will open many scrambled channels for you for a year. Now if you insert a cccam server to one of the free slots(1-9) it wont delete your G-share subscription servers. If you update your receiver software, it might delete your server settings but thats not a problem. When you are in server settings and press key "F1" on remote controlle, it will ask you if you want to load the default servers, you press yes and the G-share server will come back. For cccam server you have to enter again.

Have a nice day
          Thanks for your quick response! i was given a test cccam line and i entered it into the first slot and pressed ok at the bottom but it still says 'disconnected' on that slot. I don't understand why this is happening?

Also, so definitely if i update the software i will be able to do what you said and get the G-Share servers back (im worried ill lose everything if i update ) and is it true that updating the software may help in sorting out freezing issues?

Comment

• duhoki
            Experienced Board Member
            • Aug 2011

Remember to change from NewCS to cccam when entering cccam line. If you have internet connection and the g-share servers are working, then cccam server should work also. Can you try with a satlover free cline and see if it works. It should connect fast, but sometimes it can take up to 20 seconds depending on server stability.

For the software update, i wont tell you to trust me 100%, but i can tell you 99% that it will work

Comment

• redfanatic
              • Jul 2013

Remember to change from NewCS to cccam when entering cccam line. If you have internet connection and the g-share servers are working, then cccam server should work also. Can you try with a satlover free cline and see if it works. It should connect fast, but sometimes it can take up to 20 seconds depending on server stability.

For the software update, i wont tell you to trust me 100%, but i can tell you 99% that it will work
              Yes i changed it to cccam, everything looks fine but at the end when i click on OK nothing happens, it still says disconnected and the number of connected servers stays at 31. Any idea what i need to do?

And when i click on satlovers free servers says i dont have permission to see...?

Comment

• duhoki
                Experienced Board Member
                • Aug 2011

Are you sure the test cline you have is working at all? Right now there is problem with satlover free server page. Try again later. Is the G share servers working?

Comment

• redfanatic
                  • Jul 2013

Are you sure the test cline you have is working at all? Right now there is problem with satlover free server page. Try again later. Is the G share servers working?
                  Yes the person that gave it me said the cline is fully working. And yes the G share servers are working?

also one more thing, so i was going to update the receiver software as you said. ive downloaded the .bin file for my receiver from one of the above threads, what do i do after i put it on a usb stick and into my receiver?

Comment

Working...