Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

spiderbox question..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noypi
    Board Senior Member
    • Dec 2011

spiderbox question..

hi. i was reading about loading cfg files thru usb a while ago and it got me thinking again. since i am a premium member, i am using 2 clines on my spiderbox. say i am currently using 5 clines and they are all active. what happens when i load (or should i say add) clines thru usb? which ones will it replace since there are only 10 lines allowed and i'll have 11? i know it is a stupid thing to do but how will spiderbox handle it?
    spiderbox hd 7000
    90 cm motorised dish
  • cannydo
    Board Senior Member
    • Sep 2011

Re: spiderbox question..

Unusual for none of the whizz kids to have an answer for you noypi. I dont know the answer but I would guess it would overwrite Slot 1 as this is the first line.

Comment

• sunderblund
      • Dec 2011

You can add c lines though usb but it overwrites any already there

Comment

• sataday
        Board Senior Member
        • Dec 2011

If you add clines with USB it will NOT overwrite any line that is ON.
        The new line will appear on the first line that is OFF.

Comment

• Jack36548
          Banned
          • Jun 2011

Strange things I've seen with it. Like for example: when I've put 7 lines in my config, the spider has added only 5. The next time after: the spider has only add 1 instead of 5. Can you still follow But indeed, I've seen that all my closed ones will be removed when using USB. Hence, therefor I don't use it anymore and do it manually.

Comment

• redhezuk
            Experienced Board Member
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by sataday
            If you add clines with USB it will NOT overwrite any line that is ON.
            The new line will appear on the first line that is OFF.
            That is true if the host is different but if for instance trying to load different servers from Satlover it will overwrite as the host address is the same (at least that is my experience). Haven't tested yet but assume solution would be to change the host name temporarily then change back after.

Comment

• redhezuk
              Experienced Board Member
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by redhezuk
              That is true if the host is different but if for instance trying to load different servers from Satlover it will overwrite as the host address is the same (at least that is my experience). Haven't tested yet but assume solution would be to change the host name temporarily then change back after.
              I have tested this theory now and am correct. So if you have two lines with the same server address then manually change the first line before importing the 2nd line and change back afterwards, I.e. I added a 1 before the addy of the 1st line imported the 2nd line then went back and removed the 1 from the 1st line.

Comment

• toby69
                Experienced Board Member
                • Oct 2011

talking of lines, last night i added a selection of lines, free ones from other site, most were rubbish, but a certain n/line was first class openning a varity of chns, we watched tv last night till 1am, couple films hardly any breaks, i always enter manually anyway.
                Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• nev
                  • Aug 2011

Adding a satlover line will always overwrite an existing satlover line - thereby ensuring that the satlover server does not "see" two different lines. I have never managed to fill the 10 spaces for lines - but if I did I would expect the oldest line to be overwritten. Must try sometime! My own experience is that inserting line by USB is quick and simple (and I inevitably make a mess of doing it manually).

Comment

• redhezuk
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by nev
                    Adding a satlover line will always overwrite an existing satlover line - thereby ensuring that the satlover server does not "see" two different lines. I have never managed to fill the 10 spaces for lines - but if I did I would expect the oldest line to be overwritten. Must try sometime! My own experience is that inserting line by USB is quick and simple (and I inevitably make a mess of doing it manually).
                    Remember you can legitimately have lines from each server at Satlover, i.e. server 2, server 3 and server 4 (and server 1 for the lucky ones that have access). Therefore, the method I describe is so you can keep your server 2 line but add server 3 or 4 ones via usb (as they are regularly updated).

Comment

Working...