Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

lnb quality

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sataday
    Board Senior Member
    • Dec 2011

Re: lnb quality

Originally posted by kalpikos
    I suggest one other test

Go to your local shop and tell them to give you for test 2-3 different lnb's.
    Unless to know the shop owner personally, I think I know what the answer would be. "Go away!" (or words to that effect)

Comment

• parsonline
      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by BlueIsMyColor
      There are lnbs with 0.3 and 0.2 dB with better performance than others with 0.1 dB. The quality of the lnb varies from one manufacturer to another.
      yes i think youre right. there are many lnb in market that they are fake and fail soon. according my experience inverto and xcruse and some orginal model works better than others.

Comment

• bokkie
        Experienced Board Member
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by gianni253
        And what about Inverto Black Premium ?
        I'm interested in quad version and I would appreciate any feedback.
        Sorry, can't help you there as I have the ultra twin.
        I think inverto in general though are very good quality.

Comment

• Clark197
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by sataday
          Unless to know the shop owner personally, I think I know what the answer would be. "Go away!" (or words to that effect)
          in mediamarkt shop in europe you can do that. The LNB are expensives there but for an experiment it is usefull.
          I test it last year with 3 LNB on a Protek 9750HD Box and don't see any difference between two 0.1dB and one 0.3dB.
          But that is a subjective comparison because you cannot test all channels with this approach.

Comment

• Mobley3
            Experienced Board Member
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Clark197
            in mediamarkt shop in europe you can do that. The LNB are expensives there but for an experiment it is usefull.
            I test it last year with 3 LNB on a Protek 9750HD Box and don't see any difference between two 0.1dB and one 0.3dB.
            But that is a subjective comparison because you cannot test all channels with this approach.
            There are probably many reasons for this, the main one's being that these figures are probably only achieved at one particular frequency and also under ideal Lab test conditions where the temperature and also outside interference is strictly controlled. All Lnb's will show different gain and noise figures across the frequency band, the better quality ones will be more stable and so will perform better at a number of frequencies.

Regards Mobley3

mobley3

Comment

• rizwan
              Experienced Board Member
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Mobley3
              There are probably many reasons for this, the main one's being that these figures are probably only achieved at one particular frequency and also under ideal Lab test conditions where the temperature and also outside interference is strictly controlled. All Lnb's will show different gain and noise figures across the frequency band, the better quality ones will be more stable and so will perform better at a number of frequencies.

Regards Mobley3
              I agree, You can't test yourself different LNB. Your never compile the result if there is some problem with dish, have issue with STB sensitivity and many more reason .
              Vu+ Solo2
              Dream Box 800HD,
              Neotion 3000, Skystar2, PTCL IPTV
              HP LCD W2338h
              Samsung LED 40 C5000

Comment

• sideralgr
                • Dec 2012

the double lnb is also reducing the quality of signal?

Comment

• pan1300
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Apr 2012

Originally posted by sideralgr
                  the double lnb is also reducing the quality of signal?
                  hi sideralgr

yes, slightly, think a few percent, we had a discussion on this recently (don't remember if it was in this thread or in another) - but really not that big difference!

Comment

• parsonline
                    • Feb 2013

ofcourse for check lnb you can adjust dish with strong lnb and then while dish is constant you can check with another lnbs and check sugnal and then reach to result.

Comment

• Mobley3
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by parsonline
                      ofcourse for check lnb you can adjust dish with strong lnb and then while dish is constant you can check with another lnbs and check sugnal and then reach to result.
                      Does not really work M8, each Lnb will not perform to its best at the same position in the Lnb holder, that is why you have to tune it for the best results by moving it in and out relative to the dish surface. I have about 6 different Lnb's including, Invacom,Mti, Smart, Darkgold and Inverto, each one of them needs a different position in the holder to perform at it's best, reasons for this probably being that the feed horn length is different and also the opening, also noise and general gain, plus the surface illumination of the dish so as not to pick up noise from over the rim. All of this takes time and you can have hours of fun? doing it.

Regards Mobley3

mobley3

Comment

• parsonline
                        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Mobley3
                        Does not really work M8, each Lnb will not perform to its best at the same position in the Lnb holder, that is why you have to tune it for the best results by moving it in and out relative to the dish surface. I have about 6 different Lnb's including, Invacom,Mti, Smart, Darkgold and Inverto, each one of them needs a different position in the holder to perform at it's best, reasons for this probably being that the feed horn length is different and also the opening, also noise and general gain, plus the surface illumination of the dish so as not to pick up noise from over the rim. All of this takes time and you can have hours of fun? doing it.

Regards Mobley3
                        my friend i think you dont undrestand me. i mean while dish is constant you can change lnbs and compare together i used this way for example i compare inverto starsat and eurostar i found inverto have about 8 to 9 percrnt stronger than others when dish in constant you can change lnbs and compare for strengh of signal.

Comment

• Mobley3
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Jun 2012

Yes, but you have to tune each one for best results by adjusting the position of the Lnb
                          in the holder, if you do not do this it is a complete waste of time.

Regards. Mobley3

mobley3

Comment

• parsonline
                            • Feb 2013

maybe youre right but when i compare with other lnbs the position lnb is also constant for example for hotbird i test with other lnbs while the clock of lnb is 4 or 5 and test with others

Comment

• Mobley3
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by parsonline
                              maybe youre right but when i compare with other lnbs the position lnb is also constant for example for hotbird i test with other lnbs while the clock of lnb is 4 or 5 and test with others
                              Not sure what you mean by this, are you referring to the scale on the side of the Lnb which is used for setting offset ?.

Regards Mobley3

mobley3

Comment

• rizwan
                                Experienced Board Member
                                • Sep 2010

In my opinion, its only done by some nice equipments, which you tell about how much is the gain and quality of your Dish and what you are getting through your LNB
                                Vu+ Solo2
                                Dream Box 800HD,
                                Neotion 3000, Skystar2, PTCL IPTV
                                HP LCD W2338h
                                Samsung LED 40 C5000

Comment

Working...