Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Combining a Motor and Fixed Dish with Multi Lnb's

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • C_S_B
    • Apr 2010

Combining a Motor and Fixed Dish with Multi Lnb's

I'm looking for some help/advice/recomendations with a DiSEqC switch change I want for my setup.

I have 2 dishes,
    I want to use Dish1 which is fixed, with Lnbs for 28.2e, 19.2e and 13e.
    And I want to use Dish2 with a motor. Both from the same reciever.

This is supported via DiSEqC1.2 (Satelltes Configuration/non-standard user defined configuration). Which most recievers have.

I had Goo6le and came across this switch that seems to fit the bill on, conrad-uk.com "AXING SPU 81-00 8 IN 1 DISEQC RELAY" (see pics) at £46.

Has anyone got any other sugguestions/advice good or bad.

Thanks CSB
    Attached Files
  • digicon
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jun 2011

Re: Combining a Motor and Fixed Dish with Multi Lnb's

We need a little information on the receiver you are going to use on this project, A dual tuner box would work very easy with motor and diseq switch. If its a single tuner box this is a little more complicated and a different switch is required.

Comment

• C_S_B
      • Apr 2010

Hi Digicon,

I,ve got a Technomate 600 (prefered choice) and a DB500. I've had a look through the sat configuration menu's and both support this. As you say its a little more complicated, but not imposible.

Whats your thought on the swich price wise, and whats the alternatives?

Like all things these days budget is everything

thanks csb

Comment

• alfred_1
        Banned
        • Dec 2010

That switch looks to be ok (point H should be your Motor socket) but rather expensive.

I would suggest a normal 4 way Diseqc Switch where you can connect your fixed Dish Lnbs to say LNB 2 - 3 and 4 of the Diseqc Switch and LNB 1 you reserve for your Motor Lnb.

Now the way to connect them is as follows:

1)Connect your Motorised Dish LNB to input 1 of the Diseqc Switch.

2)Connect your Fixed Dish LNBs to inputs 2 - 3 - 4 of the Diseqc Switch

3) Now this is where you have to be careful.......The output from the Diseqc Switch (to Receiver) should go to the ''LNB'' socket of the Motor and the 'Rec out' of the Motor should go down to your Decoder input. That's it.

Of coarse you have configure your Receiver for this arrangment using Diseqc 1.0 for your Fixed LNB's and Diseqc 1.2 for your Motorised Lnb.

I have attached a circuit diagram of the set up for you to analyze
        Attached Files

Comment

• C_S_B
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by alfred_1
          That switch looks to be ok (point H should be your Motor socket) but rather expensive.

I would suggest a normal 4 way Diseqc Switch where you can connect your fixed Dish Lnbs to say LNB 2 - 3 and 4 of the Diseqc Switch and LNB 1 you reserve for your Motor Lnb.

3) Now this is where you have to be careful.......The output from the Diseqc Switch (to Receiver) should go to the ''LNB'' socket of the Motor and the 'Rec out' of the Motor should go down to your Decoder input. That's it.

Of coarse you have configure your Receiver for this arrangment using Diseqc 1.0 for your Fixed LNB's and Diseqc 1.2 for your Motorised Lnb.

Top stuff Alfred_1 your a star.

I didn't know you could do it that way.

I already have my main dish setup with 2 x 4way switches (tecnomateTM-4S) My motor also TM is a TM2600.

So basicaly I don't need anything, just a break in the weather (I've got cable and connectors).

But for future reference could you recommend a 8-way switch ?
          Many thanks CSB

Comment

• alfred_1
            Banned
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by C_S_B
            Top stuff Alfred_1 your a star.

I didn't know you could do it that way.

I already have my main dish setup with 2 x 4way switches (tecnomateTM-4S) My motor also TM is a TM2600.

So basicaly I don't need anything, just a break in the weather (I've got cable and connectors).

But for future reference could you recommend a 8-way switch ?
            Many thanks CSB
            Hi, I don't know if an 8 way switch will work because some receivers simply don't work with that setup especially when using committed/uncomitted 1.0 - 1.1 Diseqc comands.
            so really I daren't recommend it because I am at no man land in that sphere.

Comment

• redhezuk
              Experienced Board Member
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by alfred_1

This works fine as it is the same setup I have for a fixed dish on 28E and motorised, although I have mine setup so that the LNB outputs from fixed and motorised go into the Diseqc switch which then go to my receiver. The receiver is then set so that input 1 is motorised dish and input 2 is the fixed dish.

Comment

• C_S_B
                • Apr 2010

I found on an old/forum 2006 (thanks to Dingo) the following config which suggests using the switch port4/Lnb3 (see pic) as when adding adition sats to the motor Lnb3 is auto selected within the non-standard user page.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...