Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Cheapest Linux based receiver to buy

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tibsom
    • Mar 2011

Cheapest Linux based receiver to buy

Does any one know that are the cheapest Linux based receiver to buy? I am not interested on performance or quality. just in prices. If possible I am also interested on DVB that can upload firmware via USB. I need it to install on clients permisses. many txs
  • digicon
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jun 2011

Re: Cheapest Linux based receiver to buy

You have a choice Openbox S9 for about £63 off the bay if you dont mind getting a clone or if HD is not a priority then a genuine Technomate 500 for about £54.

The TM500 would cause a lot less hassle, A good solid performer

Comment

• tibsom
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by digicon
      You have a choice Openbox S9 for about £63 off the bay if you dont mind getting a clone or if HD is not a priority then a genuine Technomate 500 for about £54.

The TM500 would cause a lot less hassle, A good solid performer
      Huunnn Genuine Techonomate 500 for £54. Where do I get it from? any dealer in special?

Comment

• bledi07
        Experienced Board Member
        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by tibsom
        Does any one know that are the cheapest Linux based receiver to buy? I am not interested on performance or quality. just in prices. If possible I am also interested on DVB that can upload firmware via USB. I need it to install on clients permisses. many txs
        Go for Openbox S9 HD or Skybox S9 HD. They are cheap linux receivers.
        Make sure before you buy that receiver is original and not clone.
        New firmwares kill clones.
        I don't think you should go for any SD receiver for 20 pounds less.
        HD is future now.
        Even myself i am planning to buy a cheap linux HD receiver.
        I am in dilemma between Openbox S9 or DM 800 se clone. To be honest i don't like clones but i can't afford buying original linux HD receiver.
        Openbox S9 is far behind Enigma 2 Based Linux Receivers.
        How to find out if you buying original or clone read here:

Comment

• housy01
          • May 2011

If you want an open linux based receiver, the cheapest is the Dreambox 500s (you can only find clone because the official is not product anymore). The problem is that it can't decrypt HD channels. Otherwise you have the Dream 800HD PVR...

Comment

• digicon
            Experienced Board Member
            • Jun 2011

Why would anyone want to buy an outdated and cloned box when for a few pounds,euros,dollars more you can have a genuine non cloned box, and HD if you look around if i where to buy a cloned box now it would not be the 500s the openbox S9 can be had for £60 from some sellers on ebay and thats HD as well

Comment

• tibsom
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by digicon
              Why would anyone want to buy an outdated and cloned box when for a few pounds,euros,dollars more you can have a genuine non cloned box, and HD if you look around if i where to buy a cloned box now it would not be the 500s the openbox S9 can be had for £60 from some sellers on ebay and thats HD as well
              I do not blame you for your choice my friend, you must to know that clones only exist if the product is good, and most of the time it works as well as the original one and some times even better. But do not understand me wrong as I prefer the originals. It is just a matter of choice

Comment

Working...