Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Required Dish Size Guide

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sahilkhan
    • Jun 2011

Required Dish Size Guide

As the solar panel array / general wear & tear takes it's toll this list has been revised to take this into account,
    Only Satellites with a Footprint in England & Wales included in this list,no inclined orbit satellites either see special listings for these.

Satellite .-.-.-.-.--.-.------------------.Dish size for :-south east England ------------.North & West England..
    (Dish size's in the North & West will need to be 30 to 40% larger to achieve the same reception as the South East of England.)
    This guide is based on an 0.6dB Lnb with all dish size's.
    ABS-1 {LMI-1}--------------------- 75 east 120cm
    Intelsat-4 --------------------------72 east 80cm
    Eutelsat-W5 ------------------------70.5 east 100cm
    Intelsat-7 & 10 ---------------------68.5 east 100cm
    Intelsat-902 ------------------------62 east 80cm
    NSS-7 ------------------------------57 east 80cm
    Express AM-22 ----------------------53 east 80cm {120cm required for 12500 to 12750 beam}
    Intelsat-12 -------------------------45 east 80 cm
    Turksat 1C & 2A --------------------42 east 90cm--------.----------------100cm.reception only for west beam,
    The UK is too far outside the intended service area of Turksat 42 east " East beam " no reception possible in the UK.
    Express-AM-1 ----------------------40 east100cm
    Hellasat-2 --------------------------39 ----- 60cm-----.------------------80cm.this is for Europe beam only,
    No reception possible from Aegean sea beam "Greece & Turkey" of Hellasat-2 @ 39 east,
    Eutelsat Sesat ----------------------36 -----100cm reception only for European beam,No reception possible in the UK from Eutelsat W4 beam to Russia,
    Eurobird-3 --------------------------33 ----100cm It is Not possible to receive services from Eastern Europe beams in UK,
    Astra-5A ----------------------------31.5 east -----80cm dish
    Astra---2A- B- C & Eurobird-1------28.2 / 28.5-----45cm-----.--------------------60cm.
    Astra 2D------------------------------28.2----45cm-------------------------------60cm--------------It is not possible to receive reliable reception from Astra 2D outside the intended service area,
    Badr-3 & 4 ---------------------------26 -----100cm to 120cm---------North>> 120 to 180cm no guarantee of MBC in the North or the new BSS footprint on Badr-6,
    Astra-1E & 3A*---------------------23.5 -----90cm --------------------------120 *further West even bigger dish required
    Eutelsat-W-6 -----------------------21.6 ----120 to 150cm
    Astra-1--F-G-H-KR-1L-------------19.2 ------50cm -------.------------------60cm.
    Eutelsat-W-2 ----------------------16 ------100cm
    Hotbird--6--7A & 8 ---------------13---------50cm---------.-------------------60cm.
    Eutelsat-W1 ----------------------10 -------100 to 120cm
    Eurobird-9 ----------------------- --9 --------80cm
    Eutelsat-W3A ---------------------7 ---------80cm
    Sirius-4---------------------------4.8 east ---120cm no reliable reception from Nordic beam outside intended service area.
    Sirius-4---------------------------4.8 --------80cm European beam,
    Astra-1C -------------------------4.6--------70cm {no longer in service}
    Eurobird-4 ------------------------4 ---------80cm
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Thor-5 --------------------0.8 west --80cm
    Thor-3 --------------------0.8 -------120cm no reliable service from Nordic beam outside intended service area,
    Intelsat-10-02 ------------1 west ---80cm
    Amos-2 & 3----------------4 west ---100cm no reliable service in UK as we are not inside the intended service area,
    AtlanticBird-3 -------------5 west ----60cm ----.-------------------70cm.
    Nilesat-101 & 102 ------------------7 ---------120 to 150cm {for vertical transponder's} for Horizontal Tp's 240cm + but no reliable reception possible in the UK as we are well outside the service area for this satellite,best reception is on the South coast of the UK, North of Birmingham reception drops off considerably due to the curvature of the earth,
    AtlanticBird-4 ----------------------7 west No reception possible in the UK,
    AtlanticBird-2 ---------------------8 ---------60cm-------.------------------------------80cm.
    Express A-3 ----------------------11--------(100cm in southern uk for ATV & RTRS)----150cm to 240cm in the north,No reliable service in the UK,
    AtlanticBird-1 ----------------------12.5 ------80cm
    Telstar-12 -------------------------15 --------80cm {some transponder's now require 120cm dish}
    Intelsat-901 ------------------------18 --------80cm
    NSS-7 ------------------------------22 -------100cm
    Intelsat-905 -----------------------24.5 ------80cm
    Intelsat-907 -----------------------27.5 ------80cm
    Hispasat 1C & 1D -------------------30 -------80cm to 100cm
    Intelsat 801 -----------------------31.5 -----100cm
    Intelsat-903 -----------------------34.5 ------80cm
    Intelsat-3R ------------------------43.1 ------80cm
    Intelsat-1R-------------------------45.1 ------80cm
    Intelsat-9 ---------------------------58 -------90cm {some transponder's now require 100cm dish}
    This is only a guide not all transponder's will be received if you are outside the intended coverage of a satellite,

Under poor weather conditions a larger dish size will be required for satellites not intended for your region if you are outside the normal footprint reception cannot be guaranteed,this information is given in good faith no responsibility can be taken by this site or the compiler of this guide.
  • digicon
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jun 2011

Re: Required Dish Size Guide

This guide has been floating around on various forums now for well over 4 years and needs seriously updating especially for the UK, A lot of the more popular sats that required 100cm and above can now be had on a good performing 80cm in the N.W easily, Not every transponder mind but enough for a wide range of channels

Comment

• redhezuk
      Experienced Board Member
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by digicon
      This guide has been floating around on various forums now for well over 4 years and needs seriously updating especially for the UK, A lot of the more popular sats that required 100cm and above can now be had on a good performing 80cm in the N.W easily, Not every transponder mind but enough for a wide range of channels
      Are you offering to update it based on your findings then digicon?

Comment

• digicon
        Experienced Board Member
        • Jun 2011

Originally posted by redhezuk
        Are you offering to update it based on your findings then digicon?

I will have a go next time i do a motor install for a mate of a mate so to speak that way i can have a real good go at each sat in question and see what signal levels are like, This will of course only apply to the N.W. of england and be on an 80cm dish.

Comment

• kiss_ro
          • Mar 2011

All these info you'll get on www.l y n g.sat. After you're introduce your GPS position they'll gave you all the info of the coverage, dish size in your area of each sattelite you browse - and it's very accurate...

Comment

• rasanansa
            Board Senior Member
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by kiss_ro
            All these info you'll get on www.l y n g.sat. After you're introduce your GPS position they'll gave you all the info of the coverage, dish size in your area of each sattelite you browse - and it's very accurate...
            Where do you have this feature within _Lynsat?
            I did a search but coudnt find where to introduce my GPS position.
            I am interested because my job takes me to different countries for long periods.
            If you think my post was helpful, please click the "thanks" button

Comment

• kiss_ro
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by rasanansa
              Where do you have this feature within _Lynsat?
              I did a search but coudnt find where to introduce my GPS position.
              I am interested because my job takes me to different countries for long periods.

It seems that this option - to put your GPS position was cancelled on the _www.lyngsat-maps.com - they have updated the webpage... You still have the possibility to see the dish size of all the sattelites you're interested on by looking the charts of each .. Another site that is showing the beams / dish is _http://en.kingofsat.net/beams.php... Hope it helped

Comment

Working...